View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 31st, 2014, 7:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Getting ready for the Seahawks... 
Modmin Dude

Post Getting ready for the Seahawks...
MLive wrote:
Detroit Lions Issue of the Week: Start strong in the first half
By Anwar S. Richardson | arichar2@mlive.com
on October 24, 2012 at 5:07 AM, updated October 24, 2012 at 5:08 AM

ALLEN PARK -- The Detroit Lions can afford to start slow against the Seattle Seahawks, right?

Detroit's inability to score points in the first half has become more of a repetitive subject that politics right about now. It has been talked about, examined, debated, and still remains a topic of conversation. Detroit's offensive ineptness in the first half will likely remain an issue until quarterback Matthew Stafford and offensive coordinator solve the problem.

Welcome back to MLive.com's weekly Lions feature. In advance of each game, we identify the Lions' "Issue of the Week" and give our insight as to how it might play out.

And we welcome feedback from you, the reader, with some of the best comments slated to be used in an item later this week.

ANWAR RICHARDSON
Detroit had a high-powered offense last season, but how bad are things this season?

Jacksonville quarterback Blaine Gabbert has thrown six touchdowns.

Stafford has thrown five.

Are you depressed yet?

Stafford has led his team to only one offensive touchdown in the first half this season, a 1-yard score by running back Joique Bell in Week 1. He hasn't thrown a first-half touchdown this season yet.

Detroit's quarterback has not thrown a touchdown pass to receiver Calvin Johnson in 2012, and their inability to connect is a major reason why Detroit has a 2-4 record. Seattle's defense is strong, almost like Chicago's, and if Stafford does not come alive on Sunday, Detroit's playoff chances are dead.

JUSTIN ROGERS
The good news is the Seahawks are one of the lowest scoring teams in the NFL. Only the Jaguars are scoring less than Seattle's 16.6 points per game.

That said, there's a key advantage to getting up early. If the Lions can manage to get up two scores (don't laugh), they can make the Seahawks one-dimensional, limiting Marshawn Lynch's impact and putting all the pressure on rookie quarterback Russell Wilson.

Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford is the key. He's been shaky on his first 10 passes of games, completing just 55 percent of those 60 throws for a dismal 4.74 yards per attempt. He'll need to be at his best if the Lions want to move the chains against Seattle's big, physical secondary.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... wee_7.html
Can / will the offense not be so, uh, offensive this week?
Go Lions!!! headbang.gif

October 24th, 2012, 10:53 am
Varsity Captain

Post Re: Getting ready for the Seahawks...
The Lions are favored by 5.

October 24th, 2012, 12:42 pm
Butkus Award Winner

I won't predict a score since we've been a mystery so far, but we can hold the Seahawks offense under 14 points, but can the offense score that much? We'll see.

A win would get us on track and be a good thing, a statement blowout win would be great and give our team a new momentum.

October 24th, 2012, 1:59 pm
Walk On

I won't predict a score either, but I will predict this:

1. The Seahags secondary is full of big bodies like Charles Tillman ... so Calvin better get his darn act together and act like the more physically gifted WR in the league instead of playing like a nobody. If he doesn't out-physical the opposition, the Lions will lose.

2. IF The lions give up on the run (again) like they did on Monday, they will lose.

October 24th, 2012, 4:28 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Lions win.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 24th, 2012, 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

If we continue to fumble and drop passes, we will lose. If Jim Schwartz and the staff continue to be stiff and uncreative they could be gone before seasons end

October 24th, 2012, 5:14 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I.E. wrote:
I won't predict a score either, but I will predict this:

1. The Seahags secondary is full of big bodies like Charles Tillman ... so Calvin better get his darn act together and act like the more physically gifted WR in the league instead of playing like a nobody. If he doesn't out-physical the opposition, the Lions will lose.

2. IF The lions give up on the run (again) like they did on Monday, they will lose.

:roll:

October 24th, 2012, 7:33 pm
Pop Warner Vet

Flying out Friday up to Motown to see the seahawks game. It's funny because early in the season we had the option of going to Minny at home or Seattle at home. We decided on Seattle because Minny would be too much of a blow out win #-o .

Like the commentators said on Monday, maybe Fielder, Miggy, or Young can take a break from the World Series and help the Leos out with some offense!
\:D/

October 24th, 2012, 7:39 pm

I dont see anything you can argue IE about on that.

I forget if this is Home or away, but if this is in seattle the Lions will lose, the playoffs will be dead, and the majority of my posts for the rest of this season will be in the draft forum.

If it is a Home game for the Leos, we should be able to beat Seattle unless we give up 3 RZ Turnovers AND Muff a Punt in our own RZ when we just stole the momentum.

October 24th, 2012, 7:43 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

DJ-B wrote:
I dont see anything you can argue IE about on that.

I forget if this is Home or away, but if this is in seattle the Lions will lose, the playoffs will be dead, and the majority of my posts for the rest of this season will be in the draft forum.

If it is a Home game for the Leos, we should be able to beat Seattle unless we give up 3 RZ Turnovers AND Muff a Punt in our own RZ when we just stole the momentum.

who's arguing IE?

October 24th, 2012, 9:13 pm

I had assumed the :rolleyes: was a dispute to his comment. hile I dont think B Marshall is the better WR (so far this season) as he asserted earlier, i can't disagree with his post you quoted.

October 24th, 2012, 9:19 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

DJ-B wrote:
I had assumed the :rolleyes: was a dispute to his comment. hile I dont think B Marshall is the better WR (so far this season) as he asserted earlier, i can't disagree with his post you quoted.

on the contrary i meant it as more of a "duh". though id take CJ ahead of marshall anyday

October 25th, 2012, 12:12 am

roger that

October 25th, 2012, 1:38 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]