View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2014, 2:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Highlight Reel 5/23 
Modmin Dude

Post Highlight Reel 5/23
Monday, May 23, 2005

The latest on Law
On the Ty Law front, the Jets may be back in the running for the former Patriot, after veteran corner Donnie Abraham wasn't planning on retiring. MLive.com sister site, NJ.com now reports that Abraham is once again contemplating retiring. His retirement would up the ante for Law, as the Jets would be back into the bidding.

Abraham, a nine-year veteran, will report today as the Jets resume their organized off-season workouts. He says he's still contemplating retirement largely because of family concerns and feels this week will help him make a final decision. Abraham missed the team's first round of workouts and the April minicamp.
"The toughest thing is making a commitment," he said. "It (football) takes a lot out of you. If I come back, I'm going to be totally committed."

If you missed the blurb this weekend from Miami coach Nick Saban, he said the Dolphins are unlikely to sign Law. Here's the brief from the Palm Beach Post.

The Dolphins have shown interest in former New England defensive tackle Keith Traylor. But Saban said any hopes to sign former Patriots cornerback Ty Law are "fantasy football," because Miami can't afford him.

Don't believe a word. This simply means that Saban is not going to pay what the Postons want the Dolphins to pay. The Lions likely won't pay what the Postons want, as well. This does not mean Miami is out of it.

It means that no one is in it for their goofy asking price of multiple-millions for multiple years.

Print | Send To A Friend | Permalink (Learn More)

TWITKB Notes - The Boring Off-season
Killer hops into the forum, on occasion, and here are a few of his latest posts.

5.18 - Iktomi: I think that it's time we had a list of Banned Phrases or Words. We're heading into a new season and I think that all forumites should push themselves to be more creative. I'll start with my top three: 1. Joey Lover. 2. Joey Hater. 3. Titanic (and all derivitives).
CLTLion: "fellas" nt
TomKowalski: Fine ... from now on, it'll be "chuckleheads'' ...

5.18 - runnshoot: Dead Last ....Please give us the scoop. Please please please.
TomKowalski: You chuckleheads ... i have no idea whether harrington finished last or not and the only reason i don't investigate further is because i couldn't care less ... how a quarterback performs in those "battle of the network stars'' conditions is beyond meaningless ... it's tv tripe, nothing more and nothing less ... i almost wrote something about this days ago, but i was so irritated that any of you would give any credence to this -- one or other way -- i didn't think it was worth the time or effort ... and i was right, it isn't worth it ...

5.18 - LionFanInGa: TY LAW QUESTION This thing has probably been beat like a dead horse ...however I havent been on MLIVE in awhile....ANY CHANCE LAW SIGNS WITH LIONS? !!
TomKowalski: UFB ... that stands for un-f'n-believable ... as soon as i sent that last message, my first thought was "will it be 10 seconds or 20 seconds before somebody asks a ty law question?'' it was 10 seconds ...
5.19 - TomKowalski: About the cranky Law comment ... once again, you misunderstood ... i wasn't taking issue with your desire to know about law, just the fact that you ask every five minutes ... it's not like i'm withholding some key information ... when something breaks, you'll be the first (or second or third) to know ...

5.18 - Zoboa You ever hang out at these "Lions" events like Mooch's Bocce ball tourney, or when the players do charity basketball games....
TomKowalski: Never ... let's say 99 percent of the time it's never ... if i see a player or two (or coach or whatever) in a restaurant, we'll talk and have a beer or two, but i don't hang out with players ... we're friendly, but not friends ... after six months of seeing each other every day, believe me, we both need the break ...

5.18 - NorthChamps: Please end the debate. Should the new Star Wars movie be seen at the movies or on DVD?
TomKowalski: In your basement ... with every other loser who got beat up in high school ...
that's a joke, kids ...

5.19 - boourns: Lions are determined to find a starting FS. Sorry, Holt, but Millen and/or Mooch are not sold on you. That's why they are thinking about signing Law, or trading for Reed. Or they might sign someone who gets cut after June 1. Either way, Holt will not be the starting FS.
TomKowalski: I agree ... i think boourns is right ... while they're saying they're happy with holt, they're still looking for an upgrade ... i think the ed reed thing is a non-issue, but law could come into play later in the summer (if his options dwindle) ... i think law would be willing to make the move -- if he's smart enough to see how it extended the career of rod woodson ... and the june 1 cuts will be interesting ...

May 23rd, 2005, 4:49 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

What's this about us trading for Ed Reed, is this some kind of joke? Or is there some actual validity to this? Any of you guys know? B/c this is the 1st time I have heard anything about this

NEVER GIVE UP!

May 23rd, 2005, 4:57 pm
Modmin Dude

What's this about us trading for Ed Reed, is this some kind of joke? Or is there some actual validity to this? Any of you guys know? B/c this is the 1st time I have heard anything about this

I was reading something on another forum about it a couple days ago...while I would love to see Ed Reed in a Lions uni, I just don't see that happening. We would have to give up too much to get him. Hell, they wouldn't take Moss from the Vikings for him, why would they take any one of our players???

May 23rd, 2005, 5:17 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Thnx Wags, I agree he would cost us to much to get although he would look nice in a Lions uni like you said.

but... can you imagine him and Kennoy at safeties for us? :D

NEVER GIVE UP!

May 23rd, 2005, 5:54 pm
Modmin Dude

Thnx Wags, I agree he would cost us to much to get although he would look nice in a Lions uni like you said.

but... can you imagine him and Kennoy at safeties for us? :D

Yes I can
:nod: \:D/ :drool: :thumbsup: 5obsessed.gif new_shocked.gif :idea:

May 24th, 2005, 10:26 am
RIP Killer

Ed Reed is a pipe dream - not going to happen. Can you just imagine what Baltimore would be asking for him.

May 24th, 2005, 11:36 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Ed Reed is a pipe dream - not going to happen. Can you just imagine what Baltimore would be asking for him.

Yes.......Roy Williams, Shaun Rogers and next years first round pick.

May 24th, 2005, 11:56 am
Bubbles the Lion

So what's our chances now of getting Law if Jets are back in the loop?

May 24th, 2005, 4:39 pm
QB Coach

Pablo wrote:

Yes.......Roy Williams, Shaun Rogers and next years first round pick.

They need a receiver? :?

May 24th, 2005, 8:12 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]