View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 7:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Nick Fairley Busted for Pot 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Nick Fairley Busted for Pot
http://www.freep.com/article/20120403/S ... y=nav|head

That's 2 high draft picks in 2 days. WTF?!

NEVER GIVE UP!

April 3rd, 2012, 4:42 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Nick Fairley Busted for Pot
WOW, will Titus be next? Might as well draft Janoris Jenkins now, he will fit in perfectly...

April 3rd, 2012, 4:51 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

This is phucking outrageous!!! You would think that if one stupid idiot got busted twice in 30 days that the other moron would learn from it and stay out of trouble.

Schwartz has got to get his arms around this right away!!

They need to mount a picture of Charles Rogers in the training room with a sign that says, "THIS COULD BE YOU STUPID!!"

STUPID!! ](*,)

Last edited by LionFan57 on April 4th, 2012, 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 3rd, 2012, 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I say if you get busted your mug shot is posted to your locker all year.

April 3rd, 2012, 5:47 pm
Profile WWW

Pablo wrote:

+1

NEVER GIVE UP!

April 3rd, 2012, 7:08 pm
LionsFan4Life wrote:
Pablo wrote:

+1

Blah... It would probably become a right of passage and something to get "teased" about rather than something that they're actually embarrassed about. There really isn't a way to "punish" these kids. They're young millionares with more money than they know what to do with. The best you can do is get them focused on what's right and what they SHOULD be doing, rather than trying to focus on negative re-inforcement.

April 3rd, 2012, 9:21 pm
Team MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:
LionsFan4Life wrote:
Pablo wrote:

+1

Blah... It would probably become a right of passage and something to get "teased" about rather than something that they're actually embarrassed about. There really isn't a way to "punish" these kids. They're young millionares with more money than they know what to do with. The best you can do is get them focused on what's right and what they SHOULD be doing, rather than trying to focus on negative re-inforcement.

Agree. Damn thugs.

I guess these were the "character concerns" they talked about when evaluating Fairley last year. But Mikel??

Unbelievable. Glad I bought a Stafford jersey instead of Fairley.. :roll:

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 3rd, 2012, 9:47 pm

i wonder if a white dude got smoking weed if he'd be a thug... anyway the whole thing is frustrating.
@ wjb, the only solution i can think of is that the law actually does its job rather than lettin rich people off easy all the time. when its all said and done, i doubt Fairley will even have this on his record. let it be my broke butt, different story.

April 3rd, 2012, 10:01 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Wow.. You would think he would learn... This is really frustrating more then anything... :x

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

April 3rd, 2012, 10:38 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

AHHHH! We're becoming like Chicago! I was a little concerned about them getting all of these WR in the off season until I remembered that they'd have to stay out of jail to play, and now we are becoming like them.

Schwartz needs a team meeting and a very LARGE can of WHOOP Keister. I'm thinking HUGE fines from the Lions Org. as a way to clean house. This is NOT the type of team we want to be known for, nor should we tolerate.

Legalizing that crap aint the answer either, maintaining the standard of correct behavior with severe penalties for professionals who violate is.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

April 3rd, 2012, 11:28 pm

Lions2SB2 wrote:
Wow.. You would think he would learn... This is really frustrating more then anything... :x

exactly. regardless of the law or whatever, you just gotta be more professional than that. It should probably be in the contract along with skydiving and motorcycling as things that can break a deal. And I LOVE MJ, but I would'nt mess up my paycheck for it

April 3rd, 2012, 11:55 pm
Killwill25 wrote:
i wonder if a white dude got smoking weed if he'd be a thug... anyway the whole thing is frustrating.
@ wjb, the only solution i can think of is that the law actually does its job rather than lettin rich people off easy all the time. when its all said and done, i doubt Fairley will even have this on his record. let it be my broke butt, different story.

I can say for sure that no one, rich or poor, gets "convicted" for their first pot charge. There is a common plea, 7411, that nearly EVERYONE gets, rich or poor, for their first offense. I can say this from experience, not because I've been charged, but because I have defended people and gotten this plea for them:

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/pag ... ements-r24

April 4th, 2012, 2:49 am

People seem to be neglecting the fact that 2011 was the first draft class that didn't go through a real off-season program in their rookie year. Just as with the high number of injuries on the Lions and other teams in training camp/preseason last year, I don't think this is a coincidence.

April 4th, 2012, 7:49 am
Team MVP

thelomasbrowns wrote:
People seem to be neglecting the fact that 2011 was the first draft class that didn't go through a real off-season program in their rookie year. Just as with the high number of injuries on the Lions and other teams in training camp/preseason last year, I don't think this is a coincidence.

Oh....So that gives them the right to posess drugs????

My theory: You get caught, go to jail. Simple.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 4th, 2012, 8:55 am

kdsberman wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

Oh....So that gives them the right to posess drugs????

My theory: You get caught, go to jail. Simple.

Not condoning what they did, just offering up a potential explanation.

April 4th, 2012, 9:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next