HARD HITTING DETROIT LIONS FORUM
http://www.lionbacker.com/forum/

Ryan Broyles to IR
http://www.lionbacker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16362
Page 1 of 2

Author:  LionsFan4Life [ December 3rd, 2012, 5:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Ryan Broyles to IR

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87062 ... ee-surgery

The WR corps looking pretty thin now, and it sucks that Broyles is now gone for the year.

Author:  thelomasbrowns [ December 3rd, 2012, 5:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ryan Broyles to IR

Looks like an announcement on Young is coming today or tomorrow as well. He's done as a Lion.

Author:  wjb21ndtown [ December 3rd, 2012, 5:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ryan Broyles to IR

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Looks like an announcement on Young is coming today or tomorrow as well. He's done as a Lion.


If that is the case, I'll be impressed.

Pissed about the Broyles thing though... We drafted a guy with a major injury in college in the 2nd round, and he didn't make the whole year?... Hmmmm... Who would have thought...

Author:  LionsFan4Life [ December 3rd, 2012, 5:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ryan Broyles to IR

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Looks like an announcement on Young is coming today or tomorrow as well. He's done as a Lion.


I did hear that Schwartz said he's(Titus) is no longer in the mix at WR.

Author:  LionsFan4Life [ December 3rd, 2012, 5:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ryan Broyles to IR

wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Looks like an announcement on Young is coming today or tomorrow as well. He's done as a Lion.


If that is the case, I'll be impressed.

Pissed about the Broyles thing though... We drafted a guy with a major injury in college in the 2nd round, and he didn't make the whole year?... Hmmmm... Who would have thought...


In Broyles defense.. it was his opposite knee.. not the same knee he injured in College.

Author:  wjb21ndtown [ December 3rd, 2012, 5:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ryan Broyles to IR

LionsFan4Life wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Looks like an announcement on Young is coming today or tomorrow as well. He's done as a Lion.


I did hear that Schwartz said he's(Titus) is no longer in the mix at WR.


After that bullsh!t press conference where he acted like a total jackass, it's the right move. What sucks is, he'll probably go to another team, a team that actually disciplines their players and play well, at least for a while. He'll likely need to bounce to a 3rd team before he finally gets it, if he ever does...

Nice "great" draft pick you guys championed for the last two years... Like I said, I wish we would have drafted Cobb...

Author:  kdsberman [ December 3rd, 2012, 5:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ryan Broyles to IR

wjb21ndtown wrote:
LionsFan4Life wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Looks like an announcement on Young is coming today or tomorrow as well. He's done as a Lion.


I did hear that Schwartz said he's(Titus) is no longer in the mix at WR.


After that bullsh!t press conference where he acted like a total jackass, it's the right move. What sucks is, he'll probably go to another team, a team that actually disciplines their players and play well, at least for a while. He'll likely need to bounce to a 3rd team before he finally gets it, if he ever does...

Nice "great" draft pick you guys championed for the last two years... Like I said, I wish we would have drafted Cobb...


Do you ever post ANYTHING but "I told you so" related posts?

Author:  wjb21ndtown [ December 3rd, 2012, 5:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ryan Broyles to IR

kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
LionsFan4Life wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Looks like an announcement on Young is coming today or tomorrow as well. He's done as a Lion.


I did hear that Schwartz said he's(Titus) is no longer in the mix at WR.


After that bullsh!t press conference where he acted like a total jackass, it's the right move. What sucks is, he'll probably go to another team, a team that actually disciplines their players and play well, at least for a while. He'll likely need to bounce to a 3rd team before he finally gets it, if he ever does...

Nice "great" draft pick you guys championed for the last two years... Like I said, I wish we would have drafted Cobb...


Do you ever post ANYTHING but "I told you so" related posts?



Yes, I post predictions before they happen... Then "I told you so"s later.

Bottom line, I was right again... You can hate my style, you can't argue with the results, but I only see the things that YOU guys should be seeing, and would be seeing if you didn't look at this team through Honolulu blue colored lenses.

Author:  LionsAllDay [ December 3rd, 2012, 5:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ryan Broyles to IR

wjb21ndtown wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
LionsFan4Life wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Looks like an announcement on Young is coming today or tomorrow as well. He's done as a Lion.


I did hear that Schwartz said he's(Titus) is no longer in the mix at WR.


After that bullsh!t press conference where he acted like a total jackass, it's the right move. What sucks is, he'll probably go to another team, a team that actually disciplines their players and play well, at least for a while. He'll likely need to bounce to a 3rd team before he finally gets it, if he ever does...

Nice "great" draft pick you guys championed for the last two years... Like I said, I wish we would have drafted Cobb...


Do you ever post ANYTHING but "I told you so" related posts?



Yes, I post predictions before they happen... Then "I told you so"s later.

Bottom line, I was right again... You can hate my style, you can't argue with the results, but I only see the things that YOU guys should be seeing, and would be seeing if you didn't look at this team through Honolulu blue colored lenses.


Would Bill Cowher eventually bring MoTown large playoff success if he became the head coach next season?

Author:  wjb21ndtown [ December 3rd, 2012, 6:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ryan Broyles to IR

Shotty wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
LionsFan4Life wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Looks like an announcement on Young is coming today or tomorrow as well. He's done as a Lion.


I did hear that Schwartz said he's(Titus) is no longer in the mix at WR.


After that bullsh!t press conference where he acted like a total jackass, it's the right move. What sucks is, he'll probably go to another team, a team that actually disciplines their players and play well, at least for a while. He'll likely need to bounce to a 3rd team before he finally gets it, if he ever does...

Nice "great" draft pick you guys championed for the last two years... Like I said, I wish we would have drafted Cobb...


Do you ever post ANYTHING but "I told you so" related posts?


Yes, I post predictions before they happen... Then "I told you so"s later.

Bottom line, I was right again... You can hate my style, you can't argue with the results, but I only see the things that YOU guys should be seeing, and would be seeing if you didn't look at this team through Honolulu blue colored lenses.


Would Bill Cowher eventually bring MoTown large playoff success if he became the head coach next season?



I posted in the "GM" section my thoughts about the coaches (the topic was moved there for whatever reason). It does scare me that Cowher has had so many years out of football, but I do think he still has it in him. I think that of the conventional pool of available coaches that Cowher has the greatest potential to take us to a SB. I would have loved to have landed Jeff Fisher, but that's a done deal. If anyone would have said that Fisher would lead the Rams to a better record than the Lions at this point in the season in his first year there I think most (myself included) would have said "no way." What he's done in St. Louis with what they have there may not be "spectacular," but it is very, very good. MUCH better than what we're doing here with what we have.

We have to fix our OL, we have to fix our running game (if we had a damn running game we would have beat the Colts, you HAVE to be able to run in the 4th Q to close out games, period! or you have to have NE or Payton Manning, or New Orleans CONSISTENT, high % pass offense), but I think we do those things under Cowher. I almost think it would benefit our whole team if we did go back to some "old school football," play the game the right way, instill some discipline, and grind things out, even WITH our current players (CJ and Stafford included). I honestly think that everyone's stats (except perhaps for Staffords TD and yard #'s) would improve if we did this.

But to answer your question directly... Yes, I do think that Bill Cowher after two years of adding talent, could make this team a respectable, perennial playoff contender/participant.

Author:  BillySims [ December 3rd, 2012, 7:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ryan Broyles to IR

wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Looks like an announcement on Young is coming today or tomorrow as well. He's done as a Lion.


If that is the case, I'll be impressed.

Pissed about the Broyles thing though... We drafted a guy with a major injury in college in the 2nd round, and he didn't make the whole year?... Hmmmm... Who would have thought...


GASP!@#$%%^ :shock: I agree with WJB? The end is near.

Author:  BillySims [ December 3rd, 2012, 7:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ryan Broyles to IR

LionsFan4Life wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Looks like an announcement on Young is coming today or tomorrow as well. He's done as a Lion.


If that is the case, I'll be impressed.

Pissed about the Broyles thing though... We drafted a guy with a major injury in college in the 2nd round, and he didn't make the whole year?... Hmmmm... Who would have thought...


In Broyles defense.. it was his opposite knee.. not the same knee he injured in College.


That's not what I have been hearing on the radio today. They have been saying it was the same knee by saying he re-injured it.

Author:  The Legend [ December 3rd, 2012, 10:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ryan Broyles to IR

sad to see the last couple of drafts disintegrating

Author:  thelomasbrowns [ December 3rd, 2012, 10:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ryan Broyles to IR

BillySims wrote:
LionsFan4Life wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Looks like an announcement on Young is coming today or tomorrow as well. He's done as a Lion.


If that is the case, I'll be impressed.

Pissed about the Broyles thing though... We drafted a guy with a major injury in college in the 2nd round, and he didn't make the whole year?... Hmmmm... Who would have thought...


In Broyles defense.. it was his opposite knee.. not the same knee he injured in College.


That's not what I have been hearing on the radio today. They have been saying it was the same knee by saying he re-injured it.


Not true--it's the other knee. I've seen it in multiple press reports.

Author:  DJ-B [ December 3rd, 2012, 10:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ryan Broyles to IR

Correct. ACL tear in the Other Knee. Based on the time period of his injury last year (Nov) he should be ready to go by the Season again having been thru the rehab once before.

Hits keep coming.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/