View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 17th, 2014, 11:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 How much of an impact would this have to the defense? 
League MVP

Post Re: How much of an impact would this have to the defense?
Shotty wrote:
Find a way to convince Gunther to switch to 3-4. Add Manti Te'o, trade up and grab Jonathan Banks/Dee Milliner. Convert to a 3-4;

DE: Suh, L Jackson
NT: Hill/3rd-4th round DT
DE: Fairley, Willie
SLB: Durant/Whitehead/R-Lewis
MLB: Te'o/T-Lewis
MLB: Tulloch/T-Lewis
WLB: Levy/Whitehead/R-Lewis
CB: Houston
CB: Bentley/Milliner/Banks
Slot : Bentley/Milliner/Banks/Greenwood/Jonte
FS: Delmas
SS: Speivey or a 2nd round pick S

This would allow MUCH more man coverage since Te'o is great at it and Houston is more of a man than zone CB, and Milliner/Banks are both solid in man on the outside. Heavy blitzing.

It would have an impact but they would be worse especially at the LB spot where none of the players fit the positions you slotted them in except maybe Te'o. I highly doubt Sammie Hill would be a good 3-4 nose tackle and thats extremely important for the defense to work especially if you are going to have the undersized Tulloch play Middle in this scheme. As for the OLB, Levy and Durant wouldnt be good fits. I guess you could try Ronnel Lewis there and maybe Young but Young really has no clue how to play football so Im not sure switching positions would be good for him. Havent seen enough of Lewis to tell but he would fit from a size, speed perspective although Im not sure he s Demarcus Ware or Lamarr Woodley. So in summary you re taking 2-3 high draft picks for the defense but getting worse at NT, both OLB, one of the MLB and you still havent found a safety. I dont like it.

December 3rd, 2012, 9:33 pm
Team MVP

Shotty wrote:
FORD_FIELD wrote:
Id like to see Suh line up in the mike position like he did in his rookie year. He got like four sacks that way.

Levy/Suh/Durant
kvb/williams/fairley/avril

have Suh blitz and take the open lane.. And can u imagine the WR coming across the middle and thinking what if suh is there lol LIGHTS OUT!

Good point. The talent on the defensive line gives us so many options; adding a potential GREAT linebacker would give us even more. Let's start a T'eo bandwagon!

I got shotgun.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 3rd, 2012, 9:34 pm
Veteran General Manager

The Legend wrote:
Shotty wrote:
Find a way to convince Gunther to switch to 3-4. Add Manti Te'o, trade up and grab Jonathan Banks/Dee Milliner. Convert to a 3-4;

DE: Suh, L Jackson
NT: Hill/3rd-4th round DT
DE: Fairley, Willie
SLB: Durant/Whitehead/R-Lewis
MLB: Te'o/T-Lewis
MLB: Tulloch/T-Lewis
WLB: Levy/Whitehead/R-Lewis
CB: Houston
CB: Bentley/Milliner/Banks
Slot : Bentley/Milliner/Banks/Greenwood/Jonte
FS: Delmas
SS: Speivey or a 2nd round pick S

This would allow MUCH more man coverage since Te'o is great at it and Houston is more of a man than zone CB, and Milliner/Banks are both solid in man on the outside. Heavy blitzing.

It would have an impact but they would be worse especially at the LB spot where none of the players fit the positions you slotted them in except maybe Te'o. I highly doubt Sammie Hill would be a good 3-4 nose tackle and thats extremely important for the defense to work especially if you are going to have the undersized Tulloch play Middle in this scheme. As for the OLB, Levy and Durant wouldnt be good fits. I guess you could try Ronnel Lewis there and maybe Young but Young really has no clue how to play football so Im not sure switching positions would be good for him. Havent seen enough of Lewis to tell but he would fit from a size, speed perspective although Im not sure he s Demarcus Ware or Lamarr Woodley. So in summary you re taking 2-3 high draft picks for the defense but getting worse at NT, both OLB, one of the MLB and you still havent found a safety. I dont like it.

SLH was being looked at as a 3-4 nose tackle when he was in the draft. There were discussions here as to why we picked him because he was being touted as a 3-4 nose tackle.

December 3rd, 2012, 9:45 pm
Position Coach

kdsberman wrote:
No way we could get both Te'o AND Milliner without giving up the farm.

I bet you that Mayhew and Schwartz wont be shy about parting ways with future draft pics because they may not be here in the future.

December 4th, 2012, 12:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2