View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 29th, 2014, 2:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Time for some payback 
QB Coach

Post Time for some payback
I just heard the other day that Chicago needs a win against us, and Minnesota loss to get into the playoffs. If my memory serves me correctly, didn't they, Chicago, knock us out of the playoffs one year with a last game victory?

I'm hoping the team gets the word and looks to dish out a little payback by getting a victory Sunday, just to shut Chicago's mouth a little bit....

Anyone care to share that with the Lions? Any reporters, scouts, or someone with insider contact?

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

December 26th, 2012, 10:45 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Time for some payback
Christmas Eve 2000... They beat us on a FG

December 26th, 2012, 11:36 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

conversion02 wrote:

And ushered in the Millen era...we could probably have a similar effect on them, as a loss would almost assuredly cost Lovie his job.

December 26th, 2012, 11:38 pm
thelomasbrowns wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

And ushered in the Millen era...we could probably have a similar effect on them, as a loss would almost assuredly cost Lovie his job.

With our luck the Cowher to Chicago rumors would be true, and our win would cost us years of being dominated...

December 26th, 2012, 11:41 pm
3rd Round Selection

thelomasbrowns wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

The first Lions game I ever attended in person. It was good of them to set my expectations appropriately right from the off!

December 27th, 2012, 5:44 am
League MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

With our luck the Cowher to Chicago rumors would be true, and our win would cost us years of being dominated...

hahaha, i agree completely. i think lovie runs a good program overall but makes some weird calls during games. i could see the bears moving on from their current staff but i think they would be more likely to hire someone great like cowher and i think cowher is an outstanding fit for them

December 27th, 2012, 8:56 am

The Legend wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

hahaha, i agree completely. i think lovie runs a good program overall but makes some weird calls during games. i could see the bears moving on from their current staff but i think they would be more likely to hire someone great like cowher and i think cowher is an outstanding fit for them

In Chicago the owning family (the McCaskeys I believe) are largely thought to be just about making money, which they do hand over fist already just by being decent every year. There's no guarantee they would go out and spend the big bucks to bring in a Cowher. I also think Lovie has got good production out of a lot of old guys and bums. There's no guarantee another coach would be able to do that.

December 27th, 2012, 11:21 am

Its amazing to me how many people are fooled by Lovie thinking he is a good coach. I hope he coaches the bears for the next 20 years.

December 27th, 2012, 1:02 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

DJ-B wrote:
Its amazing to me how many people are fooled by Lovie thinking he is a good coach. I hope he coaches the bears for the next 20 years.

He's by no means a great coach. But you can't dispute he's gotten good production from largely sub-par talent. Their last GM was only slightly better than Millen, and as a result, they have gaping holes on their offensive line and at WR. Their defense is super old too. Yet somehow, they still go 9-7 (and beat us) pretty much every year. I'd say that's a sign of a good coach.

December 27th, 2012, 1:27 pm

See and I think they have underperformed with quality talent for the past 5+ years. So I guess it is all in the perspective.

Chicago has missed the playoffs in 5 of the past 6 seasons, While fielding 1 of the best defenses in decades and after trading for a "Franchise QB and WR". I like our coaching staff better than theirs, and am ready for ours to be replaced.

The Diehard Chicago fan that sits next to me at work is praying they lose and Lovie is fired, as he feels its the only chance they have to get out from under the consistent middle of the pack finishes.

December 27th, 2012, 3:33 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
DJ-B wrote:
See and I think they have underperformed with quality talent for the past 5+ years. So I guess it is all in the perspective.

Chicago has missed the playoffs in 5 of the past 6 seasons, While fielding 1 of the best defenses in decades and after trading for a "Franchise QB and WR". I like our coaching staff better than theirs, and am ready for ours to be replaced.

The Diehard Chicago fan that sits next to me at work is praying they lose and Lovie is fired, as he feels its the only chance they have to get out from under the consistent middle of the pack finishes.

I agree completely. One of the best LBs in the league, good secondary, great D, good OL, one of the best RBs in the game, and they had one of the best TEs before they dumped Olsen. Their receiving corps has been somewhat hit or miss, but they've had some good guys come through there, and, IMO Cutler is an adequate Qb. You could say that Grossman and Co. were subpar Qbs, but the Qb spot, and perhaps pass-blocking were really their only weak link(s).

What they've done with Devon Hester, IMO, is flat out ridiculous. They definitely don't get as much out of him as they could.

December 27th, 2012, 5:07 pm
QB Coach

I'll never forget that game. Rookie kicker Paul Edinger made a 54 yard kick with only a few seconds left to take the lead 23-20. I was so mad I threw something and blew up a large wooden reindeer we had for decoration. Luckily the thing was made like a puzzle so I could put it back together.

Our loss allowed the Rams to make the playoffs where they lost their re-match with the Saints.

December 27th, 2012, 5:44 pm

DJ-B wrote:

Fair points. Offense is definitely not his forte (no pun intended), so they haven't been able to support those great defenses.

December 28th, 2012, 9:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]