View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2014, 4:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44
 Off-Season Moves 
Team MVP

Post Re: Off-Season Moves
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Still think that Delmas signing was a great signing? :roll:

Ive said it before FA that we shouldnt re-sign him. I knew this was going to happen and nothing will change when the season starts. He will be game-time decisions every week, and when he finally plays, he wont be 100%. Then we hear the excuses of how hes not 100%, and thats why he didnt have a good season. The bottom line is, we probably will never see him at full strength ever again. And personally, I dont want to wait to find out.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

June 12th, 2013, 10:50 pm
QB Coach

kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Ive said it before FA that we shouldnt re-sign him. I knew this was going to happen and nothing will change when the season starts. He will be game-time decisions every week, and when he finally plays, he wont be 100%. Then we hear the excuses of how hes not 100%, and thats why he didnt have a good season. The bottom line is, we probably will never see him at full strength ever again. And personally, I dont want to wait to find out.

I agree 100%. I had serious reservations about resigning him, and now it looks like they're coming to pass. People love to make excuses for him about his health, but the reality is that the ability to stay healthy (enough to play effectively) is a huge part of being a good NFL player. Tons of players' careers are cut short due to injury, even great ones. Bo Jackson anyone?

Anyway, I think this year will be the last time we see Delmas doing much of anything for the Lions. I think they'll be moving on after this.

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things ... _Do_Anyway

LET'S GO DUKE!

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.

June 13th, 2013, 1:26 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

wjb21ndtown wrote:

The way they structured the deal, there's little financial risk if he doesn't see the field this year. What's not clear is how much they were counting on him. Did they expect him to be the starter, or is it that they'll take what they can get from him this year? The deal they had him sign suggests they're not expecting too much.

June 13th, 2013, 6:47 am

In regards to Delmas, I think the Lions knew they could only plug so many holes this offseason. So, I believe they re-signed Delmas to get what they can and hope someone steps up, if not then they can look to fill that position next offseason.

NEVER GIVE UP!

June 13th, 2013, 8:05 am

thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

The way they structured the deal, there's little financial risk if he doesn't see the field this year. What's not clear is how much they were counting on him. Did they expect him to be the starter, or is it that they'll take what they can get from him this year? The deal they had him sign suggests they're not expecting too much.

LionsFan4Life wrote:
In regards to Delmas, I think the Lions knew they could only plug so many holes this offseason. So, I believe they re-signed Delmas to get what they can and hope someone steps up, if not then they can look to fill that position next offseason.

I like Delmas (When on Field), but part of the problem is he isnt just a Player. He is a leader of the defense. If he is on the team, they (coaches and/or players) expect him to try and vocally lead, which you cant do if you are on the sideline. It actually prevents someone else from stepping up and assuming that Mantle. Example: Had Delams not been resigned you could argue our secondary might be weaker, but then Quinn would be the undisputed leader of the DBS on the field. With Delams going in and out of games (Like last year) you end up with inconsistent voices leading the DBs, and confusion. That aspect alone could possibly hurt more than the few games he is healthy help. Not saying it will, but that is my #1 concern.. not the financials.

If LF4L is right and this is Delmas's last season as a Lion, all we did i delay someonefrom assuming that leadership role.

June 13th, 2013, 12:47 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
1st Round Pick

DJ-B wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

LionsFan4Life wrote:

I like Delmas (When on Field), but part of the problem is he isnt just a Player. He is a leader of the defense. If he is on the team, they (coaches and/or players) expect him to try and vocally lead, which you cant do if you are on the sideline. It actually prevents someone else from stepping up and assuming that Mantle. Example: Had Delams not been resigned you could argue our secondary might be weaker, but then Quinn would be the undisputed leader of the DBS on the field. With Delams going in and out of games (Like last year) you end up with inconsistent voices leading the DBs, and confusion. That aspect alone could possibly hurt more than the few games he is healthy help. Not saying it will, but that is my #1 concern.. not the financials.

If LF4L is right and this is Delmas's last season as a Lion, all we did i delay someonefrom assuming that leadership role.

If Quinn plays well I'm sure he can take the vocal lead with the safeties without any problems. The players know better than anyone how little Delmas is on the field and respect is going to go to the guy that is out there producing. With Delmas not even able to practice there is even a possibility that Quinn could get a team captain spot if he's the vocal type.

June 14th, 2013, 12:31 am

Meanwhile the coaches keep pushing Delms as the "Vocal Leader of our D" as they have been the last 2 years while hes been in and out.

It may be different this season because Quinn is a proven vet and not a spievey, carey, silva, etc.. but if the coaches stand behind Delmas it could be more of a destraction than a gain.

That said I hope you are right, and I hope Delmas gets healthy and the 2 of them play 16 games together, and if so we might have a Solid D (Still expect LBs to be weak and Des are Unknown at best).

June 14th, 2013, 12:23 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44