View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 30th, 2014, 11:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Bring Spielman back!!! 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

#91 I love the way Spielman shows things about a play that no other commentator sees or at least they dont say anything about it.

May 28th, 2005, 7:56 am
Hall of Fame Player

Post Kramer Hired as TV Analyst
Quote:
Lions | Kramer Hired as TV Analyst - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 27 May 2005 13:23:46 -0700

DetroitLions.com reports former NFL QB Erik Kramer has assumed the role as the Detroit Lions' preseason TV color analyst on WKBD (UPN-50). Kramer also works as an NFL analyst for Fox Sports Net. While at Fox Sports Net, Kramer became quickly familiar with another aspect of the game he loves: Fantasy Football. In 2003, he was a panel expert on "The Ultimate Fantasy Football Show."

Story on DetroitLions.com
http://www.detroitlions.com/document_di ... _id=418521

This would be the very spot we are petitioning to get Spielman back into.

May 28th, 2005, 9:48 am
Profile WWW
Junior Varsity

Who makes these decisions! Wouldn't you want a local hero to be the color analyst for a local broadcast? Good game in '91, Kramer, but c'mon! He can "bearly" be considered a Lion fan.

May 28th, 2005, 2:11 pm
League MVP

Spielman definitely knows the game. I am not doubting that at all. He knows it at an extremely high level which is obvious. Regardless he is not a speaker, he is a homer who doesnt control his voice during plays, uses too many nicknames and has little tact when expressing his opinion. If I didnt like him so much as a player I would have a hard time listening to his telecasts. I know he is somewhat intriguing as Lions preseason bc he knows so much about camp and can break down how the player's are doing with relatively low exposure. But if you've ever seen his college telecasts you'd agree that he is subpar, not having the excitement of an oncoming NFL season doesnt help either. Oh what the hell I'll add myself to the list. But I do see why they would give someone else another chance.

May 29th, 2005, 12:43 am
QB Coach

Spielman definitely knows the game. I am not doubting that at all. He knows it at an extremely high level which is obvious. Regardless he is not a speaker, he is a homer who doesnt control his voice during plays, uses too many nicknames and has little tact when expressing his opinion. If I didnt like him so much as a player I would have a hard time listening to his telecasts. I know he is somewhat intriguing as Lions preseason bc he knows so much about camp and can break down how the player's are doing with relatively low exposure. But if you've ever seen his college telecasts you'd agree that he is subpar, not having the excitement of an oncoming NFL season doesnt help either. Oh what the hell I'll add myself to the list. But I do see why they would give someone else another chance.

Agreed. Good analysis.

May 29th, 2005, 1:47 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Benchwarmer

Location: Tampa, Florida...my pool is 90 today and it'll be 90 for Christmas morning!
Count me in #104 we need as many alumni with the loyalty and character of Chris Speilman as we can get around this organization! Do you think the teams like the Cowboys and Steelers, teams with rich championship traditions turn their back on former team icons. The Lions don't exactly have the most successful franchise ever. They would be well served to hang on to and respect one of their greatest players ever.

Ya'know come to think of it Chris should be coaching our LB's. He's a relentless worker a powerfull motivator and the bottom line is he understands players and knows the game. Scrap the tv gig....
GET THIS MAN A WHISTLE AND A CLIPBOARD director.gif !!!!!!!!

June 2nd, 2005, 3:16 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Ya'know come to think of it Chris should be coaching our LB's. He's a relentless worker a powerfull motivator and the bottom line is he understands players and knows the game. Scrap the tv gig....
GET THIS MAN A WHISTLE AND A CLIPBOARD !!!!!!!!

Heck yeah!! :idea: :idea:

I am w/ that! The hell w/ it! Get him another Jersey!

Tim

June 2nd, 2005, 3:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2