View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 26th, 2014, 8:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Garcia Vs. Dilfer 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Garcia Vs. Dilfer
Quote:
Unlike Garcia, Dilfer bonds with Browns

May 27, 2005
Detroit Free Press

Cleveland Browns quarterback Trent Dilfer is taking a beating when he plays video games with his teammates.

But Dilfer's willingness to fraternize and participate in off-field activities is a stark contrast to the distance Jeff Garcia kept between himself and many Browns last season. In his one season with the Browns, Garcia never appeared to have developed the bonds that the free-agent signee Dilfer is forming.

Garcia signed a free-agent contract with the Lions after the Browns finished 4-12 last season.

"I really didn't know Garcia that well," linebacker Andra Davis said. "Trent has gone out and gotten to know each and every player personally. He is a real positive addition."

All this tells me is that Dilfer doesn't have Carmella DeCesare to go home to.

If my choices in life are: 1) Play X-box with teammates; Or, 2) Play hide the weenie with a playmate... I'm going home!!!

May 27th, 2005, 6:03 am
Profile WWW
All State

garcia sounds a bit like harrington in that matter. another aloof qb - great. :roll:

May 27th, 2005, 9:35 am
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I have a buddy who is a Browns fan. We have bet who will have the best QB rating Garcia or Dilfer. The only stipulation was they both had to attempt a 100 passes.

May 27th, 2005, 10:54 am
National Champion

I think I have posted this before

I have a buddy who is a Browns fan. We have bet who will have the best QB rating Garcia or Dilfer. The only stipulation was they both had to attempt a 100 passes.

Geez. I sure hope you took Garcia! Even factoring in our annual injuries, the Lions have a far superior supporting cast.

I don't care how much Madden 2005 Dilfer plays with Lee Suggs. With a porous offensive line, a question mark at running back, and a fleet of #2 receivers (with one rookie), the Browns aren't going to be scoring many points.

May 27th, 2005, 5:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]