View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2014, 9:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 I see the Detroit future, Jason Allen signs 
Walk On

Post I see the Detroit future, Jason Allen signs
Detroit tends to use patchwork in our secondary with veteran corners on the down slide, Jason Allen have fit that Detroit mode. Don't be surprise at this common Mayhew move. Yuck!!

Draft the BLACK MAMBA!! Ducks #6

April 10th, 2013, 10:43 pm
Post Re: I see the Detroit future, Jason Allen signs
Mufasa wrote:
Detroit tends to use patchwork in our secondary with veteran corners on the down slide, Jason Allen have fit that Detroit mode. Don't be surprise at this common Mayhew move. Yuck!!

Welcome to the world of cap hell... He's all we can afford.

That said, I don't mind the signing. He had a good year a two years ago with the Texans. He's patchwork, but he is a bigger, more physical CB of the mold we're looking for. And he wouldn't be a bad candidate to move to FS at some point.

April 10th, 2013, 11:27 pm
League MVP

I'm not sure we will sign anyone. We have Houston and the 3 rookies of last year. Throw in a draft pick and we have 5 db's.

I'm Not saying we are set mind you, just what I think will happen.

April 11th, 2013, 8:13 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Really, that's what the Mayhew hate has descended to? Bitching about signings that haven't happened?

April 11th, 2013, 9:09 am
1st Round Pick

Who is even out there to get?

Jason Allen wouldn't be a bad signing if they want veteran help.

April 11th, 2013, 9:26 am
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Really, that's what the Mayhew hate has descended to? Bitching about signings that haven't happened?

If you're talkin' to me... I said the signing wouldn't be bad...

I congratulate the guy when he makes a good move. It's just rare that he does it.

April 11th, 2013, 1:12 pm

wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

I congratulate the guy when he makes a good move. It's just rare that he does it.

Nope, that was directed at Mufasa. But seriously, Mayhew can't catch a break (after being hailed as a genius the year before). The truth is probably somewhere in between. This year's draft will be crucial, but so will team health. Hard to feel good about a draft or the team as a whole when you had as many injuries as we did last year.

April 11th, 2013, 1:21 pm

It always seems that the Lions have more than their fair share of injuries every year. Someone mentioned about getting new strength and conditioning program put into place to combat this, can't recall if the Lions had done anything to address this but they should if they haven't.

NEVER GIVE UP!

April 11th, 2013, 3:05 pm

I've been calling or a new strength and conditioning coach and program for over a decade. Except for a handful of players and a WR is one of them the Lions look small and weak or soft and flabby. Physically they look like a college team, especially when stacked up against teams like SF, Baltimore, and the Giants.

April 11th, 2013, 4:52 pm
National Champion

sweetd20 wrote:
I've been calling or a new strength and conditioning coach and program for over a decade. Except for a handful of players and a WR is one of them the Lions look small and weak or soft and flabby. Physically they look like a college team, especially when stacked up against teams like SF, Baltimore, and the Giants.

Agreed.

April 11th, 2013, 9:42 pm
QB Coach

LionsFan4Life wrote:
It always seems that the Lions have more than their fair share of injuries every year. Someone mentioned about getting new strength and conditioning program put into place to combat this, can't recall if the Lions had done anything to address this but they should if they haven't.

I think you only notice it more with Detroit than other teams because you follow the Lions more closely. For example, in 2012 Detroit was pretty much average for injuries (according to an analysis done by Pro Football Reference). My guess is that there will probably be years when the Lions have above avg. injuries, and years when they are below avg. That's just my guess though.

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things ... _Do_Anyway

LET'S GO DUKE!

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.

April 12th, 2013, 4:34 am

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
LionsFan4Life wrote:

I think you only notice it more with Detroit than other teams because you follow the Lions more closely. For example, in 2012 Detroit was pretty much average for injuries (according to an analysis done by Pro Football Reference). My guess is that there will probably be years when the Lions have above avg. injuries, and years when they are below avg. That's just my guess though.

I'm sure it happens with other teams (the Texans with QBs a few years ago, for example), but it definitely seems to hit us hard in particular positions. In 2010 we were down to our 7th string CB by the end of the season (let's hear it for Nathan Vasher). Last year it was WR (where we went in seemingly having a lot of depth) and S. It's one thing to have to get good play out of your 2nd and 3rd stringers, quite another to be bringing in starters off the street in week 12.

April 12th, 2013, 7:27 am
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

Nope, that was directed at Mufasa. But seriously, Mayhew can't catch a break (after being hailed as a genius the year before). The truth is probably somewhere in between. This year's draft will be crucial, but so will team health. Hard to feel good about a draft or the team as a whole when you had as many injuries as we did last year.

You certainly didn't hear me calling him a genius the year before...

I predicted the crap season after the crap offseason...

April 12th, 2013, 10:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]