View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 23rd, 2014, 3:38 pm



Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Tim Tebow, Lions H-back 
Author Message
1st Round Pick

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1238
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Tim Tebow, Lions H-back
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Pablo wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:
Tebow had his moment to shine in Denver, and since that time the media has gone around doing it's best to destroy the man, while the tout the sexual habits of Collins. Tim's religious beliefs are his own, and he does what he does between Him and God but not for worship by the media or the public.

Having said that, I believe there would STILL be a media circus following him, and trying to discover something that will discredit him. He had his moment, it's done, and it is time to move on. But because he is very strong and unwavering in his faith, this makes him a target.

Look how quickly the rise and fall of the Knicks player happened when it was discovered he is a Christian. Although he didn't "Tebow" on the court, you knew what he stood for. But, because there wasn't any extra excitement, the media moved on.

Now we're celebrating an unnatural, alternative lifestyle and the influence this is having on many young minds in our nation is sad. But as for Tebow, it would probably be in his best interest to retire and use his status to work the mission field and draw attention to causes that help people in need, and not the football field.


The media isn't trying to destroy Tebow, this is about football and ability. Tebow was still a first round draft pick, he was still given a great opportunity - bottom line is, however, they guy still doesn't throw a football like a quality NFL QB. You can't blame that on the media.

His faith doesn't make him a target, it is his football history and unique abilities which football minds can't quite figure out how to utilize. There have been many situations in sports in which a player, for many different reasons, are followed closely by the media. Their faith isn't an issue. Kurt Warner, Reggie White, and many others were well known for their faith - I didn't see the media trying to "destroy" them.

Once again, however, if you are looking for something - you will see it whether it exist or not. This is about football ability, not faith - if the Lions feel like he can really help the team then I'm sure they will kick the tires - faith would have nothing to do with it.

Now, can we get back to taking about his ability and leave the man to his faith and stop making it an issue when it has nothing to do with things.


I don't think his "faith" makes him a target, but his openness about his faith, does.

WFC, you can't say that Tebow's faith is only between him and God when he's going around making public displays of it every chance he gets. The whole "Tebowing" thing got started from him praying after every touchdown, in an open manner, in front of hundreds of thousands of people. Like it or not, people are intolerant of other people's religious beliefs, and they don't want depictions of other people's religions shoved down their throats.

That said, Kitna was almost as open and public about his religious practices as Tebow is, and he did well here.

aMNS - 1) I don't think Stafford is injury prone per se, I just think he had a rough couple of years. IMO it would take two more seasons of being injured to say he's prone. He's not like Delmas or Best who's never been able to stay healthy, and 2) I don't care that Tebow is a crappy Qb. He can win football games, and that's all you ask from your backup Qb. He would be asked to be a spot duty player, and his record in spot duty situations is very good.


Kitna never had the popularity at any point in his career that Tebow had coming out of college. People outside of football didn't know who Kitna was.

Tebow won those football games with an ok defense and a strong running game, both are thing the Lions don't have. Denver basically ran a read option for the first 3 quarters and then in the 4th Tebow would let it rip and for what ever reason the opposing defenses would leave receivers wide open. Tebow would probably work in MIN or another similar team but Linehan couldn't adjust this offense enough for him to work. The Lions don't have the personnel on offense for Tebow.


With Warford, Nagy, and the more aggressive Reiff at OT, I don't see why you don't think we could have a decent ground game, especially with a running Qb. If our D isn't at least "decent," it won't matter who we put back there. Like I said, it's a back up Qb, it's not like you're going to have a world beater back there, may as well save some money and sign a guy that can play 3 positions, IMO.


I don't know if Nagy is playing and they still have a big question at RT.

Tebow can't play 3 positions, he can't even play the one he's in. He is built and athletic enough to play multiple positions, but he can't play them right now and he's not even willing to do it. The worse part is if he's playing all these positions he's going to be splitting time learning them. It'll make him an even worse QB, he may hit Weeden levels of bad at that point.

The best thing for Tebow is to go all in at a new position, but his damn media train is going to be a huge distraction to whoever is willing to waste a roster spot while he learns.


May 1st, 2013, 11:23 am
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3028
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: Tim Tebow, Lions H-back
So what's the difference between Tebowing and crossing oneself and pointing to the sky and saying thank you?

Tebow's faith, and tebowing became a phenomena because of his faith and what it represents. I agree with Pablo in that his football ability has suffered, but I'm curious as to why Spurrier/ or the OSU coach could figure out how to make it work, but professional coaches can't.

I also agree that he should man up and take a position he's better suited for, TE. Using that size and strength, plus run ability would take him further than his arm can throw.

Having said all that, Tebows faith is no more offensive than Collins telling the world his sexual preference. I'm a lesbian in a man's body, SO WHAT. Keep your preference to yourself! Sadly, it appears that the new rage today is to come out of the closet and try to persuade people it's a normal lifestyle. But since the standards of humanity have been changed so negatively, we'll reap our due reward we're just gonna have to wait for it...

But I stick by my statement that he should retire and use his notoriety to promote causes that help those in need, in this country and around the world. It seems like a better option to me, but it's his life and I'm sure he's seeking direction from a kneeling position.

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


May 1st, 2013, 2:05 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: October 13th, 2005, 9:03 am
Posts: 2268
Post Re: Tim Tebow, Lions H-back
Tebow's downfall was doing his pro life Super Bowl commercial. When you put yourself out there like that when you know millions are going to be watching you are basically using your fame to try and influence people. As far as Collins if for no other reason I think he did it so he can go live his life and not have to tiptoe and hide his everyday life. I don't know if he has a significant other or not but if he does it will probably be nice to be able to actually go out and do things together.

I know this belongs in a different thread but good for Collins and anybody that frees themselves to live their lives. My best friend in high school is homosexual and most of us knew it but didn't say anything instead waitin for him to feel comfortable. He finally came out about 10 years ago but wouldn't tell me because he was afraid it would kill our friendship. To this day I trust him over just about anybody to watch my two sons.

As far as the almighty is concerned I could swear they say he is all loving and all forgiving? Trust me when I say that every person I know that lives a life that is frowned on by some did not choose to do so because they wanted to. If they had their way they would live a life where a man loves a woman and vice versa. I'm sorry for the tirade but I hate the holier than thou that comes out when something like this happens. Everybody needs to remember to make sure the skeletons are cleaned out of their closets before they start judging others.


May 1st, 2013, 4:38 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2715
Post Re: Tim Tebow, Lions H-back
His faith has nothing to do with his current situation. He's not on a team because he doesn't have the talent for the position he wants to play, period. Blame the media for propping him up as something he has never been. The same problems have been pointed out since he was still in college. Some chose media attention for marketing reasons instead of football reasons and it bit them in the buttocks. Blaming his cutting on his religious beliefs is just ignoring the obvious facts that he is not an NFL caliber player.


May 1st, 2013, 4:53 pm
Profile
Online
League MVP
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3635
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Tim Tebow, Lions H-back
WarEr4Christ wrote:
So what's the difference between Tebowing and crossing oneself and pointing to the sky and saying thank you?

Tebow's faith, and tebowing became a phenomena because of his faith and what it represents. I agree with Pablo in that his football ability has suffered, but I'm curious as to why Spurrier/ or the OSU coach could figure out how to make it work, but professional coaches can't.

I also agree that he should man up and take a position he's better suited for, TE. Using that size and strength, plus run ability would take him further than his arm can throw.

Having said all that, Tebows faith is no more offensive than Collins telling the world his sexual preference. I'm a lesbian in a man's body, SO WHAT. Keep your preference to yourself! Sadly, it appears that the new rage today is to come out of the closet and try to persuade people it's a normal lifestyle. But since the standards of humanity have been changed so negatively, we'll reap our due reward we're just gonna have to wait for it...

But I stick by my statement that he should retire and use his notoriety to promote causes that help those in need, in this country and around the world. It seems like a better option to me, but it's his life and I'm sure he's seeking direction from a kneeling position.


sorry bro, but your trying to stand on both sides of a fence, and thats not being fair.

see the bolded part. why should he have to keep it to himself? if it's OK for Tebow to express his non-sport beileifs, why should Colins have to "keep it to himself"?

Equal rights brother. whats good for one, needs to be good for all, or it's all worthless.


May 1st, 2013, 4:54 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: October 13th, 2005, 9:03 am
Posts: 2268
Post Re: Tim Tebow, Lions H-back
To get back on track Tebow lovers need to realize other people don't hate him. In fact most including myself would love my boys to grow up and be stand up human beings like myself, him, and anybody regardless of religious beliefs. The thing people don't like about him is his ability to be a consistently effective QB in the NFL. Just because he is such a great person doesn't change the fact he can't at least right now an probably ever throw the ball well enough to be worthy as a starting QB. He's not the first and won't be the last amazing college player that doesn't translate to the NFl, White, Ware, Young and the list goes on and on.


May 1st, 2013, 5:05 pm
Profile
Post Re: Tim Tebow, Lions H-back
sweetd20 wrote:
Tebow's downfall was doing his pro life Super Bowl commercial. When you put yourself out there like that when you know millions are going to be watching you are basically using your fame to try and influence people. As far as Collins if for no other reason I think he did it so he can go live his life and not have to tiptoe and hide his everyday life. I don't know if he has a significant other or not but if he does it will probably be nice to be able to actually go out and do things together.

I know this belongs in a different thread but good for Collins and anybody that frees themselves to live their lives. My best friend in high school is homosexual and most of us knew it but didn't say anything instead waitin for him to feel comfortable. He finally came out about 10 years ago but wouldn't tell me because he was afraid it would kill our friendship. To this day I trust him over just about anybody to watch my two sons.

As far as the almighty is concerned I could swear they say he is all loving and all forgiving? Trust me when I say that every person I know that lives a life that is frowned on by some did not choose to do so because they wanted to. If they had their way they would live a life where a man loves a woman and vice versa. I'm sorry for the tirade but I hate the holier than thou that comes out when something like this happens. Everybody needs to remember to make sure the skeletons are cleaned out of their closets before they start judging others.


I disagree... IMO it was the "Tebowing," and all the preaching he did thereafter.

A simple, quick sign of the cross, IMO, people frown upon, but this 5-10 second kneel and pause people look at like "ok douchebag, get up and stop making a spectacle of yourself. Religious implications aside, I personally find it annoying (not because it's religious, it just seems self-righteous to me).

W4C... I don't think you ask someone that's 22-24 to "retire" from a game that they've dedicated their life to, to go pursue a goal or passion that they can take on later in life. He has a once in a lifetime opportunity, and as much as "money doesn't make the world go 'round," he can make more doing what he's doing, and use that money to later fund "the good fight," if he so chooses. I personally don't think he should quit now.

I also contend that H-back and TE are pretty simple positions to learn, assuming the kid can block. He'll already have to know the assignments as the Qb, he's capable of learning complicated offenses, we already know that. I really don't see the issue.


May 1st, 2013, 5:09 pm
1st Round Pick

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1238
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Tim Tebow, Lions H-back
njroar wrote:
His faith has nothing to do with his current situation. He's not on a team because he doesn't have the talent for the position he wants to play, period. Blame the media for propping him up as something he has never been. The same problems have been pointed out since he was still in college. Some chose media attention for marketing reasons instead of football reasons and it bit them in the buttocks. Blaming his cutting on his religious beliefs is just ignoring the obvious facts that he is not an NFL caliber player.


I don't think anyone said he was cut because of his faith or that his faith is preventing him from getting a job. The problem is his media train is much larger than his talent deserves and that's a problem. He would be someones project QB if it weren't for the fact he gets more press than your top player at any position. I think Tebow's faith is good for him and if it makes him a good person great, but he should know that teams don't like media they haven't set up. If your going to be out-spoken about politics or religion then your going to be generating more media buzz than teams like. He caused this problem for himself and he's going to have to live with it unfortunately. He allowed his agents and the people around him to use religious views to propel his celebrity and in turn used that celebrity to get his religious message out to more people. All that is great for his causes, but not for finding a place to focus on becoming a better football player.


May 1st, 2013, 5:18 pm
Profile
1st Round Pick

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1238
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Tim Tebow, Lions H-back
wjb21ndtown wrote:
sweetd20 wrote:
Tebow's downfall was doing his pro life Super Bowl commercial. When you put yourself out there like that when you know millions are going to be watching you are basically using your fame to try and influence people. As far as Collins if for no other reason I think he did it so he can go live his life and not have to tiptoe and hide his everyday life. I don't know if he has a significant other or not but if he does it will probably be nice to be able to actually go out and do things together.

I know this belongs in a different thread but good for Collins and anybody that frees themselves to live their lives. My best friend in high school is homosexual and most of us knew it but didn't say anything instead waitin for him to feel comfortable. He finally came out about 10 years ago but wouldn't tell me because he was afraid it would kill our friendship. To this day I trust him over just about anybody to watch my two sons.

As far as the almighty is concerned I could swear they say he is all loving and all forgiving? Trust me when I say that every person I know that lives a life that is frowned on by some did not choose to do so because they wanted to. If they had their way they would live a life where a man loves a woman and vice versa. I'm sorry for the tirade but I hate the holier than thou that comes out when something like this happens. Everybody needs to remember to make sure the skeletons are cleaned out of their closets before they start judging others.


I disagree... IMO it was the "Tebowing," and all the preaching he did thereafter.

A simple, quick sign of the cross, IMO, people frown upon, but this 5-10 second kneel and pause people look at like "ok douchebag, get up and stop making a spectacle of yourself. Religious implications aside, I personally find it annoying (not because it's religious, it just seems self-righteous to me).

W4C... I don't think you ask someone that's 22-24 to "retire" from a game that they've dedicated their life to, to go pursue a goal or passion that they can take on later in life. He has a once in a lifetime opportunity, and as much as "money doesn't make the world go 'round," he can make more doing what he's doing, and use that money to later fund "the good fight," if he so chooses. I personally don't think he should quit now.

I also contend that H-back and TE are pretty simple positions to learn, assuming the kid can block. He'll already have to know the assignments as the Qb, he's capable of learning complicated offenses, we already know that. I really don't see the issue.


I agree with what you said WJB, except for the last part about TE. TE is one of the more difficult positions to play IMO. At TE he will have to learn blocking schemes, route running, how to high point catch in traffic, and perhaps even some better vision as a runner if he going to be an H-back. He's just so damn far behind in learning other positions.


May 1st, 2013, 5:26 pm
Profile
Post Re: Tim Tebow, Lions H-back
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
sweetd20 wrote:
Tebow's downfall was doing his pro life Super Bowl commercial. When you put yourself out there like that when you know millions are going to be watching you are basically using your fame to try and influence people. As far as Collins if for no other reason I think he did it so he can go live his life and not have to tiptoe and hide his everyday life. I don't know if he has a significant other or not but if he does it will probably be nice to be able to actually go out and do things together.

I know this belongs in a different thread but good for Collins and anybody that frees themselves to live their lives. My best friend in high school is homosexual and most of us knew it but didn't say anything instead waitin for him to feel comfortable. He finally came out about 10 years ago but wouldn't tell me because he was afraid it would kill our friendship. To this day I trust him over just about anybody to watch my two sons.

As far as the almighty is concerned I could swear they say he is all loving and all forgiving? Trust me when I say that every person I know that lives a life that is frowned on by some did not choose to do so because they wanted to. If they had their way they would live a life where a man loves a woman and vice versa. I'm sorry for the tirade but I hate the holier than thou that comes out when something like this happens. Everybody needs to remember to make sure the skeletons are cleaned out of their closets before they start judging others.


I disagree... IMO it was the "Tebowing," and all the preaching he did thereafter.

A simple, quick sign of the cross, IMO, people frown upon, but this 5-10 second kneel and pause people look at like "ok douchebag, get up and stop making a spectacle of yourself. Religious implications aside, I personally find it annoying (not because it's religious, it just seems self-righteous to me).

W4C... I don't think you ask someone that's 22-24 to "retire" from a game that they've dedicated their life to, to go pursue a goal or passion that they can take on later in life. He has a once in a lifetime opportunity, and as much as "money doesn't make the world go 'round," he can make more doing what he's doing, and use that money to later fund "the good fight," if he so chooses. I personally don't think he should quit now.

I also contend that H-back and TE are pretty simple positions to learn, assuming the kid can block. He'll already have to know the assignments as the Qb, he's capable of learning complicated offenses, we already know that. I really don't see the issue.


I agree with what you said WJB, except for the last part about TE. TE is one of the more difficult positions to play IMO. At TE he will have to learn blocking schemes, route running, how to high point catch in traffic, and perhaps even some better vision as a runner if he going to be an H-back. He's just so damn far behind in learning other positions.


Having played in the wildcat he has done some rout running, and running as much as he has I can't see his "vision" being all that bad. On top of that, IMO some of "his" tutoring is offset by forcing the other team to game plan for him. I don't want any part of a disruption in flow, him taking snaps at Qb, or anything like that. Some H back throws or TE screen and throws (sort of an offshoot of a flea-flicker) would be nice wrinkles, but my point is, if he ever has to play Qb for us, Should stafford go down, Tebow invariably benefits greatly of being a "different" type of Qb that teams have to take weeks to "prepare for." IMO that's how he won most of his NFL wins. That said, IMO it's a perfect situation for a pure backup... Like I said, if you need him for more than a week or two or quarter or two, you're screwed.

Also... It would be nice to have a tackling dummy to put out there if our OTs don't end up panning out. I don't expect them to be revolving doors, but I do think the quality pass rushers will have field days against them. Sort of like GB did with Rogers v Suh part 1, I think it would be wise to not get our guy killed and get him off of the damn field (maybe even plan for it).


May 1st, 2013, 5:40 pm
1st Round Pick

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1238
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Tim Tebow, Lions H-back
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
sweetd20 wrote:
Tebow's downfall was doing his pro life Super Bowl commercial. When you put yourself out there like that when you know millions are going to be watching you are basically using your fame to try and influence people. As far as Collins if for no other reason I think he did it so he can go live his life and not have to tiptoe and hide his everyday life. I don't know if he has a significant other or not but if he does it will probably be nice to be able to actually go out and do things together.

I know this belongs in a different thread but good for Collins and anybody that frees themselves to live their lives. My best friend in high school is homosexual and most of us knew it but didn't say anything instead waitin for him to feel comfortable. He finally came out about 10 years ago but wouldn't tell me because he was afraid it would kill our friendship. To this day I trust him over just about anybody to watch my two sons.

As far as the almighty is concerned I could swear they say he is all loving and all forgiving? Trust me when I say that every person I know that lives a life that is frowned on by some did not choose to do so because they wanted to. If they had their way they would live a life where a man loves a woman and vice versa. I'm sorry for the tirade but I hate the holier than thou that comes out when something like this happens. Everybody needs to remember to make sure the skeletons are cleaned out of their closets before they start judging others.


I disagree... IMO it was the "Tebowing," and all the preaching he did thereafter.

A simple, quick sign of the cross, IMO, people frown upon, but this 5-10 second kneel and pause people look at like "ok douchebag, get up and stop making a spectacle of yourself. Religious implications aside, I personally find it annoying (not because it's religious, it just seems self-righteous to me).

W4C... I don't think you ask someone that's 22-24 to "retire" from a game that they've dedicated their life to, to go pursue a goal or passion that they can take on later in life. He has a once in a lifetime opportunity, and as much as "money doesn't make the world go 'round," he can make more doing what he's doing, and use that money to later fund "the good fight," if he so chooses. I personally don't think he should quit now.

I also contend that H-back and TE are pretty simple positions to learn, assuming the kid can block. He'll already have to know the assignments as the Qb, he's capable of learning complicated offenses, we already know that. I really don't see the issue.


I agree with what you said WJB, except for the last part about TE. TE is one of the more difficult positions to play IMO. At TE he will have to learn blocking schemes, route running, how to high point catch in traffic, and perhaps even some better vision as a runner if he going to be an H-back. He's just so damn far behind in learning other positions.


Having played in the wildcat he has done some rout running, and running as much as he has I can't see his "vision" being all that bad. On top of that, IMO some of "his" tutoring is offset by forcing the other team to game plan for him. I don't want any part of a disruption in flow, him taking snaps at Qb, or anything like that. Some H back throws or TE screen and throws (sort of an offshoot of a flea-flicker) would be nice wrinkles, but my point is, if he ever has to play Qb for us, Should stafford go down, Tebow invariably benefits greatly of being a "different" type of Qb that teams have to take weeks to "prepare for." IMO that's how he won most of his NFL wins. That said, IMO it's a perfect situation for a pure backup... Like I said, if you need him for more than a week or two or quarter or two, you're screwed.

Also... It would be nice to have a tackling dummy to put out there if our OTs don't end up panning out. I don't expect them to be revolving doors, but I do think the quality pass rushers will have field days against them. Sort of like GB did with Rogers v Suh part 1, I think it would be wise to not get our guy killed and get him off of the damn field (maybe even plan for it).


Some good points, but with all the Spread option guys starting now I think teams would be prepared for Tebow. It's kinda funny how Vince Young and Tebow are like the two sides of the same coin.


May 1st, 2013, 7:16 pm
Profile
Position Coach

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2127
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Tim Tebow, Lions H-back
im sure you guys have already dissected his game and I wouldn't want him as my QB but it's hard to deny that a lot of these "experts" take great joy in watching him fail. I do think that it is partially due to his overt faith and worship but that's just my own opinion. I would take him on as an H-back just to light a fire under this team's @$$. But I absolutely this his religion has something to do with the hat he gets

I know that i'll prolly get attacked "its' not cuz his religion, he just sucks". Mark Sanchez can't play either and ive heard it said that tebow is so bad, he couldn't outplay the underperforming sanchez but I don't buy that simply because that would be giving the benefit of the doubt to those clowns running the Jets. As bad as he is at QB, he is better than the Jets

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


May 1st, 2013, 8:07 pm
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3028
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: Tim Tebow, Lions H-back
Actually RegJoe you caught me, it was a poor attempt at humor.(reference the bolded part) But as far as preferences, why does it matter? Why is it given such fan fare? If he chooses to live his life like that why should it be broadcast? From MY perspective, it appears that the GLTG organizations and participants are doing all they can to portray this as a normal lifestyle, and it is not! If he chooses to live that way, then that is a decision he is free to make.

Getting back to Tebow: Has he been ruined by coaches? Denver's coach was openly against him, until they started win. Then he began calling plays and setting Tim up for success instead of failure. The idiot in NY wanted the side show and never really gave either of his QB's a chance. I'd like to see a QB guru coach like Harbaugh work with him in the off season to see what he can develop. Not on the 49'ers, but see if he can rescue the kid from poor training. How many times did they try to fix his release instead of working with his natural release? Things like that.

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


May 1st, 2013, 8:12 pm
Profile
Post Re: Tim Tebow, Lions H-back
WarEr4Christ wrote:
Actually RegJoe you caught me, it was a poor attempt at humor.(reference the bolded part) But as far as preferences, why does it matter? Why is it given such fan fare? If he chooses to live his life like that why should it be broadcast? From MY perspective, it appears that the GLTG organizations and participants are doing all they can to portray this as a normal lifestyle, and it is not! If he chooses to live that way, then that is a decision he is free to make.

Getting back to Tebow: Has he been ruined by coaches? Denver's coach was openly against him, until they started win. Then he began calling plays and setting Tim up for success instead of failure. The idiot in NY wanted the side show and never really gave either of his QB's a chance. I'd like to see a QB guru coach like Harbaugh work with him in the off season to see what he can develop. Not on the 49'ers, but see if he can rescue the kid from poor training. How many times did they try to fix his release instead of working with his natural release? Things like that.


I caught the joke...

W4C - it's called "pink monkey syndrome." Look it up... People don't want to be confronted with things that they know nothing of, and they don't want their own beliefs threatened. That's why religion is so powerful.

It's no different than people hating mo-hawks of the punk years, ripped jeans, leather jackets, etc. When someone's life is fundamentally different than theirs, they're skeptical, end of story. Most people "fit in" by toning down their expression of their beliefs, and not making such vivid outward displays. Tebow isn't like that, so he's going to be criticized... And society tells us that it's rightfully so (perhaps not philosophically, but definitely according to societal "norms").


May 2nd, 2013, 12:56 am
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3028
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: Tim Tebow, Lions H-back
Thanks that actually makes a lot of sense! For a LONG time in areas outside of this LB site, I've been one of those who walks against the current. In some instances here my complete refusal to read or "investigate" information has resulted in ridicule and attacks on my character. It doesn't matter who, or what was said, and although it hurt at the time, I've completly forgiven those who made the remarks. The world definitely wants everyone to be "equal" and anyone or group of people who set themselves apart are discredited, attacked, and every attempt is made to get them back in line. IF this fails, then they must be destroyed (that hasn't physically happened yet in this country, but it's coming)

But in order not to JACK the thread, what are your opinions on my latter questions about Tebow?

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


May 2nd, 2013, 8:31 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DayDreamer, Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.