View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 2:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Detroit Lions claim LB Cory Greenwood and G Derek Hardman 
Modmin Dude

Post Detroit Lions claim LB Cory Greenwood and G Derek Hardman
MLive wrote:
Deroit Lions claim linebacker Cory Greenwood and guard Derek Hardman
By Justin Rogers | jrogers@mlive.com
on May 03, 2013 at 5:10 PM,
updated May 03, 2013 at 5:19 PM

The Detroit Lions claimed two players off waivers on Friday, securing the services of linebacker Cory Greenwood and guard Derek Hardman, according to the team's official website.

The six-foot-two, 235-pound Greenwood, a native of Kingston, Ontario, was the third overall pick in the 2010 CFL draft. He joined the Chiefs as an undrafted free agent that year and has appeared in all 48 games over the past three seasons.

Primarily used on special teams, Greenwood registered 34 tackles and one forced fumble.

Hardman, also a undrafted free agent in 2010, signed with the Tampa Bay Bucs out of Eastern Kentucky. As a senior in 2009, he earned first-team All-American honors.

A 6-foot-6, 300-pounder, Hardman appeared in 15 games for Tampa Bay, including four starts his rookie year.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... acker.html
Anyone know anything about these guys? Camp fodder?

Joe Fauria, MVP!

May 7th, 2013, 9:28 am
1st Round Pick

Post Re: Detroit Lions claim LB Cory Greenwood and G Derek Hardma
I can't imagine that Hardman is anything else but camp fodder with how many OGs the Lions already have. Greenwood probably has a shot considering they have a bunch of unknowns at LB as it is, IMO any LB they sign has a chance at making the roster.

May 7th, 2013, 10:03 am
Modmin Dude

rao wrote:
I can't imagine that Hardman is anything else but camp fodder with how many OGs the Lions already have. Greenwood probably has a shot considering they have a bunch of unknowns at LB as it is, IMO any LB they sign has a chance at making the roster.
Good point on the LBs, they need as many as they can get LOL. Wonder if either of these fellas could be switched to a different position... (Yes, just grabbing at straws & trying to make a discussion here :P )

Joe Fauria, MVP!

May 7th, 2013, 10:28 am
1st Round Pick

TheRealWags wrote:
rao wrote:
Good point on the LBs, they need as many as they can get LOL. Wonder if either of these fellas could be switched to a different position... (Yes, just grabbing at straws & trying to make a discussion here :P )

I didn't like the idea originally, but now if I had to pick someone to switch positions it would be Ronnell Lewis. I think he is a liability in coverage, a really big liability but I still wouldn't mind him going to SOLB as a 2 down guy.

May 7th, 2013, 11:28 am
Veteran General Manager

rao wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
rao wrote:

I didn't like the idea originally, but now if I had to pick someone to switch positions it would be Ronnell Lewis. I think he is a liability in coverage, a really big liability but I still wouldn't mind him going to SOLB as a 2 down guy.

Ronnell is not even a LBer anymore. Thye Lions drafted him as a DE and that is where he has been since the first day he put on a Lions Uniform.

May 8th, 2013, 1:45 pm
RIP Killer

I remember reading about Greenwood prior to the 2010 draft, and his workout numbers were off the charts. Incredibly athletic player. Question is, does he have the football IQ. Seeing as he played in all games for the Chiefs since then, I'd say he has a better than average chance of making the team.

May 8th, 2013, 2:16 pm
1st Round Pick

BillySims wrote:
rao wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
rao wrote:

Ronnell is not even a LBer anymore. Thye Lions drafted him as a DE and that is where he has been since the first day he put on a Lions Uniform.

Hence the idea of him changing positions. He didn't play LB his last year of college either, but he has the speed to play it and can play standing up. His problem has always been his ability to read and react to plays, he is great at running to the ball when he has a clear picture. Maybe if he is standing up for run downs he can get that clearer picture. The guy couldn't even make special teams, so I'd say they should just experiment with him.

May 8th, 2013, 2:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]