View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 23rd, 2014, 1:00 pm



Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Projected contract & cap numbers for Lions' 2013 draft class 
Author Message
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 11845
Post Projected contract & cap numbers for Lions' 2013 draft class
MLive wrote:
Projecting the contracts and 2013 cap numbers for the Detroit Lions' 2013 draft class
Print By Justin Rogers | jrogers@mlive.com
on May 03, 2013 at 12:15 PM, updated May 03, 2013 at 12:17 PM

After reading Joel Correy's excellent piece on rookie contracts for the 2013 draft class, we thought we'd project how much cap space the Detroit Lions will need next season to sign their nine draft picks.

It's important to note, the 2013 cap numbers for each rookie will primarily consist of a minimum base salary, which increases from $390,000 to $405,000 this season, and a prorated portion of the player's signing bonus.

As Corey explains, signing bonuses are expected to stay level this season because the growth of minimum salaries has outpaced the growth in the overall salary cap.

Ultimately, a portion of our signing bonus projections may be broken out into future roster bonuses, but those figures would be a negligible to the overall calculations.

Below are our projected contracts, with some minor rounding to simplify the figures:

Quote:
Ezekiel Ansah -- 4 years, $18.9 million contract with an $11.9 million signing bonus
2013 cap number: $3.38 million

Darius. Slay -- 4 years, $6.39 million contract with a $2.57 signing bonus
2013 cap number: $1.05 million

Larry Warford -- 4 years, $3.13 million contract with a $700,000 signing bonus
2013 cap number: $580,000

Devin Taylor -- 4 years, $2.48 million contract with a $301,000 signing bonus
2013 cap number: $480,000

Sam Martin -- 4 years, $2.35 million contract with a $165,000 signing bonus
2013 cap number: $446,000

Corey Fuller -- 4 years, $2.31 million contract with a $129,000 signing bonus
2013 cap number: $437,000

Theo Riddick -- 4 years, $2.27 million contract with a $93,000 signing bonus
2013 cap number: $428,000

Michael Williams -- 4 years, $2.25 million contract with a $67,000 signing bonus
2013 cap number: $422,000

Brandon Hepburn -- $2.23 million contract with a $46,000 signing bonus
2013 cap number: $417,000

Total 2013 cap number -- $7.64 million.


The Lions currently have $6.75 million in cap space. Because only the first 51 contracts count against the cap during the offseason, the team will have plenty of room to get rookies signed.

Detroit will need to clear additional money off the books by the start of the regular season, when all contracts, including injured players and practice squad players, count against the cap.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... and_2.html

_________________
Go Lions!!! headbang.gif

Joe Fauria, MVP!


May 7th, 2013, 9:42 am
Profile
Post Re: Projected contract & cap numbers for Lions' 2013 draft c
Good thing Slay is going to sock us for $2.5M before his injured a.s.s. ever takes a snap.


May 7th, 2013, 4:43 pm
League MVP
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3634
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Projected contract & cap numbers for Lions' 2013 draft c
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Good thing Slay is going to sock us for $2.5M before his injured a.s.s. ever takes a snap.


wow...will your hate never end?

He's going to have a simple proccedure and will be ready for camp.

Dear Molehill,

Stop trying to be me!

Signed, Mountain


May 7th, 2013, 5:04 pm
Profile
Post Re: Projected contract & cap numbers for Lions' 2013 draft c
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Good thing Slay is going to sock us for $2.5M before his injured a.s.s. ever takes a snap.


wow...will your hate never end?

He's going to have a simple proccedure and will be ready for camp.

Dear Molehill,

Stop trying to be me!

Signed, Mountain


I think I heard "Javid Best wasn't perpetually injured in college" prior to us drafting him as well...

We'll see...

Here's my take... There's one guy in his early 20s that needs his leg scoped, there's two adequate CBs sitting there that don't, which one do we take? The one that does...

We'll see how it all plays out, but everyone knows I liked Jammar Taylor and Banks more. IMO Banks more fit what we're allegedly trying to do, Taylor seems almost like a carbon copy of Slay, without the knee issue.


May 7th, 2013, 5:07 pm
League MVP
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3634
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Projected contract & cap numbers for Lions' 2013 draft c
come on man at least be fair...if this was just 5-10 years ago Best would still be playing. and anyone who said he didnt have a conussion history didnt know what they were talking about. he had like 3 or so didnt he?

this is a NOTHING of a proceedure and it would be extremely suprising if it resulted in anything long term. There arnt too many player on the field that havn't had something similar done.


May 7th, 2013, 5:14 pm
Profile
Post Re: Projected contract & cap numbers for Lions' 2013 draft c
regularjoe12 wrote:
come on man at least be fair...if this was just 5-10 years ago Best would still be playing. and anyone who said he didnt have a conussion history didnt know what they were talking about. he had like 3 or so didnt he?

this is a NOTHING of a proceedure and it would be extremely suprising if it resulted in anything long term. There arnt too many player on the field that havn't had something similar done.


I don't buy that Best would still be playing 5-10 years ago. The doods noodle is toast.


May 7th, 2013, 5:24 pm
League MVP
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3634
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Projected contract & cap numbers for Lions' 2013 draft c
wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
come on man at least be fair...if this was just 5-10 years ago Best would still be playing. and anyone who said he didnt have a conussion history didnt know what they were talking about. he had like 3 or so didnt he?

this is a NOTHING of a proceedure and it would be extremely suprising if it resulted in anything long term. There arnt too many player on the field that havn't had something similar done.


I don't buy that Best would still be playing 5-10 years ago. The doods noodle is toast.


the NFL wouldnt have banned him 5-10 years ago like they have done . He prolly wouldnt make it a whole season...even once. but he'd be playing still. no doubts about it.


May 7th, 2013, 5:25 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.