View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 6:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Bill Nagy released 
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: Bill Nagy released
You do realize that the average weight for the 32 centers in the league was 305, right? That means there were plenty less than. And Dom is sitting at 315 now...

July 29th, 2013, 2:11 am
njroar wrote:
You do realize that the average weight for the 32 centers in the league was 305, right? That means there were plenty less than. And Dom is sitting at 315 now...

Dom was 285 for most of his career, and he was 295 last season. If he gained 20lbs in the offseason, at 32, I hightly doubt it's "good" weight. I looked up the listed weight of every OC last year, there was only one OC lighter than him, one the same weight, and one heavier but still under 300lbs. Every other OC in the league was over 300, and every team that had an OC under 300lbs had a crappy running game.

July 29th, 2013, 2:49 am
RIP Killer

If you think the selection of Ryan Broyles over Peter Konz was bad, look at the year before. The Lions took the now defunct Titus Young over Stefan Wisniewski. If ever there were a time the Lions could have made a play for an upgrade at center, that was it. I don't think too many could argue that Wiz wouldn't be an upgrade over Dom. And certainly the pick of Young can now be seen as a monumental screw up, even if at the time there were those of us (me included) who thought Young may have cleaned up his act.

Still, if any of you can recall, I wanted Wisniewski's name called more than anything at that point. If not him, then I wanted LeShoure there.

July 29th, 2013, 2:23 pm
m2karateman wrote:
If you think the selection of Ryan Broyles over Peter Konz was bad, look at the year before. The Lions took the now defunct Titus Young over Stefan Wisniewski. If ever there were a time the Lions could have made a play for an upgrade at center, that was it. I don't think too many could argue that Wiz wouldn't be an upgrade over Dom. And certainly the pick of Young can now be seen as a monumental screw up, even if at the time there were those of us (me included) who thought Young may have cleaned up his act.

Still, if any of you can recall, I wanted Wisniewski's name called more than anything at that point. If not him, then I wanted LeShoure there.

M2 you know my sticking point is Alex Mack, but whether Mack, or Wisinewski, or Kontz, we have had opportunity after opportunity to upgrade and strengthen our interior OL AND save money in the process, and we've failed miserably time and time again.

Bringing in camp fodder is NOT doing due diligence when your starters at 1 OG spot and at OC have sucked for so long.

July 29th, 2013, 3:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2