View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 4:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 EA SPORT 2006 TEAM Ratings 
Pro Bowl Player

Post EA SPORT 2006 TEAM Ratings
http://www.maddenauthority.com/e3report.php (thought I should include the link!)

Raws views on the Madden 2006 E3 Preview

Madden 2006 is only a few months away, and this past week we finally got a sneak preview of the game. Madden Authority had three members of our staff at E3 in Los Angeles, and got in over 150 games between us (These were 1 min quarter, Pro level). After extensive playing, and reviewing of our notes, we are ready to bring you the most comprehensive review of Madden 2006 to date.

I'd like to first start off by saying that Madden 2006 is a VERY different game than Madden 2005. The learning curve this year will be greater than that of any game in Madden history. While I think that Madden 2006 has a chance to go down as the best Madden game ever, there are quite a few things that EA needs to work out to make

sure this happens. EA stressed that the game was only 60% done, and it showed during the gameplay. In my opinion, Madden 2005 was much more polished at E3 last year than Madden 2006 was this year. That concerns me a little bit, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that EA will make the necessary corrections over the next couple months to ensure that this game is better than last year's. I can say, without question, that the complexity of this year's game is going to make it more imperative than ever for Madden gamers to become MA Elite News members. Missing out on even the smallest tip can put you behind, and because of the large volume of information needed this year, every bit of help you can get will be important. I am going to break this preview up and explain things, feature by feature, as best I can.

Team Ratings
Team ratings are sure to change, but here is an early preview of how the teams are ranked.

AFC East

New England ??????????97??????????92??????????96
New York ?????????????????81??????????86??????????76
Buffalo??????????????????????78??????????70??????????95
Miami??????????????????????? 70??????????68??????????79

AFC North

Pittsburgh ????????????????91??????????89??????????92
Baltimore??????????????????88??????????85??????????90
Cincinnati?????????????????85??????????85??????????76
Cleveland?????????????????61??????????62??????????60

AFC South

Indianapolis ????????????90??????????99???????????68
Jacksonville?????????????84??????????83???????????86
Houston??????????????????? 83??????????84??????????83
Tennessee???????????????69??????????76??????????66

AFC West

San Diego?????????????????86??????????90??????????79
Kansas City??????????????85??????????91??????????77
Oakland?????????????????????81??????????88??????????65
Denver???????????????????????74??????????73??????????80

NFC East

Philadelphia ????????????96??????????96??????????94
Washington??????????????77??????????82??????????74
Dallas????????????????????????73??????????72??????????79
New York ?????????????????72??????????68??????????75

NFC North

Minnesota???????????????90??????????86??????????92
Green Bay?????????????????80??????????92??????????63
Detroit ???????????????????????78??????????87??????????74
Chicago?????????????????????73??????????70??????????76??????????

NFC South

Atlanta ??????????????????????85??????????80??????????84
Carolina???????????????????85??????????87??????????92
Tampa Bay??????????????75??????????76??????????83
New Orleans???????????72?????????83???????????66

NFC West

Seattle ????????????????????86??????????89??????????84
St. Louis??????????????????82??????????90??????????69
Arizona????????????????????76??????????78??????????79
San Francisco ??????67??????????70??????????68

These ratings are overall, offense, defense. The rating that I feel is most important at this time is the offense rating. The reason for this is because offense is going to be tricky, and you are going to need weapons on the offensive side of the ball to execute. While playing at E3, it felt like the offense stopped themselves many times as opposed to the defense making plays. Because of this, I recommend starting with an offensive team.

May 31st, 2005, 1:59 am
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

I can live with the offense, I think it has more to do with QB than anything else but I feel like our Defense should be around 80-85??? Maybe those are just "Lion" blinders but that OVERALL ranks the lions 22nd... thats BULL SHI*

May 31st, 2005, 2:03 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I agree, the defensive ranking should be up to near 80. However, Lions D and Chicago's D are nearly the same, and with the Lions recent defensive injury history, da Bears have a better D than the Lions.

Teams like 'Zona and the Cowgirls got screwed IMO. In my book, they are locks to make the playoffs, yet everything's in the 70s? Doesn't make sense.

Carolina will win the division over Atlanta this year, and the rankings show that the Panthers are better. If they're better, how do they not win? Take a page from the Lions playbook?

Seattle didn't improve on D enough to bring them up to 84, that's BS.

Houston with an 84 offense and 83 defense? WTF?

May 31st, 2005, 7:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]