View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2015, 12:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 How far away were the Lions from the Super Bowl? 
Team MVP

Post How far away were the Lions from the Super Bowl?
http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_ ... -bowl-team

Really interesting article about how many above average players each NFL team needed this year to contend for the Super Bowl. We were 5 players away according to it, with 4 elite, 4 good, 21 average and 3 bad players.

Also, I'm glad the site is back up and running. I was going through withdrawal.

January 26th, 2015, 2:30 am
Hall of Fame Head Coach

Post Re: How far away were the Lions from the Super Bowl?
Yes. Glad your back up and running. I was starting to wonder if Pablo was tired of us. LOL

January 26th, 2015, 9:36 am
Pro Bowl Player

Welcome back, Lionbacker!

If we can keep Suh, I think we're one elite or two good offensive linemen away from being really dangerous.

January 26th, 2015, 3:37 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Judging by Seattle's games vs Carolina and GB, I think we could've beat them, but it's a bleak sight thinking about going into GB for the NFCCG. I honestly don't think we'd win that one, but who knows.

January 26th, 2015, 6:16 pm
Team MVP

Wasn't able to comment much on my post last night because I was exhausted, but here's my thoughts. We need to keep Suh, that's a given. I think they under rated Tate as an average player, should be at least good. Slay and Ansah could take the step up to the elite level, and hopefully Ebron and Swanson will step up. If we were 5 short, and 3 move up a class to the good range, we should be able to add 2 impact players in the draft and free agency combined, heck maybe even as many as 4. We're close as a team but have to keep Suh and address the oline.

January 26th, 2015, 7:47 pm
Player of the Year - Offense

Any methodology that puts Tate as "average" is obviously flawed.

January 26th, 2015, 7:55 pm
RIP Killer

Granted, it was the Pro Bowl and DBs didn't try very hard, but Stafford looked pretty damn good with a wall of an Oline. He had time and was throwing rockets into tight spots. Was his best showing of the year.

Waddle was a good RT last year, I think he was mainly derailed by minor injuries this year. The big question is not his ability at RT, but will he stay healthy? Maybe last year was a fluke considering his past, or maybe it's a sign of things to come.

The middle of the line needs the most work, which is obvious. If the G's and C can form a wall, Stafford can work on stepping up into the pocket like he needs to do. The T's both have the ability to hold off speed and power rushers long enough, but they end up giving up sacks because Stafford can't step up in the pocket due to poor interior line blocking.

January 26th, 2015, 7:55 pm
RIP Killer

I think the biggest wildcard on defense is Van Noy. Can he be a big time blitzer or even be average in coverage? Can he even be a useful player? Levy/Whitehead/Van Noy could be a damn good LB crew if they play to their potential and progress anywhere close to Levy has or even as Whitehead has.

January 26th, 2015, 7:57 pm
NFL Team Captain

conversion02 wrote:
I think the biggest wildcard on defense is Van Noy. Can he be a big time blitzer or even be average in coverage? Can he even be a useful player? Levy/Whitehead/Van Noy could be a damn good LB crew if they play to their potential and progress anywhere close to Levy has or even as Whitehead has.

Well it took 3-4 years for Levy to really come into his current level of play, so it's very likely we could be waiting another year or two for Van Noy to reach reach his potential. He had a lot of things going against him this season, I think if he has an injury free offseason this time around we will probably see what was expected of him.

January 27th, 2015, 10:09 am
NFL Team Captain

BillySims wrote:
Yes. Glad your back up and running. I was starting to wonder if Pablo was tired of us. LOL

I think Pablo just wanted to let all you geriatrics have some time to get your blood pressure down after the way the last 2 games went with the refs.

January 27th, 2015, 10:12 am
Off. Coordinator – Joe Lombardi

conversion02 wrote:
Granted, it was the Pro Bowl and DBs didn't try very hard, but Stafford looked pretty damn good with a wall of an Oline. He had time and was throwing rockets into tight spots. Was his best showing of the year.
Waddle was a good RT last year, I think he was mainly derailed by minor injuries this year. The big question is not his ability at RT, but will he stay healthy? Maybe last year was a fluke considering his past, or maybe it's a sign of things to come.

The middle of the line needs the most work, which is obvious. If the G's and C can form a wall, Stafford can work on stepping up into the pocket like he needs to do. The T's both have the ability to hold off speed and power rushers long enough, but they end up giving up sacks because Stafford can't step up in the pocket due to poor interior line blocking.

He got to play in Linehans Offense. So far it is SO MUCH BETTER than Lombardi's

January 27th, 2015, 10:14 am
Modmin Dude

regularjoe12 wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

You mean that vanilla offfense then played against a vanilla defense? Pro Bowl stats are meaningless.

January 27th, 2015, 11:28 am

TheRealWags wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

You mean that vanilla offfense then played against a vanilla defense? Pro Bowl stats are meaningless.

I agree, but it gave me a great opportunity to hate on Lombardi's Offense one more time this year ;) gotta be consistant ya know!

January 27th, 2015, 11:46 am
RIP Killer

TheRealWags wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

Stats are meaningless, yes. But it's how he looked...the best he has this year.

January 29th, 2015, 12:12 am

rao wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

Well it took 3-4 years for Levy to really come into his current level of play, so it's very likely we could be waiting another year or two for Van Noy to reach reach his potential. He had a lot of things going against him this season, I think if he has an injury free offseason this time around we will probably see what was expected of him.

hopefully but KVN really looked unathletic this season compared to NFL players. im not sure he has much chance to be elite.

February 2nd, 2015, 9:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next