View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 25th, 2015, 10:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Teryl Austin 
Rookie Player of the Year

Post Teryl Austin
I hate to say but I think he's as good as gone(hopefully not to Chicago). What will happen to the defense and who would be the best replacements? This could be a devastating loss for us

January 11th, 2015, 1:42 am
Team MVP

Post Re: Teryl Austin
Well Dick Lebeau just resigned as DC for the Steelers. He's old and he runs a 3-4 but he's a hell of a coach.

January 11th, 2015, 9:44 am

If he gets a gig I hope it's soon so they can go after Pepper Johnson before he gets scooped up by a team like the Giants.

January 11th, 2015, 10:34 am
NFL Team Captain

LeBeau would be kinda neat just purely as a reunion with the place he started in pro football. I'm sure him being around the team would bring back found memories for all the old guys on the board. I just don't really like the idea of a 3-4 with the personnel they have, so unfortunately I think it would be a bad match.

January 11th, 2015, 10:51 am

Austin interviewed for the Bills job but they went with Rex. How great would it have been to see Schwartz as an underling to a guy that in his first year as a coordinator turned around a defense he couldn't make look like they belonged in the NFL.

January 11th, 2015, 11:43 am
NFL Team Captain

sweetd20 wrote:
Austin interviewed for the Bills job but they went with Rex. How great would it have been to see Schwartz as an underling to a guy that in his first year as a coordinator turned around a defense he couldn't make look like they belonged in the NFL.

It's also kinda funny if Schwartz stays as DC because it was Rex and Schwartz people were talking about way back when Schwartz got the job in Detroit. They were 2 of the hot guys to move up from coordinator to HC back then.

January 11th, 2015, 12:08 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Austin is great, but it wouldn't surprise me if people wanted to see one more year of success.

January 11th, 2015, 1:41 pm
Off. Coordinator – Joe Lombardi

Bills - Rex Ryan
Bears - Gary Kubiak
Jets - Dan Quinn
Falcons - Todd Bowles
Raiders - ?

It looks like 4 of the jobs are either gone or have clear front runners. I think Austin may be better off staying than taking over the Raiders mess.

January 11th, 2015, 5:25 pm
Pro Bowl Player

The Legend wrote:
Bills - Rex Ryan
Bears - Gary Kubiak
Jets - Dan Quinn
Falcons - Todd Bowles
Raiders - ?

It looks like 4 of the jobs are either gone or have clear front runners. I think Austin may be better off staying than taking over the Raiders mess.

Shanahan's son resigned as the Browns OC. I wonder if that's an indicator he's taking one of the jobs?

January 11th, 2015, 6:11 pm
Team MVP

No, I think it means whoever hires his dad as HC wants him to be the OC as well. There were some rumors that 3 teams were interested in the Shanny duo.

January 11th, 2015, 7:12 pm
Off. Coordinator – Joe Lombardi

The Legend wrote:
Bills - Rex Ryan
Bears - Gary Kubiak
Jets - Dan Quinn
Falcons - Todd Bowles
Raiders - ?

i guess i missed the 49ers so Austin is a possibility there too

January 11th, 2015, 9:45 pm
Pro Bowl Player

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
No, I think it means whoever hires his dad as HC wants him to be the OC as well. There were some rumors that 3 teams were interested in the Shanny duo.

That's what I meant in my (admittedly clumsily worded) post.

January 12th, 2015, 8:00 am
QB Coach

Kubiak has said he's staying with Baltimore, so the Bears job is still a possibility for Austin as well. I hope not.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

January 12th, 2015, 8:41 am
NFL Team Captain

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Kubiak has said he's staying with Baltimore, so the Bears job is still a possibility for Austin as well. I hope not.

If I'm the Bears I would do it for sure. He's a guy getting interviewed for almost every open job, so fans will be fine with him. He brings back a defensive focus the team has always been successful with and he steals what could be a very important piece from a divisional opponent. He should also be cheaper to sign than a person with previous HC experience. The only thing I can see as a hurdle would be if the FO is gun shy about hiring a coach with no NFL head coaching experience because of Trestman.

January 12th, 2015, 9:07 am
Heisman Winner

Oakland is interested in Del Rio. And I read that Rex Ryan is going to bring his own DC into the Bills, which means Schwartz just became free.

I hope Bears don't hire Austin, this division is bad enough as it is, don't want another strong team here.

January 12th, 2015, 9:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next