View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 26th, 2014, 3:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 ziggy ansah 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post ziggy ansah
Am i the only one sincerely afraid of what might be wrong with him. im posting from my phone so no links but he was a no show at practice yesterday and no showed at the luncheon today and probably wont travel to NY. it was reported that my may have gotten a concussion in practice and no one has seen him since. i hope im overreacting

August 28th, 2013, 9:03 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Post Re: ziggy ansah
Pretty sure it's a concussion. They don't have to give injury reports in the preseason, so they're not, but that's what every reporter said. Even more problematic for the Lions, their doctors 'cleared' him after the injury and he went back into practice.

The added secrecy naturally makes everybody assume the worst, but I think it's a pretty safe bet he'll be playing week one.

August 28th, 2013, 9:17 pm
Team MVP

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Pretty sure it's a concussion. They don't have to give injury reports in the preseason, so they're not, but that's what every reporter said. Even more problematic for the Lions, their doctors 'cleared' him after the injury and he went back into practice.

The added secrecy naturally makes everybody assume the worst, but I think it's a pretty safe bet he'll be playing week one.

Ya I hope he plays week 1. Don't want him to push it, but were gonna need all the help we can get against AP.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

August 28th, 2013, 10:10 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Quote:
Even more problematic for the Lions, their doctors 'cleared' him after the injury and he went back into practice.

I heard that too and that could definitely cost someone a job if that is indeed the case.

KDS, I agree though I would feel just as comfortable with Israel Idonijae or Devin Taylor out there

August 28th, 2013, 10:12 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Killwill25 wrote:
Am i the only one sincerely afraid of what might be wrong with him.

No, it's not just you. Also, the word "concussion" should be terrifying to any Lions fan after what happened with Jahvid Best. I've wondered whether the NFL should come up with some sort of a policy to compensate teams (in the next year's draft) who have permanently lost players early-on in their careers as a result of concussion issues and the League's strict rules about concussions.

August 29th, 2013, 3:38 am
RIP Killer

Growler wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
Am i the only one sincerely afraid of what might be wrong with him.

No, it's not just you. Also, the word "concussion" should be terrifying to any Lions fan after what happened with Jahvid Best. I've wondered whether the NFL should come up with some sort of a policy to compensate teams (in the next year's draft) who have permanently lost players early-on in their careers as a result of concussion issues and the League's strict rules about concussions.

I don't see the NFL offering any compensation. Why wouldn't they do that in instances of other injuries as well? Like it or not, a concussion is just another type of injury that can potentially end someones playing days, no different than a serious leg injury or arm injury to a QB.

It's the chance teams take when they select any player.

August 29th, 2013, 10:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]