View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 26th, 2014, 11:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Report: Suh facing league discipline for low block against V 
Rookie Player of the Year

Post Re: Report: Suh facing league discipline for low block again
The funny thing is Jared Allen is a pretty dirty player when it comes to cheap shots and I do t think there was one mention of his block in the back on Burelson.

September 15th, 2013, 1:07 pm
RIP Killer

I read an article on Yahoo about the fines in the NFL, and how they are distributed between defensive and offensive players. Interestingly enough, in week one there were some $341k in fines handed out, with $309k going to players on the defensive side of the ball. Suh's fine accounted for nearly a third of that, for a block that is legal if Sullivan threw it at Suh, but not vice versa. The article (don't have the link) spoke of the obvious bias the front office has against defensive players in the game.

I think it speaks volumes about just how STUPID Roger Goodell is, and how stupid he thinks the average NFL fan is.

And, yet again, another defensive player has his season end yesterday because of a low block performed by an offensive lineman. No flag, no fine coming, in all likelihood.

In my mind, if I played defense and had to deal with that all day, I'd become very irritated and would take ANY opportunity I had to return the favor, illegal or not.

Cut blocks should be banned altogether, regardless of who is throwing it or under what circumstance.

September 16th, 2013, 9:01 am
Hall of Fame Player

And why the heck wasn't the goon that took out Bush's knee flagged for a low tackle?
If it was Suh that did it to their guy, you can bet the field would have looked
like a flag day celebration.

September 16th, 2013, 5:50 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

I saw a clip from the game showing an O-lineman for the Cards purposely rolling at Suh's legs after the play and nothing was addressed about that classless move.

September 16th, 2013, 9:49 pm
QB Coach

BillySims wrote:
And why the heck wasn't the goon that took out Bush's knee flagged for a low tackle?

You've posted this kind of thing in a couple threads. Do you really not see the difference between a RB carrying the ball being tackled at the knees and a lineman not engaged in a play at all being blindsided at the knees. Do you not see that those are two entirely different situations?

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

September 17th, 2013, 1:25 am
Hall of Fame Player

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
BillySims wrote:

You've posted this kind of thing in a couple threads. Do you really not see the difference between a RB carrying the ball being tackled at the knees and a lineman not engaged in a play at all being blindsided at the knees. Do you not see that those are two entirely different situations?

And just what difference does it make who's knees are being taken out? I was always taught to tackle between the thighs to the arm pits. I bet you that goon intentionally went for Bush's knee to get him out of the game.

September 17th, 2013, 7:27 am
Modmin Dude

BillySims wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
BillySims wrote:
And just what difference does it make who's knees are being taken out? I was always taught to tackle between the thighs to the arm pits. I bet you that goon intentionally went for Bush's knee to get him out of the game.
IF he did (which would likely never be proved), could it be considered 'pay back' for Suh's 'transgressions'??? Similar to the Card OLineman dropping at Suh's knees?

September 17th, 2013, 8:50 am
Walk On

Suh threatened cable guy with a pellet gun

07:16 AM ET 09.12 | This hasn't been a very good week for Ndamukong Suh, who is already in the news for his $100,000 fine -- and now this. According to a Birmingham police report, Suh confronted the employee with a pellet gun around 9 p.m. on Aug. 16 when the employee was in Suh's yard trying to fix the cable for another home. Comcast employee Spencer Ferrell, 22, told police the utility pole holding the cable service box he was fixing was in the service residence's backyard, right next to a fence shared with Suh's home. Ferrell told police the box could only be accessed by going through Suh's yard, and after bringing his tools into the yard, Suh came out of his garage waving the pellet gun in "an intimidating manner." After listening to Suh yell, Ferrell said he returned to his work truck and called his supervisor and 911.

The Detroit News

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumo ... ref=fromSI

September 17th, 2013, 9:19 am
QB Coach

I.E. wrote:
Suh threatened cable guy with a pellet gun

07:16 AM ET 09.12 | This hasn't been a very good week for Ndamukong Suh, who is already in the news for his $100,000 fine -- and now this. According to a Birmingham police report, Suh confronted the employee with a pellet gun around 9 p.m. on Aug. 16 when the employee was in Suh's yard trying to fix the cable for another home. Comcast employee Spencer Ferrell, 22, told police the utility pole holding the cable service box he was fixing was in the service residence's backyard, right next to a fence shared with Suh's home. Ferrell told police the box could only be accessed by going through Suh's yard, and after bringing his tools into the yard, Suh came out of his garage waving the pellet gun in "an intimidating manner." After listening to Suh yell, Ferrell said he returned to his work truck and called his supervisor and 911.

The Detroit News

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumo ... ref=fromSI

This is old news and has already been shown that this story was false.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130911/SPORTS01/309110133/ndamukong-suh-birmingham-police-gun-detroit-lions

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

September 17th, 2013, 9:21 am
QB Coach

BillySims wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Wow. You honestly don't see the difference between taking someone's knees out with a blindside hit and tackling a running back who has the ball at the knees? Wow. They are two totally different plays, and defenders are taught to tackle a guy's knees out to bring him down, especially against a speedy, shifty running back. You're really grasping at straws here.

September 17th, 2013, 9:23 am
Hall of Fame Player

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Wow. You honestly don't see the difference between taking someone's knees out with a blindside hit and tackling a running back who has the ball at the knees? Wow. They are two totally different plays, and defenders are taught to tackle a guy's knees out to bring him down, especially against a speedy, shifty running back. You're really grasping at straws here.

Agreed TJ!

September 17th, 2013, 10:18 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5