View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 2:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 53 seconds 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post 53 seconds
That is my new rallying cry to have Jim Schwartz fired. He's the guy that I wanted the Lions to hire and I supported him through thick and thin until now.

53 seconds. AND 3 time outs. AND a red hot QB (at the time).

No excuse

This loss is 100% on Schwartz and he needs to go.

53 seconds. And he quits.

53 seconds. And he gives up.

53 seconds. And he doesn't even try.

Schwartz needs to go.

September 15th, 2013, 10:29 pm
Heisman Winner

Post Re: 53 seconds
I too wanted the Lions to hire Schwartz.

I have not seen anything so far that leads me to think that he is the guy to get this team to the SB. Too many games are lost just like this one was, when they should have won. I think time is up, get to the playoffs and advance, or adios..

September 15th, 2013, 10:57 pm
Modmin Dude

I was one of the pro-Schwartz guys too; wanted him hired Millen's last go-round. That said, I started thinking / realizing he wasn't the answer after 'The Handshake Heard 'Round the World'; IMO that is when he lost the team. Pretty much the only way I'd be ok with retaining him is if they win the Super Bowl...and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

September 15th, 2013, 11:17 pm
All State

I can't point to any particular games, but this isn't anything new for them. I can recall on multiple occasions thinking "That's it? You're just going to run the clock out?" when it came down to having possession in the last minute or so of the game. They seem to do this all the time. Too afraid of losing a lead, or creating a turnover at the end rather then trying to take advantage of having the ball and trying to put points on the board. And Linehan is still too conservative as usual. If Bush is going to be on again off again health wise this season it's going to be a LOOOONG year.

September 16th, 2013, 12:53 am
Team MVP

Well said SlyBri.

I too supported Schwartz and even when most were calling for his head, I still backed him. But now? He needs to go. He had ZERO control of this team. Too many penalties, too many stupid critical mistakes. People say the refs are against the Lions but in reality the players earn every flag they get and it's Schwartz that keeps letting it happen.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 16th, 2013, 4:32 am
Walk On

Agreed. I believe the Lions are a better team than their historical performance under Schwartz.

September 16th, 2013, 8:16 am
RIP Killer

That was crazy, lets not forget the Cards were going to get the ball to start the 2nd half. You gotta put points on the board whenever you have an opportunity.

As soon as the play call was a run you knew the Lions had no killer instinct.

Look, NFL games tend to be close - a simple decision like this will come back to haunt you.

UGH!

September 16th, 2013, 8:37 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I think we're like the pre-Harbaugh 49ers. Talented team with poor coaching. If we do hire a new coach, I'd want somebody who has succeeded as a head coach, regardless of the level. No more taking the hot coordinator--too risky. For what it's worth, I also think Mayhew should get the chance to hire a second head coach.

I know this never goes over well, but I think they should hire Lovie. (ducks)

September 16th, 2013, 8:37 am
RIP Killer

And those of you who have, throughout the past few seasons, bashed WJB because he said Schwartz was a sh*tty coach, need to start lining up and apologizing.

September 16th, 2013, 11:37 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

m2karateman wrote:
And those of you who have, throughout the past few seasons, bashed WJB because he said Schwartz was a sh*tty coach, need to start lining up and apologizing.

I would but he took his ball and went home. :wink:

September 16th, 2013, 11:37 am
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

I would but he took his ball and went home. :wink:

I understand that. Doesn't mean he doesn't pop in on occasion as a guest just to see what's being said.

I don't want to derail the thread, and I certainly had my differences with WJB, even on the subject of Schwartz. I didn't agree with how he went about name calling when people didn't agree with him, or his choice at times to ignore facts that went against his opinions. But there is no denying that on this subject, as well as a couple others, he's hit the nail on the head.

September 16th, 2013, 11:41 am

m2karateman wrote:

To give just one example, he also thought Martin was a terrible draft pick. We're all going to call some things and be off on others; the difference is that wjb thought he was always right and would bash and belittle others who disagreed with him.

September 16th, 2013, 11:49 am

And let's be honest, it's not exactly 'going out on a limb' to predict a Lions head coach is going to fail. :lol: Some of us just try to be optimistic because the alternative is unending despair. dontknow.gif

September 16th, 2013, 11:55 am
RIP Killer

thelomasbrowns wrote:
And let's be honest, it's not exactly 'going out on a limb' to predict a Lions head coach is going to fail. :lol: Some of us just try to be optimistic because the alternative is unending despair. dontknow.gif

It wasn't a simple matter of just saying 'he's going to fail'. He made many statements about Schwartz being out of his element, not controlling the penalties, not doing well with clock and game management.

As I said, I had many disagreements with WJB over the years. But I'll give the man his due credit. Even immediately after the 10-6 season, he was stating that Schwartz needed to go (along with Mayhew), and many of us were railing on him saying he didn't know what he was talking about.

Turns out, he just may have had more insight than we gave him credit for. And by your statement, it seems you still aren't willing to give him that credit.

September 16th, 2013, 12:00 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

thelomasbrowns wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

To give just one example, he also thought Martin was a terrible draft pick. We're all going to call some things and be off on others; the difference is that wjb thought he was always right and would bash and belittle others who disagreed with him.

no the REAL problem is he'd repeat himself over and over again, with no reguards to the actual topic. He was right about a bunch of things, but being right wasnt enough to keep him from beating the crap out of a horse that died months ago.

but TO GET BACK ON TOPIC, i have considered this Swartz's make or break year, and i think it's looking like a break. to waste 53 seconds left with 3 T.O. when AR was getting the ball at halftime is just obsurd. the Offense scored a TD on it's last 2 drives, why the heck do you not at least ATTEMPT a FG. I'm with Sly...disgusting.

and Im also going to throw in 9 penalties for over 100 yards. If we have been addressing deiscapline for over 2 years, why is it now showing if he is such a good coach??

The answer has become obvuious sadly, and i hope to high hell that the F.O. recognizes it.

September 16th, 2013, 12:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next