View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 2:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 5 Turnovers, 1 blocked punt 
3rd Round Selection

Post 5 Turnovers, 1 blocked punt
Do we actually want to win games?

Absolutely pathetic in so many ways today. I think that's my most painful game as a Lions fan. Awful.

November 24th, 2013, 5:14 pm
National Champion

Post Re: 5 Turnovers, 1 blocked punt
Yeah, that was awful.

This team doesn't know how to win. They never have. Sad. It wouldn't matter if we win the division (we won't), we would do anything in the playoffs anyway.

November 24th, 2013, 5:26 pm
RIP Killer

Hate to tell everyone I told you so.....but I TOLD YOU SO.

This team is VERY reminiscent of the 2011 team. They won some games, but for the most part just weren't very awe inspiring such that I could believe they would play well in the playoffs.

I said that after the bye this team was set up for a letdown, and I was right. I'm not always right, but I'm gonna tell you when I am.

Stafford the best QB in Lions history? Can we just stop all that bullshit now? He's not even close to being the best QB in the history of this team. He's inconsistent, and he makes too many BAD decisions with the football, even when he doesn't have to based on game situations.

This team doesn't deserve to be in playoff contention with the way they've performed the last two weeks. Personally, I hope the Packers beat the phucking sh!t out of them on Thanksgiving Day, and put all hope to rest. No more stupid posts about how they are great, or are a legitimate playoff team. No more posts or topics about how Stafford is so great.

Stop. The. Madness. These guys aren't that good after all.

November 24th, 2013, 5:50 pm
Div 1 - Starter

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. How can one team have such continuous bad luck or be so awful in the turnover department?

I ended up laughing, probably because I was so upset and it's so ridiculous.

On that last drive I was saying to myself, "Just run the damned ball so as not to turn it over and kick the tying field goal."

Is it a coaching problem? Or is our turnover problem just bad luck?

A few weeks ago I signed up to have vacation days during the playoff weekend. I'm going to cancel them out if it's not too late. This team isn't going to make the playoffs. (Green Bay is going to win the division.) And if the Lions do make the playoffs they won't make it past the divisional round and I don't see how they could win a wild card game against either San Francisco or Carolina.

<EDIT> I cancelled out the conference championship day because I don't want to spend a shifting paid holiday day for that, but it's too late to do it for the wild card round, which is OK I guess. They could potentially still win the division and host a game on that weekend. I think I'll keep the SuperBowl off since I never have the SuperBowl off.

November 24th, 2013, 6:00 pm
League MVP

Growler wrote:
I don't know whether to laugh or cry. How can one team have such continuous bad luck or be so awful in the turnover department?

I ended up laughing, probably because I was so upset and it's so ridiculous.

On that last drive I was saying to myself, "Just run the damned ball so as not to turn it over and kick the tying field goal."

Is it a coaching problem? Or is our turnover problem just bad luck?

A few weeks ago I signed up to have vacation days during the playoff weekend. I'm going to cancel them out if it's not too late. This team isn't going to make the playoffs. (Green Bay is going to win the division.) And if the Lions do make the playoffs they won't make it past the divisional round and I don't see how they could win a wild card game against either San Francisco or Carolina.

<EDIT> I cancelled out the conference championship day because I don't want to spend a shifting paid holiday day for that, but it's too late to do it for the wild card round, which is OK I guess. They could potentially still win the division and host a game on that weekend. I think I'll keep the SuperBowl off since I never have the SuperBowl off.

i have a hard time thinking akers would have made a game tying field goal from 40+ there. i dont have much confidence in him in the first place and this was just one of those games where the lions were finding a way to give it away. the most amazing play to me was durham fumbled that ball, impressively clumsy and stupid play by him all at once

November 24th, 2013, 7:19 pm
Heisman Winner

Somehow, despite crapping the bed this week, the Lions are still in control of thier own destiny. I'm not sure they can play much worse than that, but who knows. These lousy defeats have cost them a chance to have the opening bye week, but that was kind of slim chances after the bye week anyhow. Go win the next game, and help yourself out in the division race. The Division is still in their hands despite their bumbling today. It'd be nice to be the 3rd seed rather than the 4th, but I'll take either one if it comes down to it. Go and win the division. That's the goal for the rest of the season prior to the playoffs.

November 24th, 2013, 10:35 pm
Div 1 - Starter

jrd66 wrote:
Somehow, despite crapping the bed this week, the Lions are still in control of thier own destiny. I'm not sure they can play much worse than that, but who knows. These lousy defeats have cost them a chance to have the opening bye week, but that was kind of slim chances after the bye week anyhow. Go win the next game, and help yourself out in the division race. The Division is still in their hands despite their bumbling today. It'd be nice to be the 3rd seed rather than the 4th, but I'll take either one if it comes down to it. Go and win the division. That's the goal for the rest of the season prior to the playoffs.

Hopefully today's game will serve as a wake-up call to them (mostly the offense) that they need to get their heads out of their asses and stop turning the ball over. They should be 8-3 right now and at least 7-4.

The Packers game is now a must-win. They had also better hope that Chicago doesn't run the table. I guess the only other good news is that the final game of the season for Chicago and Green Bay is against each other. One of them is guaranteed another loss (or tie). Let's also hope that the Cowpokers are able to lasso the Bears.

November 24th, 2013, 11:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]