View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 9:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Ten(ish) Questions with... DT Justin Bannan 
Modmin Dude

Post Ten(ish) Questions with... DT Justin Bannan
ESPN wrote:
Ten(ish) Questions with... DT Justin Bannan
September, 19, 2013
By Michael Rothstein | ESPN.com

Each week during the season, we'll chat with a different Detroit Lions player or coach for a look into their lives off the field on Sundays in a feature called "Ten(ish) Questions with ..."

Previous Ten(ish) Questions with...

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Defensive tackle Justin Bannan is one of the newer Detroit Lions, having signed a one-year deal with the team in August. This is his fifth stop in the NFL, a journey that started when he was a fifth-round draft pick in 2002. He's been to Buffalo, Baltimore, Denver, St. Louis, Denver again and now Detroit.

He has played in 162 games in his career, making 313 tackles and 6.5 sacks while forcing six fumbles. We caught up with Bannan earlier this week to chat about going to Red Rocks, skiing and beating Nebraska.

What’s your favorite football memory, not even NFL but your whole career?

Justin Bannan: Beating Nebraska my last home game my senior year at Colorado. We hung 62 points on them and it was my last game I ever played at CU. That was my senior year. It was a good way to go out, last game being played at CU, at least home game.

You’ve bounced around a few different places. What’s the NFL experience been like?

JB: It’s been a wild ride. Been a roller coaster. I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world, but it is definitely a challenging world. But it’s all I know so I wouldn’t trade it, you know.

What do you like to do most away from football, when you’re not playing?

JB: Um, just relaxing, hanging out with my family. Skiing, golfing, fishing, all of that stuff.

Are you particularly good at any of those last three things?

JB: Not really. But I like to do ‘em.

How’d you get involved with those things? Is that just from living in Colorado?

JB: Yeah, I kind of grew up skiing, so I like that. Grew up in the Sierras in Northern California. So grew up an hour from Tahoe. So I grew up fishing and outdoors. Since I’ve been in the NFL I’ve taken up golf, so I like that.

Skiing for you, you’re a bigger guy, how does that go? Is that more challenging?

JB: I just enjoy the experience. It’s not like I’m going down double black diamonds. I take it easy and I just like to get out there and ski.

What’s your pregame ritual? Do you have one?

JB: No. You have a system, but it’s not worth going over right now trying to explain to you.

As far as music goes, what’s your favorite artist? What do you listen to?

JB: I like all kinds. So, it’s just got to be good. That’s all.

So what entails good to you?

JB: Old school country. I like rock and roll, classic rock. A little bit of everything on top of that.

What’s the last concert you went to?

JB: Steve Miller Band at Red Rocks. Just a couple months ago.

That must have been awesome.

JB: Yeah. I go to Red Rocks concerts all the time. Not far from the house. I’ve seen a lot of concerts there.

How many?

JB: Probably 10.

Best venue in the country?

JB: Yes. By far. I do. It’s probably the coolest place to go see a concert.

http://espn.go.com/blog/detroit-lions/p ... tin-bannan

September 20th, 2013, 12:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]