View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 27th, 2014, 2:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 What is your expectations for the Lions this year? 
Bubbles the Lion

Post What is your expectations for the Lions this year?
I expect them to win the Division and go deep into the playoffs. If they go 8-8 or less without major injuries then Mooch and Co. should be fired.

May 31st, 2005, 2:02 pm
RIP Killer

Playoffs or bust. I'm not sold on them winning the division just yet, but I wouldn't say it is out of the question either. I'd really like to see the Lions leapfrog the Pack - game 2 should be telling.

8-8 would bother me if the Lions are realitively healthy. 10-6 should be the target, 9-7 just might get them in given how poor the NFC is.

May 31st, 2005, 2:09 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

11-5 a great year
9-7 would be disappointing.
8-8...New management.

I can't go as far as to say they'll win the division because the Vikqueens will be a force this year. I'm expecting the Vikes to go 10-6 or possibly 11-5. Should be an interesting first round of the playoffs.

I'm saying the division looks like this.
Minnesota 10-6
Detroit 10-6
Green Bay 8-8
Chicago 7-9

Pablo, the NFC does look to be a lot better this year. From first glance, I would the NFC has had a better offseason than the AFC so far. But a good offseason doesn't mean a good season. Time will tell.

May 31st, 2005, 2:09 pm
Peewee Leaguer

I think if we can stay reasonably healthy we should compete for the division. We almost beat the Vikes both games last season and that was with Moss. I understand they look to have stiffened their D this off season but the way I see it they are going to need it because our O should be significantly better this season. Steven (drop the sure TD/first down) is gone and a tried and true TE that has a couple of years left in his tank has taken his place. Roy and KJ both have a season under their belt and both have shown they have what it takes to make a statement in the NFL. C. Rogers who looked as good or better than Roy his first 5 games should be back 100% healthy this season (the one real ? but only about his health not his talent) and Mike Williams (if the rookie plays as good as he did for USC he should be huge in the redzone and third downs). And Joey, well with this group he only needs to play decent for our O to be very effective and I actually think with a little competiton for him this off season he will take that next step. I am getting my self all jacked up for the season again. I actually see them getting into the play offs, possibly winning the Division and at least winning a post season game. Anything more would be gravy, any less would be very disappointing.

May 31st, 2005, 10:05 pm
Hall of Fame Player

I expect to compete for - not necessarily win - the division. I expect a record of 10 - 6 or a minimum of 9 - 7. Anything less than that and I will be an unhappy boy.

Needless to say the playoffs are a must!

That's what I want...

What I get is another matter.

May 31st, 2005, 10:14 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]