View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 7:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Next up: Cincinnati Bengals 
Butkus Award Winner

Post Re: Next up: Cincinnati Bengals
DJ-B wrote:
Shotty wrote:
DJ-B wrote:
Looked like a Hail Marry toss to a triple covered receiver. Bad Decision. Mediocre Throw. Int Saving Catching by CJ.

On 3rd and 18, I think that was a great decision. If they INT it they're at the 20, if Martin punts it they're at the 1-20, or you can hit the jackpot and get 6 which happened.

True. I Forgot it was 3rd-18 hence it was essentially just like a punt at worst as you pointed out. The decision to go Endzone wasnt bad.

I still dont see the throw as a beautiful thing. He Chucked a ball in Cjs general direction, Cj turned around and Jump-balled it. It was nothing like a target throw in a tight window or a back shoulder throw streaking down the sidelines. Every None Limp armed QB in the league can make that Throw, it was pedestrian. CJ just made great catch.

Yup. He really is Superman...

October 21st, 2013, 3:42 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

Shotty wrote:
DJ-B wrote:
Shotty wrote:
DJ-B wrote:
Looked like a Hail Marry toss to a triple covered receiver. Bad Decision. Mediocre Throw. Int Saving Catching by CJ.

On 3rd and 18, I think that was a great decision. If they INT it they're at the 20, if Martin punts it they're at the 1-20, or you can hit the jackpot and get 6 which happened.

True. I Forgot it was 3rd-18 hence it was essentially just like a punt at worst as you pointed out. The decision to go Endzone wasnt bad.

I still dont see the throw as a beautiful thing. He Chucked a ball in Cjs general direction, Cj turned around and Jump-balled it. It was nothing like a target throw in a tight window or a back shoulder throw streaking down the sidelines. Every None Limp armed QB in the league can make that Throw, it was pedestrian. CJ just made great catch.

Yup. He really is Superman...

Cmon guys, there are no such things as hail marys to Calvin, it was clearly a designed play executed to perfection \:D/

October 21st, 2013, 6:08 pm
QB Coach

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... _vert.html

Great breakdown. The miss to Broyles isn't as bad as I thought but there were some other shaky plays by Matt.

October 23rd, 2013, 11:13 pm
RIP Killer

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/10/detroit_lions_second_look_vert.html

Great breakdown. The miss to Broyles isn't as bad as I thought but there were some other shaky plays by Matt.

His accuracy was horrible last week. I will say his pre-snap and progressions are much improved this year and it is almost shocking to see him look off a safety this season. He is just missing the throws.

October 24th, 2013, 9:14 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4