View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 30th, 2014, 5:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Next up: Cincinnati Bengals 
League MVP

Post Re: Next up: Cincinnati Bengals
also with the run game - warford and raiola are doing a good job double teaming. bush needs to hit it hard up the middle or else flank him out and let bell be the runner bc he will hit the hole hard

October 20th, 2013, 3:20 pm
RIP Killer

Officials continue with their obvious bias against the Lions. TERRIBLE no call on the interference against Reggie Bush. It's absolutely criminal how the Lions opposition can commit penalty after penalty and not get called.

October 20th, 2013, 3:22 pm
League MVP

m2karateman wrote:
Officials continue with their obvious bias against the Lions. TERRIBLE no call on the interference against Reggie Bush. It's absolutely criminal how the Lions opposition can commit penalty after penalty and not get called.

yeah he got hooked

also dalton on this slide, initiated his slide well short of the 1st down spotted him generously

October 20th, 2013, 3:26 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Thats what i thought. Not sure exactly how they spot on a slide but i know its not supposed to be favorable. Isnt it where the ball is when his Knee/butt touches. which was more than a full yard behind the 30, aka just short of a 1st down. they gave him over a full yard extra. Then again we could challenge the spot, but i doubt we do.

EDIT: While on Commercial I guess we challenged.

October 20th, 2013, 3:28 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

He was actually at least 1.5yds if not 2 yd behind the 30.

Edit: Great Challenge. COuld be game changing. TY Booth for phoning it in and TY Cinci for letting the Qtr end rather than quicksnapping.

October 20th, 2013, 3:30 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

Levy playing another strong game. Wish he would have started playing like this two seasons ago.

October 20th, 2013, 3:41 pm
RIP Killer

Spurlock just made a risky, but really good play by catching that punt off the bounce. It may have saved the Lions offense a bunch of yards to cover in this coming drive. That ball was ready to keep going for a while.

October 20th, 2013, 3:43 pm
League MVP

m2karateman wrote:
Levy playing another strong game. Wish he would have started playing like this two seasons ago.

he s a good coverage player as he s been all along. doing a good job limiting bernard out of the backfield today. he lost ogbonnaya last week on the TD and routinely gets beaten in the run game esp if they run at him and the way this dline plays upfield rather than stuffing the line. the big plays make him look better and better but i dont see much difference in his game overall. maybe the DL can generate some pressure and he ll get another big play. they are due

October 20th, 2013, 3:50 pm
League MVP

levy awful on the 4 minute drive. we got lucky on the false start and then suh with a big sack to force the punt but there punter pins us deep and martin just absolutely choked punting it back to them. 27 yards??? get the f out of here.

October 20th, 2013, 4:20 pm
QB Coach

No excuses. Secondary played pretty bad and a pretty big special teams screw up at the end cost us the game. Should have had this one. Gotta beat the Cowboys next week. For parts of games we look like a playoff team, but playoff teams win games like this. We're a maddening team like we always are. Every week changes how I view this team. Looks like 9-7 missing the post season now.

October 20th, 2013, 4:23 pm
3rd Round Selection

Ouch.

Did everything we could to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory there.

Dropped passes, inaccurate throws, blocked field goals, blown coverage, no penetration from the dline, shanked punt. So should have won that.

Worrying injuries too. Couldn't have been much worse.

October 20th, 2013, 4:23 pm

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
No excuses. Secondary played pretty bad and a pretty big special teams screw up at the end cost us the game. Should have had this one. Gotta beat the Cowboys next week. For parts of games we look like a playoff team, but playoff teams win games like this. We're a maddening team like we always are. Every week changes how I view this team. Looks like 9-7 missing the post season now.

Game(fail) ball goes to Stafford. It should have been 17-7 or even 21-7 early if he didnt miss those easy td throws as we were dominating them in the 1st half other than the 1 big play. Secondary sucked also, but this was a game the Lions should have won. Luckily Chi lost also, but if we cant win games like this, i still see us being the team that beats sub.500 teams and loses to playoff quality teams.

October 20th, 2013, 4:35 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
League MVP

DJ-B wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:

Game(fail) ball goes to Stafford. It should have been 17-7 or even 21-7 early if he didnt miss those easy td throws as we were dominating them in the 1st half other than the 1 big play. Secondary sucked also, but this was a game the Lions should have won. Luckily Chi lost also, but if we cant win games like this, i still see us being the team that beats sub.500 teams and loses to playoff quality teams.

Stafford missed some throws but moved the ball in the first half and then made some big throws in the 2nd. Granted he could have maybe gone off for 400 yards and 4 tds if he hits some of those big early ones forcing the bengals to play from behind the egregious errors in this game were made by the Special Teams. The blocked FG, multiple forward lateral play was a bad one - i never saw a decent replay showing what happened but it was on the left side of the line. It went from 3 points for the good guys to 7 for the bad guys - a 10 point swing. Then in the 2nd half Martin with the shanked punt to give Cincy a shot to win it.

October 20th, 2013, 5:35 pm

Should've won it. As we've all said before, you can't make mistakes against playoff caliber teams and expect to win.

If he's fired, my first call after the season would be to Ron Rivera. It's amazing that after 5 years, our secondary still has so many breakdowns and miscues.

October 20th, 2013, 5:49 pm
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:

I was at the game today and one thing I was watching was the O-line vs D-line on both teams, and one constant was the Bengals offensive holding that wouldn't get called. I think my voice is shot because of me yelling "holding!" Its pretty rediculous.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 20th, 2013, 7:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next