View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 3rd, 2014, 1:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Disastrous Coaching Call on 3rd and 4? 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Disastrous Coaching Call on 3rd and 4?
njroar wrote:
chilledmonkeybrains wrote:
Throw in the forward lateral on the blocked punt that was not challenged (was Schwartz afraid of Thanksgiving vs. Houston all over again?), a few no calls by refs, and a horrible punt from an otherwise awesome punter and we've got a game we should have won... AGAIN

The lateral is discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16912 How can you challenge something the refs tell you that you can't challenge?

The refs just got themselves removed from the playoff and Super Bowl crew consideration in this game. They missed calls on both sides, but they were game changers for us. But even beyond that, there was no excuse to lose this game.

On the plus side, outside of the division, we face one more team with a winning record and that's dallas this week. Rest of the season is games that we should win.

Packers is not a given, and neither is the Ravens game. Beyond that, the Lions should be able to win all the other games. If they can end the season at 11-5, I don't think anyone would complain.

October 22nd, 2013, 5:40 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Yeah, Packers wil always be tough, and that's why I said outside the Division. Baltimore isn't the same team, and it'll be a challenge, but winnable at home. I have no delusions that we'll win them all. We end up losing games we should win depending on our mental makeup that day.

October 22nd, 2013, 10:47 pm
Red Shirt Freshman

m2karateman wrote:
njroar wrote:
chilledmonkeybrains wrote:
Throw in the forward lateral on the blocked punt that was not challenged (was Schwartz afraid of Thanksgiving vs. Houston all over again?), a few no calls by refs, and a horrible punt from an otherwise awesome punter and we've got a game we should have won... AGAIN

No game is a given for these guys, IMHO.

However, the Lions do seem to have a very favorable schedule going forward. The tougher teams they'll play will be Green Bay, Dallas, a Cutler-less Chicago, and a Ravens team that's no longer the same. The only guaranteed loss looks like the Green Bay game. Regardless, I'll still be pleasantly surprised if they finish better than 10-6.

October 26th, 2013, 2:10 am
RIP Killer

Growler wrote:
The only guaranteed loss looks like the Green Bay game.

Guaranteed loss? In Ford Field?

October 28th, 2013, 11:58 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2