View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2014, 10:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 MARIUCCI: EDWARDS NOT EXCUSED 
Pro Bowl Player

Post MARIUCCI: EDWARDS NOT EXCUSED
By Mike Fowler Lions Insider
Date: May 31, 2005

Lions head coach Steve Mariucci said he was aware of the allegations against third-year linebacker Kalimba Edwards, but didn't want to say much more beyond that.

ALLEN PARK - Lions head coach Steve Mariucci said he was aware of the allegations against third-year linebacker Kalimba Edwards, but didn't want to say much more beyond that.

Edwards was arrested by Michigan State Police last night for allegedly resisting arrest and another violation that was not commented on. He was to be arraigned today on a variety of charges.

"We're aware of the situation," said Mariucci. "We're gathering information and I'm not able to comment on anything. The authorities are taking care of it and really, I can't comment on it."

When pressed on whether Edwards was excused from today's practice, Mariucci said, "well, no."

According to published reports, Edwards was stopped by Michigan State Troopers and got involved in a heated exchange with one of the officers. LionsFans.com has learned, however, that despite reports that Edwards assaulted an officer, he kept his hands in a position that made it difficult for the officer to cuff him.

Edwards could also be subject to fine and suspension for missing a practice without being excused. It also isn't out of the realm of possibility that he could be released tomorrow - the first day that the pro-rated portion of any players signing bonus can be deferred into next season's salary cap - although that scenario is unlikely.

June 1st, 2005, 1:06 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

third-year linebacker Kalimba Edwards

:shock:
What?

June 1st, 2005, 9:01 am
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

It also isn't out of the realm of possibility that he could be released tomorrow - the first day that the pro-rated portion of any players signing bonus can be deferred into next season's salary cap - although that scenario is unlikely
I have to disagree here, I think that its very possible he gets cut today. He hasn't lived up to his potential as of yet and now this....you might want to pack you're bag Kalimba......

June 1st, 2005, 9:05 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

"LionsFans.com has learned, however, that despite reports that Edwards assaulted an officer, he kept his hands in a position that made it difficult for the officer to cuff him."

Any one care to decipher this grammatical wreck?

June 1st, 2005, 12:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]