View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 20th, 2014, 10:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Next up: Tampa Bay Buccaneers 
Div 1 - Starter

Post Re: Next up: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
This game was just sickening. There is absolutely no way the Lions should have lost to Tampa. None. It is inexcusable, and it shows that this team is truly not ready for success, and they will be lucky to make the playoffs. But, as has been said, even if they do they'll be done after 1 game. I'm not even sure I want to watch anymore.

I laughed because I was too upset to cry. The Lions performance was so horrible, it's almost as though I couldn't fully absorb it or was in a state of disbelief. I haven't felt that disappointed in them since they allowed all those special teams touchdowns early last season.

If they don't stick it to the Fudgepackers on Thursday, then the season is over. Beating the Pakcers at home is now a must-win game. If they were 8-3 then they could afford to lose it, but now they've let Green Bay and Chicago crawl out of their holes. I predict that the Packers or Bears will win the division. I just can't see how the Lions can do anything more than finish at 3-2 against the Packers, Giants, Eagles, Ravens, and Vikings. They have the talent to run the table and finish 11-5, but they are too prone to self-destruction (er, turnovers).

November 25th, 2013, 9:32 pm
League MVP

Growler wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
This game was just sickening. There is absolutely no way the Lions should have lost to Tampa. None. It is inexcusable, and it shows that this team is truly not ready for success, and they will be lucky to make the playoffs. But, as has been said, even if they do they'll be done after 1 game. I'm not even sure I want to watch anymore.

I laughed because I was too upset to cry. The Lions performance was so horrible, it's almost as though I couldn't fully absorb it or was in a state of disbelief. I haven't felt that disappointed in them since they allowed all those special teams touchdowns early last season.

If they don't stick it to the Fudgepackers on Thursday, then the season is over. Beating the Pakcers at home is now a must-win game. If they were 8-3 then they could afford to lose it, but now they've let Green Bay and Chicago crawl out of their holes. I predict that the Packers or Bears will win the division. I just can't see how the Lions can do anything more than finish at 3-2 against the Packers, Giants, Eagles, Ravens, and Vikings. They have the talent to run the table and finish 11-5, but they are too prone to self-destruction (er, turnovers).

Even from the Week 1 game vs Minnesota the Lions have shown there true colors. That game was a microcosm of the last 25 years of Lions football. The Lions showed they have tremendous talent yet tremendous aptitude for self-destruction. They ve done nothing to show they are any different than what they showed in that game. The Lions lose not because of inability but rather bc of carelessness. They have yet to play a solid game from beginning to finish and it doesnt look like they will do so anytime soon, even against inferior opponents.

November 25th, 2013, 10:44 pm
3rd Round Selection

Growler wrote:

More typical Lions. In games, they keep you feeling like you have just enough hope to remain invested and then punch you in the stomach right at the end.

In the season, it's the same. We're still in first, hold the tiebreaker over the Bears and have the chance to put a game on the Packers and even up the tiebreaker with them. Just enough hope to remain invested in the season. I expect them to beat the Packers to keep me interested, go into the game vs the Vikings with a win ensuring a playoff spot and lose that game on a last minute interception ... It's just what they do. This "so close yet so far away" thing is killing me!

In a rare moment of positivity from me since Sunday's debacle - they can still make the playoffs, and if they make it there I genuinely believe (as I've said since the Vikings game) that just as this team can lose to absolutely anyone I think they're capable of beating anyone. So I still wouldn't say (more fool me, I expect) that even if we make the playoffs we're guaranteed one and done.

November 26th, 2013, 6:05 am
Div 1 - Starter

UK Lion wrote:
In a rare moment of positivity from me since Sunday's debacle - they can still make the playoffs, and if they make it there I genuinely believe (as I've said since the Vikings game) that just as this team can lose to absolutely anyone I think they're capable of beating anyone. So I still wouldn't say (more fool me, I expect) that even if we make the playoffs we're guaranteed one and done.

I can see them winning a home wild card game against Arizona, San Francisco, or Carolina. However, there's no way they're going to win in either New Orleans or Seattle. If they can get to the playoffs and win their wild card round game I'll be happy and regard it as a successful season (by Lions standards).

November 26th, 2013, 7:46 am
Pop Warner Vet

The Lions will not make the playoffs unless they win the division, Arizona & Carolina would get the wildcard over us so we HAVE to win the division. Good news is Rodgers is ostensibly still out for Thursday and Forte apparently hyper extended his knee.

I know it's hard guys but you gotta keep your expectations low. From a half full glass, our pass rush is improving and we've become quite dominant against the run. We really need to keep our eyes on free agent CBs as that will improve the secondary situation the fastest, draft a promising corner (and a safety, LB). A couple years ago, every position needed upgrading, now only a couple do. Don't kid yourselves though guys, we could have a team made up of only pro-bowlers and somehow we would still lose to horrible teams!

November 26th, 2013, 12:53 pm
RIP Killer

Growler wrote:
UK Lion wrote:

I can see them winning a home wild card game against Arizona, San Francisco, or Carolina. However, there's no way they're going to win in either New Orleans or Seattle. If they can get to the playoffs and win their wild card round game I'll be happy and regard it as a successful season (by Lions standards).

No way this team beats Carolina or San Francisco. And since the Lions played Arizona, the Cardinals have gotten better and the Lions have gotten worse. If Green Bay gets Rodgers back after the Turkey Day game and run the table, the Lions won't have a prayer of getting into the playoffs. But even if they do, none of the other teams in the NFC will have a problem absolutely destroying them. All that is predicated on the idea that the Lions continue to play the same way they have the past three games. They weren't all that impressive against Chicago, even though they won. They sucked against Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay. At this point, it's tough to look at any game left and say that it is a win, including the finale against Minnesota.

If the Lions got into the playoffs without Green Bay and Chicago tanking due to injuries, I'd say yes it was a successful season even if they lose in the first round. But if they get into the playoffs now, it's more like they got in by default rather than by their true efforts and skilled play. After these last two losses, the Lions have proven they don't deserve a playoff berth, even if they get one.

November 26th, 2013, 3:29 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Quote:
But if they get into the playoffs now, it's more like they got in by default rather than by their true efforts and skilled play.

Yup. Which is why if they don't get into the playoffs at this point, it will be such a debacle. The season has been handed to them on a platter.

November 26th, 2013, 3:35 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Blueskies wrote:
Quote:
But if they get into the playoffs now, it's more like they got in by default rather than by their true efforts and skilled play.

Yup. Which is why if they don't get into the playoffs at this point, it will be such a debacle. The season has been handed to them on a platter.

Agree completely! But is not making the playoffs enough to get us a new Coach? is making the playoffs enough to keep Swartz? personally I feel like anything less than a playoff win means we HAVE to make a change.

November 26th, 2013, 4:44 pm
League MVP

Growler wrote:
UK Lion wrote:

whoa whoa whoa fellas. lets start with beating a wounded duck Green Bay team without its best player using a recycled part on short preparation time.

November 26th, 2013, 4:59 pm
3rd Round Selection

The Legend wrote:
Growler wrote:
UK Lion wrote:

whoa whoa whoa fellas. lets start with beating a wounded duck Green Bay team without its best player using a recycled part on short preparation time.

Ha ha - fair enough. To be fair, I'm only responding to the "if we make the playoffs, we're guaranteed to lose" chat. One game at a time sounds good to me :)

November 26th, 2013, 6:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3