View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 8:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Lojack behind the scenes podcast interview 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Lojack behind the scenes podcast interview
The Legend wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
BillySims wrote:

I agree about the respect thing. That is such a BS argument. How many times have any of us worked in a job that we had absolutely no respect for our boss? I have been there. But, I did my job to the best of my ability because I needed my job. You don't have to respect your boss in order to do your job.

There is a difference between simply doing your job, and the willingness to go above and beyond because of your boss. I've had bosses that caused me to do just what I needed to do, no more than that, because I had such a profound lack of respect for them. I did the bare minimum I had to for me to keep my job.

But there have been others who I respected enough that I would jump through rings of fire to help them out. That is the kind of coach players do well for. It is human nature. Respect is something I don't think Schwartz is getting a whole bunch of these days from the players.

so you think a lack of respect for schwartz is the lions top issue?

I don't know if it is the top issue, but I do think it is an issue. I don't think the players are looking for a coach who will be friends with them, like Wayne Fontes was. But I do think they want someone they can believe in, and whom they will respect even if they don't exactly like him. Avril left and took less money. Jackson left without signing the offer Detroit made him, knowing he may not see another offer. That tells me quite a bit. It may not be the whole team, but contempt like that in a couple players could grow. And if even part of what Jackson is saying is true, then there is a real problem between Schwartz and at least some of the players. That's not a good situation for the team, at all.

November 28th, 2013, 10:11 pm
League MVP

Post Re: Lojack behind the scenes podcast interview
im not sure im buying this yet. Defensive players like KVB, Tulloch and Jason Jones came on board after working with Schwartz in Tennessee then other players like Calvin, Stafford, Houston, Delmas, Levy all re-signed to play under Schwartz. Avril was expecting $10 million per season when the Lions had tons of free agents and not a lot of room to maneuver and Jackson thought of himself as a "great player" (his own words in this podcast) bc PFF rated him highly so I think its more likely he felt there would be more money on the table somewhere else.

November 29th, 2013, 2:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2