View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 30th, 2014, 12:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 LeShoure. 
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: LeShoure.
I don't the Lions could get anything for him in a trade. A 7th rounder is even kind of a stretch.

I would just keep him until his contract runs out, then let him walk.

December 12th, 2013, 2:29 pm
RIP Killer

Blueskies wrote:
I don't the Lions could get anything for him in a trade. A 7th rounder is even kind of a stretch.

I would just keep him until his contract runs out, then let him walk.

Unless they are paying him league minimum, I'd get rid of him. Any UDFA RB can get paid to sit on the bench and allow the Lions to use the difference elsewhere. If he hasn't gotten the message by now, he'll never get it.

December 16th, 2013, 12:26 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I think Leshoure will be one of the first to be let go this offseason. I am not sure what the savings will be but every penny will count with Stafford, Calvin, and Suh's likely new contract taking up most of the cap space. Mayhew is going to have to be near flawless in the draft and hit on undervalued mid and low level FAs for the Lions to not take a 2012 style step back. Leshoure and a handful of other guys just aren't going to be worth the cost to keep on the roster.

December 16th, 2013, 5:13 pm
League MVP

sweetd20 wrote:
I think Leshoure will be one of the first to be let go this offseason. I am not sure what the savings will be but every penny will count with Stafford, Calvin, and Suh's likely new contract taking up most of the cap space. Mayhew is going to have to be near flawless in the draft and hit on undervalued mid and low level FAs for the Lions to not take a 2012 style step back. Leshoure and a handful of other guys just aren't going to be worth the cost to keep on the roster.

i would think they d move him only if they can trade him for a pick. otherwise he plays out his rookie deal since replacing him with another player would cost the same amount and he is at least valuable insurance

December 16th, 2013, 7:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2