View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 17th, 2014, 6:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 LeShoure. 
Veteran General Manager

Post LeShoure.
I have been thinking about this lately. Did the Lions decide to play him sparingly this season to let him get the achiles tendon he hurt a couple years ago to get stronger and back to pre-injury condition? While it was healed, it was obvious that he still had not recovered his burst. I just wonder if he is on a rehab type of program to get his burst back.

December 7th, 2013, 10:30 pm
Butkus Award Winner

Post Re: LeShoure.
BillySims wrote:
I have been thinking about this lately. Did the Lions decide to play him sparingly this season to let him get the achiles tendon he hurt a couple years ago to get stronger and back to pre-injury condition? While it was healed, it was obvious that he still had not recovered his burst. I just wonder if he is on a rehab type of program to get his burst back.

Not sure about a program to improve his boost, but it would make sense. Maybe they're keeping him in case his burst comes back to trade Joique Bell this off-season and get LeShoure going again.

December 7th, 2013, 10:58 pm
RIP Killer

Why would the lions trade bell? He's exactly what they need. He fights for yards, breaks tackles, solid pass catcher, solid blocker, good north/south runner...and he's dirt cheap. They'd be idiots to trade him. Plus, he absolutely loves Detroit and the fans love him.

To be honest, I completely forgot about leshoure. He's as good as gone. Trade him for a 7th conditional and maybe we can draft a kicker.

December 8th, 2013, 1:57 am
Red Shirt Freshman

Trading Joique Bell would be one of the dumbest things they could do...unless it's for a young first rate cornerback or two first round draft picks or some such.

December 8th, 2013, 4:49 am
League MVP

BillySims wrote:

maybe they re doing something to help him but the real reason he s on the shelf is because bell is both better than him and a harder worker in offseasons and practice. leshoure should ve been in the backseat last season - it was obvious that he wasnt a very good runner. he cant make people miss and broke very few tackles.

December 8th, 2013, 10:38 am
Position Coach

I think Leshoure was expected to be a power back because of his size(6'0, 227lbs out of Illinois) but he ran like a little guy without speed. He has a decent jump cut but I just think he was alot softer than everyone thought a 227lb RB should be. I do think we will unload him soon after the season but to answer the question, no I don't think we are just trying to get him healthy. I think Joique came into this year KNOWING he could take Leshoure's job. Reggie Bush came in with his world-class work ethic(and hefty contract) and Theo Riddick is simply more versatile. But alot of time has passed and If he hasn't fully healed yet, he should be close.

December 8th, 2013, 11:14 am
League MVP

i wouldnt say leshoure is soft bc i think that refers more to a mindset of being afraid of contact. he runs toward contact, he s just not strong enough to break through those tackles, he does tend to fall forward and get that extra yard though. i think coming out of college he was viewed as more than a power back - bc in college he could make nice quick cuts and in the pros showed some ability to catch the football also. i dont think he had the work ethic to recover fully from that achilles injury - evidence being the mult pot citations during that recovery. so he s probably 85% of what he was and the NFL is just so cut throat that its relegated him to a reserve role. i will say that his recovery wont really be maxed out until he s about 2 years from that injury which will be next year in training camp, so maybe there s a chance he could be useful for a team.

December 8th, 2013, 1:11 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Shotty wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Not sure about a program to improve his boost, but it would make sense. Maybe they're keeping him in case his burst comes back to trade Joique Bell this off-season and get LeShoure going again.

Sorry but this would be the most retarded plan ever. Put ina mediocre Never-been (and i wanted him as our pick and realize its mostly due to Injury) for 1 of the few bright spots in an undrafted player producing?

December 8th, 2013, 5:02 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

In truth, I don't think LeShoure was inactive most of the season due to his injury. Joique Bell has simply outplayed him. Bell has better balance, better vision, blocks better, catches better....Bell is simply a better player, and has a better work ethic. LeShoure has made some bad choices, and according to reports he lacks the work ethic of others.

When LeShoure came out of college, he was seen as a power back who had some quick feet. Watching some of his tape from his days at Illinois, he was able to make some pretty good cuts, and caught the ball decently. His blocking wasn't great, but picking him wasn't a bad idea at the time. His injury has definitely affected him, but if he isn't healed by now, more time isn't going to change that.

LeShoure put himself in the doghouse, and he's either going to have to work extremely hard to get out of there, or he's going to be playing elsewhere next season.

December 9th, 2013, 11:27 pm
NFL Team Captain

Well I'm pretty sure that they kept him for insurance after experiencing so many injuries at the position over the last few years. Personally I think they missed a great opportunity to trade him early in the season and probably could have gotten a decent WR in return to pair with CJ. Of course that is all speculation on my part.

December 10th, 2013, 10:13 pm
Team MVP

conversion02 wrote:
Why would the lions trade bell? He's exactly what they need. He fights for yards, breaks tackles, solid pass catcher, solid blocker, good north/south runner...and he's dirt cheap. They'd be idiots to trade him. Plus, he absolutely loves Detroit and the fans love him.

To be honest, I completely forgot about leshoure. He's as good as gone. Trade him for a 7th conditional and maybe we can draft a kicker.

THIS

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 11th, 2013, 4:41 pm
QB Coach

kdsberman wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

THIS

Ditto.

Also, TNLionsFanatic, I think you're vastly overestimating what the Lions could get in a trade for LeShoure. What team do you think would give up a decent WR for a RB who has never shown anything in the NFL? Try flipping that situation around. Let's say we take Burleson from a couple years ago when he was producing more than he is right now. If the Lions had said they would trade him for a RB who had a major injury in his first season and never appeared to fully get back to where he was (or was assumed to be), would you be happy about it? I'm guessing you wouldn't be, and neither would I. The reality is, the Lions could probably at best get a 5th or 6th round pick for LeShoure, or a 3rd or 4th string WR. He's not a contributor to the team in any meaningful way, and has never shown much of anything. He may end up being a solid player, but I wouldn't take a chance on that if I was the GM of another team. It's too much risk.

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things ... _Do_Anyway

LET'S GO DUKE!

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.

December 12th, 2013, 3:31 am
RIP Killer

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

THIS

Ditto.

Also, TNLionsFanatic, I think you're vastly overestimating what the Lions could get in a trade for LeShoure. What team do you think would give up a decent WR for a RB who has never shown anything in the NFL? Try flipping that situation around. Let's say we take Burleson from a couple years ago when he was producing more than he is right now. If the Lions had said they would trade him for a RB who had a major injury in his first season and never appeared to fully get back to where he was (or was assumed to be), would you be happy about it? I'm guessing you wouldn't be, and neither would I. The reality is, the Lions could probably at best get a 5th or 6th round pick for LeShoure, or a 3rd or 4th string WR. He's not a contributor to the team in any meaningful way, and has never shown much of anything. He may end up being a solid player, but I wouldn't take a chance on that if I was the GM of another team. It's too much risk.

Good post TDJ. People often don't do the 'shoe on the other foot' review of a trade as you pointed out.

I would say this...no team is going to trade a WR for LeShoure, unless:

They are STACKED at WR and STARVED for a RB, or

Said WR to be traded to us is basically in the same situation as LeShoure....has had a recent major leg related injury, and hasn't done squat since entering the league.

Unless those situations are presented, I don't see the Lions being able to get anything for LeShoure. All the other teams know he was basically inactivated, and that the Lions will likely cut him. Why would they give up any draft pick, even a conditional 7th rounder, for him unless they wanted to ensure they got him? By trading for him, they'd pick up his contract, which I don't think any team would want. He's a league minimum salary waiting to happen.

December 12th, 2013, 9:54 am
3rd Round Selection

Leshoure is 4th on our depth chart, behind a rookie drafted in the 6th round who hasn't shown much.

If that's how we think of him, and our staff see him day in day out, why would anyone give up anything to take him?

December 12th, 2013, 12:03 pm
RIP Killer

They wouldn't, however, fans still remember that he was taken in round 2 and are desperate to get something in return for something that costs so much. But it ain't happening. Dude has shown squat on the field and had some issues off of it, not a good combo for creating any kind of return value.

December 12th, 2013, 2:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next