View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 26th, 2014, 2:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 MNF Game Day Thread: Baltimore Ravens vs Detroit Lions 
RIP Killer

Post Re: MNF Game Day Thread: Baltimore Ravens vs Detroit Lions
The Legend wrote:
Quote:
Well obviously you are some kind of superior athlete that has inhuman body control and reflexes faster than any living creature on Earth. It surprises me that you aren't playing professional football yourself, since you seem to know EXACTLY what a person can do in that exact situation, in that short amount of time.

so in order to criticize a fundamental technique common to almost all contact sports one must be standing on the firm ground of either being a professional athlete or a former one? there is no reason for you to get defensive and offensive just bc you don't understand football technique.

Quote:
Talk about blah, blah, blah. Last time I checked, Calvin Johnson dropped more passes in that game than Durham, and has more dropped passes on the season than Durham. Guess Megatron sucks too, huh?

when did I say anything about durham dropping a ball? people want to cry about the Lions not getting a call but it doesn't change a thing, in this case there s a flaw with how durham went after that ball that has something to do with not getting the call. should they have called it? - yes absolutely and I wish they did. should durham be coached differently on how he s supposed to counter an arm bar? or should everyone in that lockerroom start crying about how "the refs are so biased against the Lions"? hopefully Schwartz doesn't have the m2k and billy coaching handbook but given how this season has gone maybe he does...

When it comes down to it, blaming the receiver for a non-call is just complete hogwash. I don't think you are going to find anyone that will agree with your assessment. Basketball is a far different game than football, and making the comparison doesn't support your stance, at all. A mans arm is being held, but somehow it's his fault that TWO officials standing well within range and with a clear view of the play don't make the proper call. [-X :roll:

December 20th, 2013, 1:16 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

look, I agree it should ve been called but anyone who is saying durham countered that arm bar appropriately is just lying to themselves and trying to play the referee, woe is me, Lions blame game and that gets you nowhere

December 22nd, 2013, 10:43 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I remember watching NFL Turning Point earlier this season and one of the segments was on Richard Sherman and his prolific film studying habits and at one point, he was discussing hand-fighting with a young WR and he grabbed his arm(Exactly how Durham was held). "When I grab skin, I've never had it called cuz it looks like hand fighting" @5:25. Durham is just not strong enough to play in the NFL. He should've Lebron'd it.

December 22nd, 2013, 3:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4