View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 12:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Ken Wisenhunt the new HC..... 
Veteran General Manager

Post Ken Wisenhunt the new HC.....
Of the Tennessee Titans.

Methinks Dungy was in fact in Detroit for football reasons the other day.

January 13th, 2014, 7:22 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Ken Wisenhunt the new HC.....
Not very nice Billy. Change title before you cause more hurt feelings.

Now all we need is for them to finish Hiring Munchak, and I can go bury head in sand.

January 13th, 2014, 7:25 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Pro Bowl Player

Ugh.

January 13th, 2014, 7:30 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Reports are that it's going to be Caldwell.

Again: ugh.

January 13th, 2014, 7:32 pm
Modmin Dude

I give up

January 13th, 2014, 7:37 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

I'm not all that disappointed. Whis might have wanted to change our 4-3 defense. Don't like that idea at all. I would prefer Munchak to Caldwell. But I believe Caldwell will be the hire.

January 13th, 2014, 7:48 pm

Caldwell might be a good ppl person, and maybe he even can help Stafford, but with Whiz I knew what kind of offense wed get. With Caldwell, IMO his success or failure will primarily depend on the OC and DC he brings.

January 13th, 2014, 7:52 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Pro Bowl Player

One thing that might help is that Caldwell is known as a disciplined, clean coach from the Dungy tree.

Could help a few of those phantom calls go away.

Still, Caldwell's resume is far from impressive.

January 13th, 2014, 8:05 pm
Team MVP

Not happy.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

January 13th, 2014, 8:17 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Wasn't impressed with San Diego's offense at all yesterday. Maybe a blessing he didn't come here.

January 13th, 2014, 8:27 pm

I think the Lions are going to end up making the classic mistake of going from one extreme to the other. That is to say they are going to go from a guy that's buddy buddy with the players to a dictator, instead of finding the right coach. With that said I think they are going to go with Munchak. If they go to that extreme they might end up with a Tampa Bay situation where the players basically boycotted Schiano out of town. I think the only thing worse might be if the Stoops rumor comes to fruition. I mean heck they have had so much success with all the Stoops players they have drafted, why not sign the coach as well. If it is Caldwell I really hope it isn't because Dungy the guy who said, "same old Lions" said he was the right coach. The same guy that named Caldwell as his successor and the Colts promptly dissolved into the worst team in the league when Manning was lost to injury.

January 13th, 2014, 8:58 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

sweetd20 wrote:
I think the Lions are going to end up making the classic mistake of going from one extreme to the other. That is to say they are going to go from a guy that's buddy buddy with the players to a dictator, instead of finding the right coach. With that said I think they are going to go with Munchak. If they go to that extreme they might end up with a Tampa Bay situation where the players basically boycotted Schiano out of town. I think the only thing worse might be if the Stoops rumor comes to fruition. I mean heck they have had so much success with all the Stoops players they have drafted, why not sign the coach as well.

From what I've read the players in Tennessee liked playing for Munchak. Wouldn't mind him as HC. That being said, I can't help but feel like the Lions are doing themselves and their fans a disservice by rushing to hire Caldwell or Munchak without interviewing more candidates. Why does it have to be an offensive guy? I would have liked to see them interview Zimmer. The best man for the job regardless of his background. If they do choose from the two I previously mentioned, as most are reporting they will. Could be worse, could have kept Schwartz.

January 13th, 2014, 9:15 pm

Out of all the rumored candidates Caldwell is my least favorite and anything short of a dramatic turnaround won't change my feelings. There are rumors that if he doesn't get a new job as a HC he might be released by the Ravens anyways, that isn't saying much and would be a perfect Lions move. Also let's not forget he was also the QB coach in Baltimore and I have yet to see any dramatic improvement in Flacco and his overall gameplay.

January 13th, 2014, 10:13 pm
RIP Killer

Wow. I really wanted Whisenhunt, but perhaps his interview with the Lions front office didn't go too well, which should be telling. The Lions should have had made a better offer, or done more to get him if he was their guy. And to judge Whisenhunt on one game is kind of foolish, don't you think? It's not like San Diego has a wealth of talent there, particularly their offensive line. They got into the playoffs, and their offense came to play in the second half of the season instead of crapping the bed.

As for Caldwell, he doesn't thrill me, but I don't think he's a bad guy either. Ravens won the SB last season, and their offense had something to do with that. You can't blame Caldwell for the organization letting Boldin go in FA. His loss was more telling than what some may admit to. Flacco doesn't have the raw skills some other QBs do, but he sure played a damn sight better than Stafford did this season. He's not the gunslinger, he's the game manager who can throw a deep ball. Different type of player.

Still, I think Whisenhunt going to Tennessee instead of Detroit should be very telling on just how real coaching talent feels about working in Detroit. The roster may have talent, but I guess they don't think the front office or ownership does.

January 13th, 2014, 10:36 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

There's rumblings of the DC in Seattle, but who knows. The FO has been mum as usual, so were they really high on Whiz? We might never know.

January 13th, 2014, 11:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next