View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 19th, 2014, 9:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Lions 2014 Opponents. 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Lions 2014 Opponents.
Quote:
The end of the regular season on Sunday finalized the Lions’ opponents for the 2014 season.

This is who they will play in 2014; dates will be announced in the spring.

Home: Chicago, Green Bay, Minnesota, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Buffalo, Miami, N.Y. Giants

Away: Chicago, Green Bay, Minnesota, Atlanta, Carolina, New England, N.Y. Jets, Arizona

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2013 ... z2oukr0dYc

December 29th, 2013, 8:43 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

Post Re: Lions 2014 Opponents.
thats not looking like a great road schedule for the Lions. Might be hard to write down a road win on paper.

December 29th, 2013, 9:33 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Despite how the Lions played the 2nd half of the season, we have the most talented team in the division from top to bottom. We can sweep the division. We would have if Calvin wasn't out for the 2 loses this year.

December 29th, 2013, 9:37 pm

i dunno i saw calvin out there vs a lot of teams we lost to also

December 29th, 2013, 10:01 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
Despite how the Lions played the 2nd half of the season, we have the most talented team in the division from top to bottom. We can sweep the division. We would have if Calvin wasn't out for the 2 loses this year.

Hog wash. If, if, if. If Green Bay and Chicago hadn't lost their starting QBs the Lions would have never been in the hunt. This roster has talent, but they are hardly a team. They need a unifying force at head coach.

December 29th, 2013, 10:21 pm
Hall of Fame Player

m2karateman wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Hog wash. If, if, if. If Green Bay and Chicago hadn't lost their starting QBs the Lions would have never been in the hunt. This roster has talent, but they are hardly a team. They need a unifying force at head coach.

I don't dispute that. My statement wasn't referring to the coaching issue. Only the teams talent. Rogers was healthy and playing when we played the game in Green Bay. And we barely lost. I bet Calvin would have put us over the top for a win if he had played. And correct me if I'm wrong here, But, Cutler played against us in both games. Yeah, he should have stayed on the bench in the 2nd game. I didn't claim he was smart.

December 29th, 2013, 10:43 pm
1st Round Pick

BillySims wrote:
Rogers was healthy and playing when we played the game in Green Bay. And we barely lost.

That's not how I remember that game at all. IMO we lost pretty damn convincingly.

December 30th, 2013, 5:45 am
1st Round Pick

The Legend wrote:
thats not looking like a great road schedule for the Lions. Might be hard to write down a road win on paper.

Minn (lots of FAs, they may be even worse next year than they were this) and Atlanta (really a neutral game, rather than a road one) seem to me to be the best shots. The remainder look very tough.

December 30th, 2013, 5:55 am
Hall of Fame Player

UK Lion wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Rogers was healthy and playing when we played the game in Green Bay. And we barely lost.

That's not how I remember that game at all. IMO we lost pretty damn convincingly.

You remember a skewed final score because of Stafford tried to force a pass at the end of the game that got picked and , I can't remember if it was a pick6. Or if it was returned deep into the Lionx end of the field and the Packers offense scored the TD. I think it was a pick 6.

December 30th, 2013, 8:46 am
Player of the Year - Offense

BillySims wrote:
UK Lion wrote:
BillySims wrote:

You remember a skewed final score because of Stafford tried to force a pass at the end of the game that got picked and , I can't remember if it was a pick6. Or if it was returned deep into the Lionx end of the field and the Packers offense scored the TD. I think it was a pick 6.

No, it was 22-3 until the last 2 minutes when we scored a late TD and failed the 2pt conversion. It wasn't a close game at all. The defense did a great job and forced mostly field goals, but they dominated the game from start to finish. 22-9 with our only TD coming in last 2 minutes isn't barely losing.

December 30th, 2013, 11:14 am
RIP Killer

Green Bay's victory over the Lions was every bit as convincing a win as the Lions win over Green Bay on Thanksgiving. If memory serves me, when the Lions lost to GB, our offense only got past the 50 like two or three times. The Packers easily could have pinned 40 points on the Lions that day.

I think you are confused Billy. That game wasn't even close from the coin toss to the final gun.

December 30th, 2013, 11:24 am

m2karateman wrote:
Green Bay's victory over the Lions was every bit as convincing a win as the Lions win over Green Bay on Thanksgiving. If memory serves me, when the Lions lost to GB, our offense only got past the 50 like two or three times. The Packers easily could have pinned 40 points on the Lions that day.

I think you are confused Billy. That game wasn't even close from the coin toss to the final gun.

No, billy isn't confused, that game was only a 6-3 ball game at halftime, and 9-3 with like 2 minutes left in the third. The D played pretty well until the last 1/3rd of the game. We were in that game for far longer than I expected. True the offense stunk up the place but Calvin IS a difference maker, so...it's not a huge stretch to say that the lions drive a time or two more with him in the game.

That said, the score also doesn't indicate how badly we were generally outplayed that game...

December 31st, 2013, 6:57 pm
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:

No, billy isn't confused, that game was only a 6-3 ball game at halftime, and 9-3 with like 2 minutes left in the third. The D played pretty well until the last 1/3rd of the game. We were in that game for far longer than I expected. True the offense stunk up the place but Calvin IS a difference maker, so...it's not a huge stretch to say that the lions drive a time or two more with him in the game.

That said, the score also doesn't indicate how badly we were generally outplayed that game...

Exactly my point. Green Bay dominated the Lions, and could have scored many more points if not for them making their own mistakes. That game wasn't even close. While it may have been a 3 point game at half time, that's not where the game ends. And I agree that Calvin being in would have an impact, but not THAT much of an impact so as to cause or offense to march up and down the field that much more.

January 1st, 2014, 6:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]