View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 20th, 2014, 8:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Calvin has surgery on Knee and a finger. 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Calvin has surgery on Knee and a finger.
Sirius/XM NFL Radio reports the Lions confirmed that Calvin had surgery yesterday.

January 16th, 2014, 2:44 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: Calvin has surgery on Knee and a finger.
freep wrote:
Quote:
Detroit Lions' Nate Burleson: Calvin Johnson sent pictures of 'disgusting' finger to teammates

Detroit Lions receiver Nate Burleson has suffered countless injuries in his 11-year career. But even he was grossed out by a picture of a surgically repaired finger on Calvin Johnson’s left hand.

“I didn’t talk to him about the knee (arthroscopy), but he sent out a text message with pictures of his finger,” Burleson said Monday at a promotional appearance for Forgotten Harvest at a Sterling Heights Walmart. “And my response — first of all, he never texts anybody — and you send out this Freddy Krueger, ‘Saw VI’ pictures.

“It was disgusting. It was literally the worst thing I’ve ever seen. It was gross. But I’m glad that his finger’s better because we had a lot of jokes that we poured down on him about that little afflicted finger.”

Fixing problems can be messy. Burleson knows this and that’s why he doesn’t want his contract to be a hindrance to returning to the Lions this season.

The Lions are already about $6 million over the projected salary cap of $126 million for this year, and Burleson currently would account for a $7.5-million cap hit. He said a restructuring of the final year of his contract is a certainty.

“They’ve got to figure out what they want and if they can bring in something that they need,” he said of the Lions. “They’re going to draft receivers, bring in receivers. But maybe in the next month or two I’ll get a phone call.

“But like I said, there’s more important things in my football career than money. So I’m not worried about that. That’s the least of my worries. I think the most of my concerns is making sure I’m in a Detroit Lions uniform.”

Injuries, including a freak pizza-related broken arm this year, have limited Burleson to 15 games the past two seasons. But he still caught 39 passes this season and believes, at 32, he has plenty of catches left in him before he calls it quits

“I figure a full year, Nate Burleson stays healthy, I can be productive and give you about 80 catches,” he said. “And I’m not going to retire from getting 80 catches a year. We’ll see. Maybe one or two years.

“It all depends on what we bring back to the city. The sooner we get a Super Bowl in Detroit, the faster I can consider retirement.”

January 21st, 2014, 10:04 am
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

Pablo wrote:
freep wrote:
Quote:
Detroit Lions' Nate Burleson: Calvin Johnson sent pictures of 'disgusting' finger to teammates

Detroit Lions receiver Nate Burleson has suffered countless injuries in his 11-year career. But even he was grossed out by a picture of a surgically repaired finger on Calvin Johnson’s left hand.

“I didn’t talk to him about the knee (arthroscopy), but he sent out a text message with pictures of his finger,” Burleson said Monday at a promotional appearance for Forgotten Harvest at a Sterling Heights Walmart. “And my response — first of all, he never texts anybody — and you send out this Freddy Krueger, ‘Saw VI’ pictures.

“It was disgusting. It was literally the worst thing I’ve ever seen. It was gross. But I’m glad that his finger’s better because we had a lot of jokes that we poured down on him about that little afflicted finger.”

Fixing problems can be messy. Burleson knows this and that’s why he doesn’t want his contract to be a hindrance to returning to the Lions this season.

The Lions are already about $6 million over the projected salary cap of $126 million for this year, and Burleson currently would account for a $7.5-million cap hit. He said a restructuring of the final year of his contract is a certainty.

“They’ve got to figure out what they want and if they can bring in something that they need,” he said of the Lions. “They’re going to draft receivers, bring in receivers. But maybe in the next month or two I’ll get a phone call.

“But like I said, there’s more important things in my football career than money. So I’m not worried about that. That’s the least of my worries. I think the most of my concerns is making sure I’m in a Detroit Lions uniform.”

Injuries, including a freak pizza-related broken arm this year, have limited Burleson to 15 games the past two seasons. But he still caught 39 passes this season and believes, at 32, he has plenty of catches left in him before he calls it quits

“I figure a full year, Nate Burleson stays healthy, I can be productive and give you about 80 catches,” he said. “And I’m not going to retire from getting 80 catches a year. We’ll see. Maybe one or two years.

“It all depends on what we bring back to the city. The sooner we get a Super Bowl in Detroit, the faster I can consider retirement.”

Dang I really like Nate as a person. How can you put into words a better example of being a team first player than what he has said here. I hope we find a way to keep him for cheap for another couple of years, and I hope he starts to look into how to be a coach as well. with his personality he flat out inspires people. He'll he does me at least!

January 24th, 2014, 10:22 am
#1 Overall Pick

regularjoe12 wrote:
Pablo wrote:
freep wrote:
Quote:

Dang I really like Nate as a person. How can you put into words a better example of being a team first player than what he has said here. I hope we find a way to keep him for cheap for another couple of years, and I hope he starts to look into how to be a coach as well. with his personality he flat out inspires people. He'll he does me at least!

Nate does appearances on NFL network pretty often, I think he'll be on TV instead of on the sidelines when he's done playing football. He always seemed like a great TV personality.

January 24th, 2014, 11:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]