View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 7:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 2014 Lions Offense 
Walk On

Post Re: 2014 Lions Offense
chilledmonkeybrains wrote:
This draft is deep at WR, they should take a CB in the first.

All the pieces coming together is exciting but I'll try to lay off the Kool-Aid until we're at a better position to judge the direction of the team (week 10 of next season?).

My biggest question will be how they will mesh Caldwell's desire to run the ball more and Lombardi's pass heavy strategy. A surprisingly stout O-line could open up some options for next year's offensive focus. We should be expecting big changes for a "win now" mentality and I'm hoping the creativity translates into wins!

I have no problems with Lions drafting a CB with the 10th, but who's worthy of being drafted that high. There's no clear cut guys, maybe Denard, but his Combine better be off the charts.

February 10th, 2014, 9:55 pm
Team MVP

Mufasa wrote:

All the pieces coming together is exciting but I'll try to lay off the Kool-Aid until we're at a better position to judge the direction of the team (week 10 of next season?).

My biggest question will be how they will mesh Caldwell's desire to run the ball more and Lombardi's pass heavy strategy. A surprisingly stout O-line could open up some options for next year's offensive focus. We should be expecting big changes for a "win now" mentality and I'm hoping the creativity translates into wins!

I have no problems with Lions drafting a CB with the 10th, but who's worthy of being drafted that high. There's no clear cut guys, maybe Denard, but his Combine better be off the charts.

Im a Spartan fan, and I dont think Dennard is worth the 10th overall.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 11th, 2014, 10:51 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

kdsberman wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

Have to agree about Dennard. If any of the CB's were to climb the board enough to be considered at 10, my money would be on Justin Gilbert.

February 11th, 2014, 1:46 pm
Team MVP

liontrax wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

Have to agree about Dennard. If any of the CB's were to climb the board enough to be considered at 10, my money would be on Justin Gilbert.

Mine too.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

February 11th, 2014, 2:47 pm
Team MVP

The Lions want to add a fullback in their offense, the Ravens are going to cut Leach....think we should try for him?

February 27th, 2014, 4:56 pm
Varsity Captain

As soon as possible.

February 27th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Team MVP

They say Pettigrew has 3 teams on his list, the Lions being one of them. Lets ASSUME he doesnt sign with Detroit. Do we now have a big hole at TE or can Fauria step in and be a solid player? He had a good year last year in terms of TDs, but is his all-around game polished? If they dont believe 100% in him, is Eric Ebron a possibility at 10? I wouldnt prefer it, but its going through my mind.

March 13th, 2014, 4:53 pm
3rd Round Selection

kdsberman wrote:
They say Pettigrew has 3 teams on his list, the Lions being one of them. Lets ASSUME he doesnt sign with Detroit. Do we now have a big hole at TE or can Fauria step in and be a solid player? He had a good year last year in terms of TDs, but is his all-around game polished? If they dont believe 100% in him, is Eric Ebron a possibility at 10? I wouldnt prefer it, but its going through my mind.

Fairly confident Pettigrew won't be back and yes we unquestionably need a TE to replace him. As much as Fauria has shown in his ability as a red zone target, he's still a question mark outside of the red zone and I'm not sure he'll ever really be a TE to be used in all situations.

That being said, I don't think it's so big a need that we need to be considering a TE at 10. That is, while I don't think rolling with Fauria as the full time starter would be ideal I don't think he'd be bad enough to warrant the kind of desperation shown in selecting a TE 10th overall considering there are much more glaring needs to address with that pick (my guess right now would be that Gilbert is almost a lock assuming he's there and Ihedigbo does sign as expected).

EDIT:

Welp, I'm fairly confident I shouldn't be fairly confident of anything anymore :P

March 13th, 2014, 5:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2