View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 9:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 2014 Lions Offense 
Walk On

Post 2014 Lions Offense
I'm kinda curious yet excited to see what Peyton's X-OC and Brees' X-QB coach can do to improve Stafford. An Reggie Bush should see some familiar looks from his old New Orleans days. An with the 10th overall pick unless we trade back, Lions have a shot to grab Sammy Watkins if he falls or Mike Evans a Marques Colston type #2 or Marquis Lee as a added new weapon. Not bad to look forward too.

January 29th, 2014, 12:23 pm
Lionbacker Rehab Guru

Post Re: 2014 Lions Offense
Mufasa wrote:
I'm kinda curious yet excited to see what Peyton's X-OC and Brees' X-QB coach can do to improve Stafford. An Reggie Bush should see some familiar looks from his old New Orleans days.
'Like!'

January 29th, 2014, 2:19 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Watkins is my mancrush for this draft but Jordan Mathews is also a damn good option(I expect him to be a top 25 pick) for the passing game. Kelvin Benjamin and Allen Robinson could also be very good outside. I have a bad vibe from Evans tho. And as good as Marquise Lee is, I'm timid about his knee injury.

But I'm sure the new staff will look to upgrade the WR & TE spots. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Michael Williams. I also expect Jeremy Ross to see a much larger role within the offense and for him and Calvin to get more opportunities in space(why we never attempted to get CJ in space in 5 seasons is beyond me). I'm looking forward to seeing the staff realizing the potential of this team and exploiting the versatility of Theo Riddick as our #3 back and #6 WR

January 29th, 2014, 4:15 pm
Team MVP

Like KillWill said, im a little hesitant on Mike Evans even though he is very talented. Sammy Watkins would be awesome, but doubt he makes it to 10. If he makes it to 9, our luck someone will trade in front of us because they know we need a #2 WR. Badly. I like Marquise Lee, but I think 10 MIGHT be a tad high for him. I think we could trade back a couple spots and still get him, and if not someone else who is plenty good enough to be our #2 WR on day 1. Then move up if we have to and take Austin Seferian-Jenkins with our second pick. Why his stock is dropping is beyond me. Is it his DUI he got? Who knows. I personally think hes the best TE in this draft and think we can make a HUGE leap by taking a WR in round 1 and taking him with our second pick. The coaching staff should make Stafford better and now we surround him with weapons he should have had since 2009.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

January 29th, 2014, 9:15 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Killwill25 wrote:
Watkins is my mancrush for this draft but Jordan Mathews is also a damn good option(I expect him to be a top 25 pick) for the passing game. Kelvin Benjamin and Allen Robinson could also be very good outside. I have a bad vibe from Evans tho. And as good as Marquise Lee is, I'm timid about his knee injury.

But I'm sure the new staff will look to upgrade the WR & TE spots. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Michael Williams. I also expect Jeremy Ross to see a much larger role within the offense and for him and Calvin to get more opportunities in space(why we never attempted to get CJ in space in 5 seasons is beyond me). I'm looking forward to seeing the staff realizing the potential of this team and exploiting the versatility of Theo Riddick as our #3 back and #6 WR

help me to understand how you get calvin "in space"????? there are 2 people covering him at all times.....

January 29th, 2014, 11:43 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

vankman79 wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

help me to understand how you get calvin "in space"????? there are 2 people covering him at all times.....

he wasn't doubled up this season as much as the last 2 seasons and even then, it's usually off-coverage. Teams were ok with just keeping him in front of them and knocking the hell out of him after the catch since he clearly wasn't healthy enough to blow the top off. After that second bears game, CJ was really not much above average in terms of ability

January 30th, 2014, 1:17 am
Div 1 - Starter

they were still bracketing him, dropping a lber under and a safety over the top. in order to get him into space then a defender would have to forget about him or blow a coverage and that doesnt happen cuz every defender on the field knows to not let him get "in space".

January 30th, 2014, 11:53 am
QB Coach

http://m.freep.com/Sports/article?a=201 ... 117&f=1233

January 31st, 2014, 12:59 am
Heisman Winner

Well. If there is a wideout available with an injured knee he is sure to end up as a Lions draft pick

February 8th, 2014, 11:51 pm
QB Coach

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
http://m.freep.com/Sports/article?a=2014301300117&f=1233

This link won't work for me. What story does it go to?

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

February 9th, 2014, 5:53 am
QB Coach

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti ... 4301300117

Sorry, I posted that link from facebook. Someone posted the mobile link from their phone. It worked for me when I used it but it doesn,t now. Here's the regular link. Drew Brees talking about our offense.

February 9th, 2014, 10:55 am
Team MVP

jrd66 wrote:
Well. If there is a wideout available with an injured knee he is sure to end up as a Lions draft pick

Got that right!

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

February 9th, 2014, 9:50 pm
Team MVP

From the latest articles ive read about Lombardi and things hes said and what other who've worked with him have said, I am really, really excited about seeing what he can do with this offense. Same goes for Teryl Austin, but thats a different story. Creativeness. Thats something myself and others have been really wanting. Something new. Innovative. I really hope the Lions address that 2nd WR and potential new starting TE so the potential of this offense can be even greater.

February 9th, 2014, 9:56 pm
Pop Warner Vet

This draft is deep at WR, they should take a CB in the first.

All the pieces coming together is exciting but I'll try to lay off the Kool-Aid until we're at a better position to judge the direction of the team (week 10 of next season?).

My biggest question will be how they will mesh Caldwell's desire to run the ball more and Lombardi's pass heavy strategy. A surprisingly stout O-line could open up some options for next year's offensive focus. We should be expecting big changes for a "win now" mentality and I'm hoping the creativity translates into wins!

February 10th, 2014, 1:22 pm
Team MVP

chilledmonkeybrains wrote:
This draft is deep at WR, they should take a CB in the first.

All the pieces coming together is exciting but I'll try to lay off the Kool-Aid until we're at a better position to judge the direction of the team (week 10 of next season?).

My biggest question will be how they will mesh Caldwell's desire to run the ball more and Lombardi's pass heavy strategy. A surprisingly stout O-line could open up some options for next year's offensive focus. We should be expecting big changes for a "win now" mentality and I'm hoping the creativity translates into wins!

My thoughts are this: Every new head coach always mentions at some point or another their willingness to run the ball. I mean, no head coach is gonna be at their press conference and say that they dont have plans to run the ball much. So I think the "mesh" shouldnt be a problem IMO.

February 10th, 2014, 3:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next