View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 9:38 pm



Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 2014 Lions Offense 
Author Message
Walk On
User avatar

Joined: January 11th, 2006, 4:04 pm
Posts: 430
Post 2014 Lions Offense
I'm kinda curious yet excited to see what Peyton's X-OC and Brees' X-QB coach can do to improve Stafford. An Reggie Bush should see some familiar looks from his old New Orleans days. An with the 10th overall pick unless we trade back, Lions have a shot to grab Sammy Watkins if he falls or Mike Evans a Marques Colston type #2 or Marquis Lee as a added new weapon. Not bad to look forward too.

_________________
The REAL "Lion King" and father to Simba


January 29th, 2014, 12:23 pm
Profile
Lionbacker Rehab Guru
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:08 pm
Posts: 1203
Post Re: 2014 Lions Offense
Mufasa wrote:
I'm kinda curious yet excited to see what Peyton's X-OC and Brees' X-QB coach can do to improve Stafford. An Reggie Bush should see some familiar looks from his old New Orleans days.
'Like!'

_________________
Climate Change - happening every second, of every minute of every day ever since the world was created. Needless to say it's man's fault.


January 29th, 2014, 2:19 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2231
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: 2014 Lions Offense
Watkins is my mancrush for this draft but Jordan Mathews is also a damn good option(I expect him to be a top 25 pick) for the passing game. Kelvin Benjamin and Allen Robinson could also be very good outside. I have a bad vibe from Evans tho. And as good as Marquise Lee is, I'm timid about his knee injury.

But I'm sure the new staff will look to upgrade the WR & TE spots. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Michael Williams. I also expect Jeremy Ross to see a much larger role within the offense and for him and Calvin to get more opportunities in space(why we never attempted to get CJ in space in 5 seasons is beyond me). I'm looking forward to seeing the staff realizing the potential of this team and exploiting the versatility of Theo Riddick as our #3 back and #6 WR

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


January 29th, 2014, 4:15 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3362
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: 2014 Lions Offense
Like KillWill said, im a little hesitant on Mike Evans even though he is very talented. Sammy Watkins would be awesome, but doubt he makes it to 10. If he makes it to 9, our luck someone will trade in front of us because they know we need a #2 WR. Badly. I like Marquise Lee, but I think 10 MIGHT be a tad high for him. I think we could trade back a couple spots and still get him, and if not someone else who is plenty good enough to be our #2 WR on day 1. Then move up if we have to and take Austin Seferian-Jenkins with our second pick. Why his stock is dropping is beyond me. Is it his DUI he got? Who knows. I personally think hes the best TE in this draft and think we can make a HUGE leap by taking a WR in round 1 and taking him with our second pick. The coaching staff should make Stafford better and now we surround him with weapons he should have had since 2009.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


January 29th, 2014, 9:15 pm
Profile
Div 1 - Starter
User avatar

Joined: August 19th, 2010, 9:24 pm
Posts: 583
Post Re: 2014 Lions Offense
Killwill25 wrote:
Watkins is my mancrush for this draft but Jordan Mathews is also a damn good option(I expect him to be a top 25 pick) for the passing game. Kelvin Benjamin and Allen Robinson could also be very good outside. I have a bad vibe from Evans tho. And as good as Marquise Lee is, I'm timid about his knee injury.

But I'm sure the new staff will look to upgrade the WR & TE spots. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Michael Williams. I also expect Jeremy Ross to see a much larger role within the offense and for him and Calvin to get more opportunities in space(why we never attempted to get CJ in space in 5 seasons is beyond me). I'm looking forward to seeing the staff realizing the potential of this team and exploiting the versatility of Theo Riddick as our #3 back and #6 WR


help me to understand how you get calvin "in space"????? there are 2 people covering him at all times.....


January 29th, 2014, 11:43 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2231
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: 2014 Lions Offense
vankman79 wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
Watkins is my mancrush for this draft but Jordan Mathews is also a damn good option(I expect him to be a top 25 pick) for the passing game. Kelvin Benjamin and Allen Robinson could also be very good outside. I have a bad vibe from Evans tho. And as good as Marquise Lee is, I'm timid about his knee injury.

But I'm sure the new staff will look to upgrade the WR & TE spots. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Michael Williams. I also expect Jeremy Ross to see a much larger role within the offense and for him and Calvin to get more opportunities in space(why we never attempted to get CJ in space in 5 seasons is beyond me). I'm looking forward to seeing the staff realizing the potential of this team and exploiting the versatility of Theo Riddick as our #3 back and #6 WR


help me to understand how you get calvin "in space"????? there are 2 people covering him at all times.....

he wasn't doubled up this season as much as the last 2 seasons and even then, it's usually off-coverage. Teams were ok with just keeping him in front of them and knocking the hell out of him after the catch since he clearly wasn't healthy enough to blow the top off. After that second bears game, CJ was really not much above average in terms of ability

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


January 30th, 2014, 1:17 am
Profile
Div 1 - Starter
User avatar

Joined: August 19th, 2010, 9:24 pm
Posts: 583
Post Re: 2014 Lions Offense
they were still bracketing him, dropping a lber under and a safety over the top. in order to get him into space then a defender would have to forget about him or blow a coverage and that doesnt happen cuz every defender on the field knows to not let him get "in space".


January 30th, 2014, 11:53 am
Profile
QB Coach

Joined: January 13th, 2006, 4:18 am
Posts: 3216
Location: Maryland
Post Re: 2014 Lions Offense
http://m.freep.com/Sports/article?a=201 ... 117&f=1233


January 31st, 2014, 12:59 am
Profile
Heisman Winner

Joined: February 10th, 2005, 6:52 pm
Posts: 809
Location: Linden, MI
Post Re: 2014 Lions Offense
Well. If there is a wideout available with an injured knee he is sure to end up as a Lions draft pick

_________________
OK. Schwartz is fired, the fans are happy, now what?


February 8th, 2014, 11:51 pm
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3142
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post Re: 2014 Lions Offense
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
http://m.freep.com/Sports/article?a=2014301300117&f=1233

This link won't work for me. What story does it go to?

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson


February 9th, 2014, 5:53 am
Profile
QB Coach

Joined: January 13th, 2006, 4:18 am
Posts: 3216
Location: Maryland
Post Re: 2014 Lions Offense
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti ... 4301300117

Sorry, I posted that link from facebook. Someone posted the mobile link from their phone. It worked for me when I used it but it doesn,t now. Here's the regular link. Drew Brees talking about our offense.


February 9th, 2014, 10:55 am
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3362
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: 2014 Lions Offense
jrd66 wrote:
Well. If there is a wideout available with an injured knee he is sure to end up as a Lions draft pick


Got that right!

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


February 9th, 2014, 9:50 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3362
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: 2014 Lions Offense
From the latest articles ive read about Lombardi and things hes said and what other who've worked with him have said, I am really, really excited about seeing what he can do with this offense. Same goes for Teryl Austin, but thats a different story. Creativeness. Thats something myself and others have been really wanting. Something new. Innovative. I really hope the Lions address that 2nd WR and potential new starting TE so the potential of this offense can be even greater.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


February 9th, 2014, 9:56 pm
Profile
Pop Warner Vet

Joined: March 11th, 2010, 4:39 pm
Posts: 127
Post Re: 2014 Lions Offense
This draft is deep at WR, they should take a CB in the first.

All the pieces coming together is exciting but I'll try to lay off the Kool-Aid until we're at a better position to judge the direction of the team (week 10 of next season?).

My biggest question will be how they will mesh Caldwell's desire to run the ball more and Lombardi's pass heavy strategy. A surprisingly stout O-line could open up some options for next year's offensive focus. We should be expecting big changes for a "win now" mentality and I'm hoping the creativity translates into wins!

_________________
Slow is smooth, smooth is steady, steady is fast!


February 10th, 2014, 1:22 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3362
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: 2014 Lions Offense
chilledmonkeybrains wrote:
This draft is deep at WR, they should take a CB in the first.

All the pieces coming together is exciting but I'll try to lay off the Kool-Aid until we're at a better position to judge the direction of the team (week 10 of next season?).

My biggest question will be how they will mesh Caldwell's desire to run the ball more and Lombardi's pass heavy strategy. A surprisingly stout O-line could open up some options for next year's offensive focus. We should be expecting big changes for a "win now" mentality and I'm hoping the creativity translates into wins!


My thoughts are this: Every new head coach always mentions at some point or another their willingness to run the ball. I mean, no head coach is gonna be at their press conference and say that they dont have plans to run the ball much. So I think the "mesh" shouldnt be a problem IMO.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


February 10th, 2014, 3:30 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Detroit_LIons, Falkes, Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.