View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 20th, 2014, 8:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 We need to trade Suh. 
NFL Veteran

Post Re: We need to trade Suh.
BillySims wrote:
HechePipe wrote:
The Lions are keeping their best defensive player AND they will have room to grab free agents?
I could have sworn the sky was falling a few days ago.

A few days ago, everyone was still under the impression that the cap wasn't going to grow much if any. But, the extra $7Million/year on the cap, has made it a realistic possibility to keep Suh, CJ, and Stafford. And maybe even have a few other pieces to work with.

The Lions keeping Suh, CJ, and Stafford has always been the most realistic possibility. The extra cap space didn't make that happen it just made things a little more flexible for the front office.

February 21st, 2014, 12:40 pm
Hall of Fame Player

rao wrote:
BillySims wrote:
HechePipe wrote:
The Lions are keeping their best defensive player AND they will have room to grab free agents?

A few days ago, everyone was still under the impression that the cap wasn't going to grow much if any. But, the extra $7Million/year on the cap, has made it a realistic possibility to keep Suh, CJ, and Stafford. And maybe even have a few other pieces to work with.

The Lions keeping Suh, CJ, and Stafford has always been the most realistic possibility. The extra cap space didn't make that happen it just made things a little more flexible for the front office.

The extra money helps them keep a supporting cast around them. That is what I meant when I said realistic. Without a supporting cast, it just wasn't realistic to keep all 3 of them.

February 21st, 2014, 5:00 pm
NFL Veteran

BillySims wrote:
rao wrote:
BillySims wrote:
HechePipe wrote:

The extra money helps them keep a supporting cast around them. That is what I meant when I said realistic. Without a supporting cast, it just wasn't realistic to keep all 3 of them.

They are going to keep Suh unless Suh decides to make unreasonable demands. They were already dumping players to find ways to build around Suh's cap hit and now the league just gave them some extra room. The Lions are going to build around their big 3 contracts whether it bites them in the back side or not.

I think what you should be saying is this salary cap change has made the Lions improving the supporting cast around the big 3 a more realistic possibility.

February 21st, 2014, 5:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6