View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 8:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Remaining Needs 
League MVP

Post Re: Remaining Needs
Wackadoo wrote:
With the 2 4th rd comp picks awarded to the Lions today, would you use one of them to draft a QB, possibly AJ MCCarron, or Aaron Murray?

i would consider it but im more on the mettenberger bandwagon. i think mccarron would be a good choice also, not sure about murray

March 25th, 2014, 10:48 am
Junior Varsity

The Legend wrote:
Wackadoo wrote:
With the 2 4th rd comp picks awarded to the Lions today, would you use one of them to draft a QB, possibly AJ MCCarron, or Aaron Murray?

i would consider it but im more on the mettenberger bandwagon. i think mccarron would be a good choice also, not sure about murray

I like Mettenberger too,I think Murray would have been a higher pick if not for his injury. But these would all be good options to groom as a backup/possible future starting QB to trade in the future.

March 25th, 2014, 10:58 am
Veteran General Manager

The Legend wrote:
Wackadoo wrote:

Mark my words on this. Aaron Murray is the best QB in this draft.

March 25th, 2014, 12:24 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Wackadoo wrote:

Consider them marked! I just referred to one of your other bold predictions in another thread that I also marked awhile back. Keep em coming, they bring me great joy!

March 25th, 2014, 12:36 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
Based on M2K's thinking we would have then taken DE Gaines Adams over Calvin Johnson most likely in 2007 when we took WR after WR in the first round! :shock:

DT might not be an immediate need but Suh isn't on contract for next year and who knows what Fairley's (who was drafted at a position of strength based on BPA as well) future holds. You already know my thoughts on drafting QBs. The Giants seemed to draft a DL in the first every year for a while, they won two SBs with that strategy.

I generally like the idea of drafting BPA in the first, you have other rounds to fill needs. I just don't see the need at WR, CB, LB or S so pressing that you need to reach for one at #10 if the value isn't there. That said, if it is a OT, DT or QB sitting there as BPA and you can get decent value by moving back - that would be my preference.

Tell me Pablo, what has taking all those WRs gained us? Based on YOUR thinking, we would have a roster full of QBs with no one else. We would have taken Jamarcus Russell that year if it were up to you and the Lions had the first pick. People in glass houses buddy.....

March 25th, 2014, 3:01 pm
RIP Killer

Wackadoo wrote:

I think the Lions should select a QB to develop, particularly since it is obvious they don't have confidence in Kellen Moore developing into a reliable backup. Whether or not it is a fourth round pick doesn't matter. Even if the Lions sign Shaun Hill again, they should consider taking a QB to develop.

March 25th, 2014, 3:06 pm
Veteran General Manager

Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Wackadoo wrote:

Consider them marked! I just referred to one of your other bold predictions in another thread that I also marked awhile back. Keep em coming, they bring me great joy!

At the combines, Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller asked every SEC DB they interviewed, "Who was the hardest QB you faced, to defend against?". Nearly every one of them replied Aaron Murray. A couple said LSU's QB.

If Murray wasn't injured, he would likely be in the conversation as a top 5 pick.

March 25th, 2014, 3:40 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Wackadoo wrote:

At the combines, Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller asked every SEC DB they interviewed, "Who was the hardest QB you faced, to defend against?". Nearly every one of them replied Aaron Murray. A couple said LSU's QB.

If Murray wasn't injured, he would likely be in the conversation as a top 5 pick.

Well, based on the fact that SEC DBs wouldn't have faced Bortles or Bridgewater, their choice of selections was pretty myopic. I agree that Aaron Murray's draft status was severely hurt by his injury (pun intended), but I don't think he was ever considered a top 20 talent, let alone top five.

March 26th, 2014, 1:01 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I liked Murray in college but he doesn't really have the zip to be a great QB in the NFL, where windows are going to be smaller and defenders bigger and faster. His ceiling is probably comparable to Dalton but hai floor will likely be similar to Hill. McCarron has probably pushed himself into the 3rd round but he would be a nice pick up in the 4th round. Unfortunately this looks like a an average at best QB class that might lean a little more towards craptastic. I'm actually intrigued by Guyton's potential and he will likely be an UDFA. At this point I think Hill wants more than what his value is and is a likely reason he still is unsigned. If Stafford doesn't play to his potential or get hurts this team will be stuck in the mud no matter what. At this point they might as well offer a guy like Brady Quin a one year vet minimum deal and bring in an UDFA with more upside than Moore and then reassess the position next season.

March 26th, 2014, 4:39 pm
QB Coach

Drafting a QB may be more of a possibility now with Shaun Hill signing with the Rams.

March 26th, 2014, 4:59 pm
Veteran General Manager

Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Wackadoo wrote:

I admit, I overstated that a little bit. But, not by much. Murray will be one of the 3 best QB's. Murray, Mettenburger, and Manziel. I think Bortles is a flash in the pan. I think Carr will be no better than his brother.

April 3rd, 2014, 11:18 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Wackadoo wrote:

I admit, I overstated that a little bit. But, not by much. Murray will be one of the 3 best QB's. Murray, Mettenburger, and Manziel. I think Bortles is a flash in the pan. I think Carr will be no better than his brother.

Personally I kinda want "johnnie Football" to fall flat on his face. Copyrighting "Johnnie Football" before he ever threw a pass in the NFL...what a douche! I didn't think I would dispise anyone more than Eli Manning on draft day, but this guy is really closing in.

April 3rd, 2014, 12:13 pm
Pop Warner Vet

Lol, agreed about Johnnie Douchebag

No need to draft a QB now though guys, we've got Orlovsky back! We can confidently head into the season benching Stafford and starting Orlovsky and wait to win the SB!

April 3rd, 2014, 12:54 pm
RIP Killer

Manziel will be the flash in the pan. He wants celebrity status, which is why Minnesota asked him that specific question. Does he want to be a football player or a celebrity? I think he wants to play football to gain celebrity status. He is a complete douche, and his level of talent isn't that spectacular.

Bortles has the most upside of any of the available QB prospects. Judging Derek Carr based on his brothers career is foolish. David Carr was thrust into a starting role on an expansion team. He was desitined for failure. I don't care what QB you would have thrown on that team, they were going to struggle, get crushed in the pocket and have their confidence destroyed as a result.

April 3rd, 2014, 3:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3