View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 12th, 2017, 7:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Suh's contract status 
Player of the Year - Offense

Post Re: Suh's contract status
It's definitely starting to look like Suh wants to go elsewhere, which is a shame, because I'm pretty sure our offer is competitive. That being said, I think it's a bad move on his part. We finally have a strong supporting cast and DC here, and he wants to bolt. Oh well.

"Good teams don't worry about a whole lot of stuff. They travel, they play, they win. And it doesn't matter where they go, what the time block is, all those kinds of things. They never seem to bother teams that play well, and we want to be one of those teams." -Jim Caldwell

March 5th, 2015, 8:51 am
Team MVP

I don't quite get why people keep saying that Suh wants to leave. All of his statements have indicated that he wants to be here. I understand that he may just be saying that as part of a ploy or to try to be a good guy, but still. I think people are really projecting a lot on this. In the end, I think Suh is going to go where the most money is, just like almost every single other player in the NFL. At the end of the day, these guys are in a profession that could end in an instant if they get hit the wrong way, so I don't blame them for seeking out the most money they can get. Nearly all of us would likely do the same thing.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

March 5th, 2015, 10:44 am
3rd Round Selection

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
I don't quite get why people keep saying that Suh wants to leave. All of his statements have indicated that he wants to be here. I understand that he may just be saying that as part of a ploy or to try to be a good guy, but still. I think people are really projecting a lot on this. In the end, I think Suh is going to go where the most money is, just like almost every single other player in the NFL. At the end of the day, these guys are in a profession that could end in an instant if they get hit the wrong way, so I don't blame them for seeking out the most money they can get. Nearly all of us would likely do the same thing.

Nobody is blaming him, we're just speculating on his motivations for picking a team, which could involve more than just one factor.

March 5th, 2015, 10:56 am
Team MVP

DayDreamer wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:

Nobody is blaming him, we're just speculating on his motivations for picking a team, which could involve more than just one factor.

I'm referring to the multiple statements being made about him "wanting to leave", "wanting to look elsewhere", "never wanted to be here", etc. The only thing I've seen from anyone as evidence is some statements/tweets his sister made, which may not have even been about him or his contract. Have I missed something?

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

March 5th, 2015, 11:16 am
#1 Overall Pick

I agree TDJ - if we matched his best offer, I think he would stay.

I don't think we'll be able to match his best offer.

March 5th, 2015, 3:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13