View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 25th, 2014, 11:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Suh's contract status 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: Suh's contract status
[quote="The Legend"]Rogers at his best IMO was better than both of them and didnt take himself out of plays like Suh does. Fairley has great instincts and technique but not the power that Rogers had. Even on the supposed "taking plays off," Rogers stood his ground. He was rarely blocked out of a play. Suh takes himself out once a series - maybe it was Schwartz scheme but the other guys werent doing it as frequently as Suh.[/quote]

May 9th, 2014, 9:38 pm
QB Coach

http://www.spotrac.com/premium/research ... g-suh-461/

June 23rd, 2014, 9:43 pm
Hall of Fame Player

No way Suh settles for less than Akins got.

June 23rd, 2014, 10:06 pm
NFL Veteran

BillySims wrote:
No way Suh settles for less than Akins got.

They are also saying he would get almost twice as much in guaranteed money and if that's the case Suh could possibly be happy with that. His agent probably wont be happy with anything less than $54M since he has to one up the last guy's total money.

June 24th, 2014, 11:41 am
Modmin Dude

Hasta la vista, senor Suh.....

Quote:
Lions table Ndamukong Suh talks
Updated: July 28, 2014, 3:46 PM ET
By Michael Rothstein | ESPN.com

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Ndamukong Suh will not have a deal until at least after the 2014 NFL season.

The Detroit Lions announced Monday they are tabling extension conversations with the defensive tackle until after the season ends.

Lions team president Tom Lewand said the team is tabling the talks to concentrate on the season. He remains optimistic on getting a deal done with Suh, who has a $22.4 million cap number this season.

Lewand cited his team's track record on deals for his optimism.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11277 ... suh-season

July 28th, 2014, 3:52 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Anyone wishing we had traded him before the draft now?

July 28th, 2014, 3:58 pm
Modmin Dude

BillySims wrote:
I was hoping they'd trade him during the draft..........

July 28th, 2014, 4:09 pm
Hall of Fame Player

TheRealWags wrote:
BillySims wrote:

I have been tarred and feathered for saying we should trade him before we get the equivalent to a 4th round pick for him as a comp pick. I am very confident we could have commanded a 1st and anothe pick somewhere between the 3rd and 5th rounds.

July 28th, 2014, 4:17 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

BillySims wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
BillySims wrote:

I have been tarred and feathered for saying we should trade him before we get the equivalent to a 4th round pick for him as a comp pick. I am very confident we could have commanded a 1st and anothe pick somewhere between the 3rd and 5th rounds.

If that's in the cards, it will happen WHEN( not if ) we franchise tag him next year.

July 28th, 2014, 4:47 pm
Heisman Winner

Just as I expected, this whole "We'll make it to the superbowl this season" thinking is what's to blame. Anyhow, the best thing Mahew can do now is to wait and see if some team will offer something for him as soon as the season ends. If not, tag him and trade him for whatever we can get.

July 28th, 2014, 4:51 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Billy, NFL team undervalue current players for draft picks with the possible exception of QBs. I don't see any team giving up a first + more for a DT. Most player for picks involve 6th, 7th or "conditional" picks, sometimes a 5th. I could see a 1st for a stud pass rushing DE, but those trades are rare. I certainly don't see a team making a move like this unless Suh signed a contract first.

If the Lions traded Suh before the draft, they would absorb another approx. $10M in dead money in 2014 pushing the total cap hit to just under $20M (he will cost almost $22.5M this year) so the saving aren't significant.

I'm glad you are "confident" that their are NFL teams out there willing to spend and take a cap hit for QB money (probably $20M+) for a DT while also shelling out a first round draft pick plus a mid-rounder. As for reality, if you look at the cap space needed you likely eliminate 1/2 to 2/3 of NFL teams from a financial standpoint alone. When you look at the teams with the kind of money needed avail (think of teams like the Jags, Browns, Raiders, Vikes, etc.) - how many of them are a DT away from making a real push? Not many... Now toss in Suh's less than stellar reputation with the league/commish, the fact that he doesn't attend offseason "voluntary" workouts and will be a FA at the end of the season any, etc.

Gotta tell you man, my "confidence" in trade potential was/is nowhere near yours...

July 28th, 2014, 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
Team MVP

I love how every time a situation like this comes up, SOMEONE comes on saying "I" was the one who said we should do this.... We have too many GMs on this board.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

July 28th, 2014, 7:23 pm
QB Coach

Looks like Suh is done here. Wonder if we'll spend two more first round picks on DTs with him and Fairley likely departing.

July 28th, 2014, 10:06 pm
Team MVP

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Looks like Suh is done here. Wonder if we'll spend two more first round picks on DTs with him and Fairley likely departing.

I agree.

I really, REALLY hate to see Suh not a Lion, but it just doesnt make sense to pay Suh that kind of money. The amount of money spent on his contract alone could buy us several solid free agents, therefore making this team better as a whole (on paper anyway).

Even if Fairley plays well this season I dont want him back only for the reason of it taking a non exercised 5th year option to give him motivation. So lets say he plays good, then we pay him. He got what wanted. You think he will continue to play at a high level consistently? Doubt it.

Like you said, looks like we will probably be in the market for DT help.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

July 29th, 2014, 8:51 am
QB Coach

I'm pretty sure the Lions will tag Suh if they can't get a deal worked out with him after the season. I believe the front office has already said as much. I'll see if I can find the article saying that.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

July 29th, 2014, 9:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next