View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 28th, 2014, 12:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 2014 Season Schedule 
RIP Killer

Post Re: 2014 Season Schedule
Footsoldier32 wrote:
Why the eff are we almost ALWAYS in GB at or near the end of the season!?!? On the brighter side, I like that the bye is in a good spot.

Last season it was the opposite. We played in Green Bay early in the season with nice weather. We still lost.

May 14th, 2014, 12:34 pm
RIP Killer

My predictions:

Week 1: vs New York Giants (MNF) - WIN
Week 2: at Carolina -LOSE
Week 3: vs. Green Bay -LOSE
Week 4: at New York Jets - LOSE
Week 5: vs. Buffalo - WIN
Week 6: at Minnesota - WIN
Week 7: vs. New Orleans - LOSE
Week 8: Atlanta (London) - LOSE
Week 9: Bye
Week 10: vs. Miami - LOSE
Week 11: at Arizona - LOSE
Week 12: at New England -LOSE
Week 13: vs. Chicago (Turkey Day) - WIN
Week 14: vs. Tampa Bay - WIN
Week 15: vs. Minnesota - WIN
Week 16: at Chicago - LOSE
Week 17: at Green Bay - LOSE

FINAL RECORD - 6-10, tied for last in NFCN with Minnesota

May 14th, 2014, 12:37 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

m2karateman wrote:
My predictions:

wow man, where is the love? you think we'll lose to Carolina, who might as well have me trotting out there at WR? You dont think we're better than Geno and the Jets? The train wreck that is Miami comes in to our house and we lose? Atlanta has a little bit more to prove for me to consider that a loss as well.

This is almost like an anti-homer picking. You really hated the draft that much eh?

May 14th, 2014, 12:52 pm
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
My predictions:

wow man, where is the love? you think we'll lose to Carolina, who might as well have me trotting out there at WR? You dont think we're better than Geno and the Jets? The train wreck that is Miami comes in to our house and we lose? Atlanta has a little bit more to prove for me to consider that a loss as well.

This is almost like an anti-homer picking. You really hated the draft that much eh?

It's not about the draft. I am not a big fan of Caldwell, and I don't see that the Lions will do anything of note if they don't get Stafford back on track. That is the single biggest question mark.

As for Carolina, they were a playoff team last season. You think that was JUST because of Steve Smith? Think again. They have a pretty good team, and are more than capable of beating the Lions. Remember, the Lions had to stage a remarkable comeback a couple years ago to beat them when Carolina was far less of a capable team.

About the only games on there I have as a loss that I think could be wins are the Miami and Jets games. But the Lions always manage to lose games they should win, so I have those as losses.

If you want to maintain your 'all is right with the world now that Schwartz is gone' outlook, go right ahead. I think dumping Schwartz was a step in the right direction, to be certain. But I just don't see Caldwell as being the answer.

May 15th, 2014, 1:42 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

These are completely pointless, as teams can swing wildly from one year to the next. I'm gonna predict that the Lions go 10-6.

Just for fun:

Week 2: at Carolina -Lose
Week 3: vs. Green Bay -Win
Week 4: at New York Jets - Win
Week 5: vs. Buffalo - Win
Week 6: at Minnesota - Win
Week 7: vs. New Orleans - Lose
Week 8: Atlanta (London) - Win
Week 10: vs. Miami - Win
Week 11: at Arizona - Lose
Week 12: at New England -Lose
Week 13: vs. Chicago (Turkey Day) - Win
Week 14: vs. Tampa Bay - Win
Week 15: vs. Minnesota - Win
Week 16: at Chicago - Lose
Week 17: at Green Bay - Lose

May 15th, 2014, 2:16 pm

m2karateman wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
My predictions:

It's not about the draft. I am not a big fan of Caldwell, and I don't see that the Lions will do anything of note if they don't get Stafford back on track. That is the single biggest question mark.

As for Carolina, they were a playoff team last season. You think that was JUST because of Steve Smith? Think again. They have a pretty good team, and are more than capable of beating the Lions. Remember, the Lions had to stage a remarkable comeback a couple years ago to beat them when Carolina was far less of a capable team.

About the only games on there I have as a loss that I think could be wins are the Miami and Jets games. But the Lions always manage to lose games they should win, so I have those as losses.

If you want to maintain your 'all is right with the world now that Schwartz is gone' outlook, go right ahead. I think dumping Schwartz was a step in the right direction, to be certain. But I just don't see Caldwell as being the answer.

I dont know about "all is right with the world" outlook, but im not joining the "ship is sinking" crowd either.

Im not excited about Caldwell, but i dont think he is bad either. I have graded that in particular pick up as "Meh".

IMO Carolina is another Cardiac Cat. They were a playoff team last team last year....but they were 3 years ago as well. remember how they did in the year between? This year, with only 1 (MAAAYBE 2) weapons on offense, I just dont see them getting it done. And if you know the Lions are going to lose a game or two that they should win, then you know they are also going to win a couple that they shouldn't. thats just how our Leos work isnt it? where is that in your predicitions.

im not going to declare the Lions SB winners...hell im not prediciting a playoff spot yet, but i will be PIIIISSSSSED if we only win 6 this year. My expectations are higher than that at least.

May 15th, 2014, 2:28 pm
RIP Killer

8-8, give or take 2 games - just like 80% of the NFL!

May 15th, 2014, 4:23 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:
I dont know about "all is right with the world" outlook, but im not joining the "ship is sinking" crowd either.

Im not excited about Caldwell, but i dont think he is bad either. I have graded that in particular pick up as "Meh".

IMO Carolina is another Cardiac Cat. They were a playoff team last team last year....but they were 3 years ago as well. remember how they did in the year between? This year, with only 1 (MAAAYBE 2) weapons on offense, I just dont see them getting it done. And if you know the Lions are going to lose a game or two that they should win, then you know they are also going to win a couple that they shouldn't. thats just how our Leos work isnt it? where is that in your predicitions.

im not going to declare the Lions SB winners...hell im not prediciting a playoff spot yet, but i will be PIIIISSSSSED if we only win 6 this year. My expectations are higher than that at least.

I'm not hanging it all on Caldwell. In my opinion, the wildcard for the Lions is Matt Stafford. If he puts his head on straight, the Lions could conceivably win the division and get into the playoffs. Yes, I firmly believe they have the talent to do that. But NOT without Stafford playing better football behind center. Caldwell doesn't bring much to the table, but I don't think he'll cause the Lions to be a disaster either. Stafford is the key, just like on any other football team. If the QB plays well, your team has a chance of winning some games that would normally be losses if the QB screws up. People point to the fact that the Lions lost most of their games by 7 points or less. That is testimony to the fact that good QB play can make all the difference.

As for the whole 'where is my predictions of them winning games they should lose', since it is MY predictions, I will stick with what I got. Last year I predicted 8-8, and some people thought I was crazy. Turns out I was optimistic in that regard.

Given the history of this team, the year long crap Matt Stafford laid on the field, and a general failure of the administration to address the very questionable cornerback situation, I'll stick with my prediction. If I'm wrong, I'll just have to find a way to live with myself.

May 16th, 2014, 1:12 pm
Team MVP

I think for the most part I'm gonna agree with M2K. Caldwell didn't inspire me to be optimistic and neither did the draft. I think it comes down to Stafford playing smart and making better decisions. I think an improved D would also have made a big difference but the team has gone all in on the offense, so that all comes down to Matt. He doesn't even have to be spectacular, just efficient and we can make the playoffs. I think one or two better coaching calls would have won us a few more games as well but I don't know how the new staff will shake out. I like the coordinators we put together, but I won't have faith in Caldwell until he earns it. I originally guessed 8-8 or 9-7 when the schedule came out but now I'll put us at 7 wins until I see some kind of improvement somewhere.

May 16th, 2014, 1:40 pm

m2karateman wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

I'm not hanging it all on Caldwell. In my opinion, the wildcard for the Lions is Matt Stafford. If he puts his head on straight, the Lions could conceivably win the division and get into the playoffs. Yes, I firmly believe they have the talent to do that. But NOT without Stafford playing better football behind center. Caldwell doesn't bring much to the table, but I don't think he'll cause the Lions to be a disaster either. Stafford is the key, just like on any other football team. If the QB plays well, your team has a chance of winning some games that would normally be losses if the QB screws up. People point to the fact that the Lions lost most of their games by 7 points or less. That is testimony to the fact that good QB play can make all the difference.

As for the whole 'where is my predictions of them winning games they should lose', since it is MY predictions, I will stick with what I got. Last year I predicted 8-8, and some people thought I was crazy. Turns out I was optimistic in that regard.

Given the history of this team, the year long crap Matt Stafford laid on the field, and a general failure of the administration to address the very questionable cornerback situation, I'll stick with my prediction. If I'm wrong, I'll just have to find a way to live with myself.

I could not agree more with the bolded statement. i think this year we find out who Matt really is. Is he all potential, but no follow through? or is he a solid QB? You are dead on that he is the key factor IMO.

That said, Im still very ticked off at the end of the season if we only win 6 games ;)

May 16th, 2014, 1:47 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

M2k, I understand your issues with the coach but I don't think this team needs an outstanding coach. I think a guy who will hold everyone accountable(especially the coddled QB), not piss off every ref and opposing coach, and not puss out every time we have a chance to score before the half. I am more excited for the DC and OC hires than the HC but I do think Caldwell is better than Schwartz.

If Caldwell brings out the best out of th 100th best player in the NFL, than he has succeeded.

May 16th, 2014, 9:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2