View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2014, 2:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Stafford makes top 100 players 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: Stafford makes top 100 players
Bush being on the list is much more erroneous than Stafford being on it. His fumbles and drops were much more damaging than Stafford INTs. People dont understand that a QB has to force things at times late in games, you cant villify a guy for trying when the team has its back against the wall. I guess people prefer the Joey Harrington throw it short of the sticks and just give up approach in do or die situations...

May 22nd, 2014, 6:00 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

The Legend wrote:
Bush being on the list is much more erroneous than Stafford being on it. His fumbles and drops were much more damaging than Stafford INTs. People dont understand that a QB has to force things at times late in games, you cant villify a guy for trying when the team has its back against the wall. I guess people prefer the Joey Harrington throw it short of the sticks and just give up approach in do or die situations...

Matthew Stafford led the entire NFL in fumbles.....

May 22nd, 2014, 8:30 pm
QB Coach

Killwill25 wrote:
The Legend wrote:

Matthew Stafford led the entire NFL in fumbles.....

Yes he did. And Peyton Manning, Russell Wilson, and Tom Brady were #3, 4, & 5 on the same list. Of the top 23 most fumbles in the NFL last year, 22 were QBs. QBs fumble more than any other position because they are the only ones getting totally blindsided and/or holding the ball in one hand while defensive linemen swipe at it.

I'm not excusing Stafford's fumbles, I'm just pointing out that total number of fumbles isn't a very telling stat across positions. It's different for a RB than it is for a QB.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

May 23rd, 2014, 3:16 am
Hall of Fame Player

Not to mention that a QB handles the ball every single play. I wonder what a QB's touch to fumble ratio is compared to a RB or WR?

May 23rd, 2014, 7:44 am
RIP Killer

The Legend wrote:

I think you've completely lost your mind. Stafford's picks were AWFUL plays, often throws that should never have been made, even by a rookie QB in his first NFL game. His performance for the entire season was crap.

May 23rd, 2014, 12:28 pm

m2karateman wrote:
The Legend wrote:

I think you've completely lost your mind. Stafford's picks were AWFUL plays, often throws that should never have been made, even by a rookie QB in his first NFL game. His performance for the entire season was crap.

good for you. they werent all awful plays and thats just your interpretation. tell me about the INT at the end of the Tampa game. now go look in the mirror and repeat what you said to me.

May 23rd, 2014, 9:36 pm
Heisman Winner

BillySims wrote:
Well, less talented QB's have lead their teams to Super Bowls with less surrounding talent than the Lions have.

Perhaps you are over valuing the surrounding talent. That is a tradition in Lions fandom. Let's see what they all do on the field. On paper it seems they have many bases covered. This year should tell a tale. Tate is a big deal with his possession ability.

May 24th, 2014, 8:50 am
Heisman Winner

The Legend wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
The Legend wrote:

good for you. they werent all awful plays and thats just your interpretation. tell me about the INT at the end of the Tampa game. now go look in the mirror and repeat what you said to me.

You're not allowed to bring up that play. It's not relevant. If only the lions had a QB who could get the ball to Calvin.....

May 24th, 2014, 8:57 am
Hall of Fame Player

jrd66 wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Well, less talented QB's have lead their teams to Super Bowls with less surrounding talent than the Lions have.

Perhaps you are over valuing the surrounding talent. That is a tradition in Lions fandom. Let's see what they all do on the field. On paper it seems they have many bases covered. This year should tell a tale. Tate is a big deal with his possession ability.

The Giants had 2 upper echelon WR's who were both a notch or 2 below superstar status and a QB that is really good and maybe just 1 notch below elite status.

Position by Position, (except for QB - prove me wrong Mathew.), the Lions Offense is just as good or better than the Giants was in their Super Bowl years. No fandom included. Our Offense has far more talent right now that those Giant teams had.

May 24th, 2014, 1:36 pm
NFL Veteran

BillySims wrote:
jrd66 wrote:
BillySims wrote:

The Giants had 2 upper echelon WR's who were both a notch or 2 below superstar status and a QB that is really good and maybe just 1 notch below elite status.

Position by Position, (except for QB - prove me wrong Mathew.), the Lions Offense is just as good or better than the Giants was in their Super Bowl years. No fandom included. Our Offense has far more talent right now that those Giant teams had.

Maybe now the Lions have equal talent, but last year they didn't and the years prior they didn't have a run game to fall back on like the Giants. The Giants also had a 3rd WR on both Super Bowl teams that was a competent starter in their own right. Stafford does need to get this team to the playoffs again, but he has 2 years to do it because the team can't afford to release him until the 2016 offseason and saying he has to get to the Super Bowl is just absurd given how some great teams don't even make it each year.

May 24th, 2014, 2:56 pm
Hall of Fame Player

And NOW is what my origional statement was about.

May 25th, 2014, 12:17 am
RIP Killer

The Legend wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
The Legend wrote:

I never said ALL his plays were bad. You want to single out ONE PLAY?! What about the other two picks he threw in that game? What about the other plays he DIDN'T MAKE during that game that were there for him to make?

Look at his ENTIRE SEASON and tell me he did good. Now YOU go look in the mirror and ask yourself 'how can I possibly defend Stafford and his OVERALL PERFORMANCE in 2013?'

EDIT TO ADD: Although I did say 'Stafford's picks', I did not mean all of them. Those that were tipped, like the one at the end of the TB game, are obviously the fault of the receiver. Of the 19 picks he threw last season, I believe only about two or three of them can be seen as the fault of the receiver. In my opinion, even the one where Pettigrew ducked as a very poorly thrown ball. While Pett should have gotten a hand up, it was still behind and right at his head. Tough catch for anyone, and a poor throw on an out route like that.

May 27th, 2014, 9:32 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

DeAndre Levy gettin some at #59. Well deserved.

June 5th, 2014, 2:38 pm
RIP Killer

Killwill25 wrote:

Wow, I thought he had an outside chance to make the list but not this high. Think about it this way, if you took the top 2 players from each team you are already at 64 players...

June 5th, 2014, 3:47 pm
Profile WWW

Pablo wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

Wow, I thought he had an outside chance to make the list but not this high. Think about it this way, if you took the top 2 players from each team you are already at 64 players...

So far we're at 3 players and Calvin has yet to be named!

Suddenly im twice as annoyed about last years record :\

June 5th, 2014, 5:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next