View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 6:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Our offense. 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Our offense.
It appears as if we will be running Detroit Personnel as Our base offense.
For those that are young and don't know what Detroit Personnel is:
It is 2 WR's, 2 TE's, 1 RB.

It is called Detroit Personnel because way back in the 50's, the Lions were the first team to ever use it.

May 12th, 2014, 7:26 pm
Butkus Award Winner

Post Re: Our offense.
Sounds good. Our offense is basically the 2010 one with NB killing it at the #2 spot, Calvin's even better, we have an awesome offensive line and now we have two big, talented tight ends to rely on. And some Bush home runs will be nice, too.

Can't wait for the season to start.

May 12th, 2014, 11:28 pm
RIP Killer

Given that Ebron won't be used as a tradional TE, our look on offense will probably be much closer to a 3-WR set than 2-TE set that you suggest. Given the scouting report about his blocking ability, I'm hoping E-Squared (per M2K's nickname) is pushed out a little wider...

May 13th, 2014, 8:37 am
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Pablo wrote:
Given that Ebron won't be used as a tradional TE, our look on offense will probably be much closer to a 3-WR set than 2-TE set that you suggest. Given the scouting report about his blocking ability, I'm hoping E-Squared (per M2K's nickname) is pushed out a little wider...

This is my assumption as well. Esquared will line up closer to line when we can get a LB to line up against him, but he'll pretty much be just a big reciever.

May 13th, 2014, 10:23 am
Rookie Player of the Year

regularjoe12 wrote:
Pablo wrote:

This is my assumption as well. Esquared will line up closer to line when we can get a LB to line up against him, but he'll pretty much be just a big reciever.

Yep. Look at NO: Graham filed a grievance for being tagged as a TE, and he has a legitimate case.

May 13th, 2014, 10:50 am
NFL Veteran

I don't think Ebron's blocking is that bad. There have been quite a few experts that have said he's an average blocker and not a liability, he just wasn't asked to block much in college. He sure as hell can't be a worse blocker than Fauria or even Jimmy Graham. I would think also that if Ebron is inline as long as he chips the guy in front of him on his way out it should be a pretty easy pass and catch over the blitzer to an open Ebron. The personnel groups the Lions will be able to run should just be massively flexible to the point that no one should ever be able to predict what they are doing on 1st and 2nd down.

May 13th, 2014, 10:59 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

Actually the offense we run is the Air Coryell System its the same one we've been running since 2009.

Ebron will be used the same as Tony Scheffler.

The position was originally known as the 'joker' back in the original Charger system with Kellen Winslow Sr. Similar and same versions of it are known as the H-back, F-back, rover or just X or X-back.

May 13th, 2014, 11:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]