View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 5:40 am



Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions 
Author Message
League MVP

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3692
Location: WSU
Post Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
QB - Stafford/Orlovsky

RB - Bell/Bush/Riddick/LeShoure

FB - Collins

TE - Pettigrew/Fauria/Williams

WR - Johnson/Tate/Ebron/Ogletree/Jones/Ross

OT - Reiff/Waddle/Hilliard

OG - Sims/Warford/Austin

C - Raiola/Swanson

K - Freese

P - Martin

LS - Muhlbach

DE - Ansah/Taylor/Jones/Tapp/Webster

DT - Suh/Fairley/Mosley/Reid

OLB - VanNoy/Levy/Palmer/Whitehead/Greenwood

ILB - Tulloch/Lewis

CB - Houston/Mathis/Bentley/Slay/Lawson/Greenwood

S - Quinn/Ihedigbo/Carey/Gomes/Lynn

PS - Lucas/Franklin/Couplin/?x5


May 13th, 2014, 1:58 am
Profile
NFL Veteran

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1386
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
If Lucas shows any potential at all I think they find a way to keep him on the active roster. Maybe just let Greenwood go or put Williams on the PS. I don't see Lucas making it to the PS, one of the 31 other teams will be able to just stash him on their roster.


May 13th, 2014, 8:20 am
Profile
Rookie Player of the Year
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2309
Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
-Still like Steven Miller. Hope he catches on as the 4th RB.
-I know it's a long shot, but I'd like to see Broyles make it over Ogletree. Maybe he can start the season on PUP and then we can release Ogletree after the six weeks or whatever.
-Austin was actually talking up CB Greenwood already as an up and comer. If he can stay healthy (unlikely), I think he'll have a shot.
-I wonder if it makes sense to try J. Green as a safety. He's a pretty good tackler and has the size we're looking for.

_________________
Driver of the Jim Caldwell bandwagon. Climb aboard.


May 13th, 2014, 9:26 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7430
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
thelomasbrowns wrote:
-Still like Steven Miller. Hope he catches on as the 4th RB.
-I know it's a long shot, but I'd like to see Broyles make it over Ogletree. Maybe he can start the season on PUP and then we can release Ogletree after the six weeks or whatever.
-Austin was actually talking up CB Greenwood already as an up and comer. If he can stay healthy (unlikely), I think he'll have a shot.
-I wonder if it makes sense to try J. Green as a safety. He's a pretty good tackler and has the size we're looking for.


Your last point could be why they didn't draft a Safety.


May 13th, 2014, 9:37 am
Profile
NFL Veteran

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1386
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
I thought there was some mention of Green getting looks as a safety already. I personally don't see much of a need at safety at this point. They have 2 guys now that are good solid starters, the problem I see is just at the back-up SS position because Schwartz was basically playing with 2 FSs and all the depth fits that style more than anything.


May 13th, 2014, 10:47 am
Profile
QB Coach

Joined: January 13th, 2006, 4:18 am
Posts: 3215
Location: Maryland
Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
What about Terrell Thomas at corner? Houston may not bounce back so quickly from his toe surgery and I know Thomas had two major injuries in the past but he played 16 games started 7 last season. Could be a solid fill in if the young guys don't step up.


May 16th, 2014, 11:41 pm
Profile
All State
User avatar

Joined: January 17th, 2006, 10:53 am
Posts: 343
Location: Detroit
Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
I feel as if Jonte is very underrated, granted last season want he didn't play well, but he was injured, and his rookie season he was one of our most reliable.


May 18th, 2014, 8:06 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9891
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
Detroit_LIons wrote:
I feel as if Jonte is very underrated, granted last season want he didn't play well, but he was injured, and his rookie season he was one of our most reliable.


Sorry, I disagree. His rookie season he played OK for a sixth round rookie. However, that is barely acceptable by NFL standards. He may have been injured last season, but he still showed no real improvement in his play recognition or awareness. He was a sixth rounder for a reason. After the signing of Cassius Vaughn, I think Green either moves to safety or he is shown the door.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


May 18th, 2014, 4:44 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9891
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
QB - Stafford/Orlovsky/Moore (Lions seem to always keep three)

RB - Bell/Bush/Riddick

FB - Collins

TE - Pettigrew/Ebron/Fauria/Williams (Ebron is a tight end, not a wide receiver)

WR - Johnson/Tate/Ross/Jones/Fuller

OT - Reiff/Waddle/Hilliard/Shugarts

OG - Sims/Warford/Austin

C - Raiola/Swanson

K - Freese

P - Martin

LS - Muhlbach

DE - Ansah/Taylor/Jones/Tapp/Webster

DT - Suh/Fairley/Mosley/Reid

OLB - VanNoy/Levy/Palmer/Whitehead/Greenwood

ILB - Tulloch/Lewis

CB - Houston/Mathis/Bentley/Slay/Vaughn

S - Quinn/Ihedigbo/Carey/Gomes

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


May 18th, 2014, 4:54 pm
Profile
NFL Veteran

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1386
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
m2karateman wrote:
QB - Stafford/Orlovsky/Moore (Lions seem to always keep three)

RB - Bell/Bush/Riddick

FB - Collins

TE - Pettigrew/Ebron/Fauria/Williams (Ebron is a tight end, not a wide receiver)

WR - Johnson/Tate/Ross/Jones/Fuller

OT - Reiff/Waddle/Hilliard/Shugarts

OG - Sims/Warford/Austin

C - Raiola/Swanson

K - Freese

P - Martin

LS - Muhlbach

DE - Ansah/Taylor/Jones/Tapp/Webster

DT - Suh/Fairley/Mosley/Reid

OLB - VanNoy/Levy/Palmer/Whitehead/Greenwood

ILB - Tulloch/Lewis

CB - Houston/Mathis/Bentley/Slay/Vaughn

S - Quinn/Ihedigbo/Carey/Gomes


I don't think anyone actually thinks Ebron will be listed as a WR.

The only differences I would make to your predictions are:

OT - Lucas gets kept over Shugarts because of upside and they already have Hillard to be the primary backup at OT.

OLB/RB - I think Greenwood doesn't make the roster and the Lions keep Leshoure.


May 18th, 2014, 5:34 pm
Profile
Rookie Player of the Year
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2309
Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
With Van Noy in the mix, I don't think Tapp is a lock to make the roster. If Webster can show anything, I think he'll be the fourth and final DE.

_________________
Driver of the Jim Caldwell bandwagon. Climb aboard.


May 18th, 2014, 10:15 pm
Profile
QB Coach

Joined: January 13th, 2006, 4:18 am
Posts: 3215
Location: Maryland
Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
QB: Stafford, DanO
RB: Bush, Bell, Riddick, LeShoure
FB: Collins
WR: CJ, Tate, Ross, Broyles, Jones, Durham
TE: Ebron, Fauria, Pettigrew
OT: Reiff, Waddle, Hilliard, Lucas
G: Sims, Warford, Austin
C: Raiola, Swanson

DT: Suh, Fairley, Mosley, Reid
DE: Ansah, Jones, Taylor, Tapp, Webster
LB: Levy, Tulloch, Van Noy, Palmer, Whitehead, Lewis
CB: Houston, Mathis, Slay, Bentley, Lawson, Green or Greenwood
S: Quinn, Ihedigbo, Carey, Couplin

Specalists: Freese, Martin, Mulbach

PS: Franklin, Fuller, Williams + 5

I think the biggest battles will come at CB and LB with a lot of unproven youth fighting for spots. I chose 2 undrafted rookies to make the squad again this year in Lucas and Couplin.


May 18th, 2014, 10:18 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9891
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
rao wrote:
I don't think anyone actually thinks Ebron will be listed as a WR.

See the Legends post above. It was the reason for my note.

rao wrote:
The only differences I would make to your predictions are:

OT - Lucas gets kept over Shugarts because of upside and they already have Hillard to be the primary backup at OT.

OLB/RB - I think Greenwood doesn't make the roster and the Lions keep Leshoure.


Both are very possible. I have the Lions canning LeShoure because with Jed Collins on the roster, I think they only need to keep three more backs. Riddick is far more versatile than LeShoure.

thelomasbrowns wrote:
With Van Noy in the mix, I don't think Tapp is a lock to make the roster. If Webster can show anything, I think he'll be the fourth and final DE.


I know this is a new coaching staff, but the Lions have usually kept five DEs on the roster, and four DTs. I understand that could change, but I'm sticking with that template for my prediction.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


May 19th, 2014, 3:11 pm
Profile
Rookie Player of the Year
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2309
Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
m2karateman wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
With Van Noy in the mix, I don't think Tapp is a lock to make the roster. If Webster can show anything, I think he'll be the fourth and final DE.


I know this is a new coaching staff, but the Lions have usually kept five DEs on the roster, and four DTs. I understand that could change, but I'm sticking with that template for my prediction.


Fair enough--we'll just have to see the positions this coaching staff values. I also think that if we go with a FB, you could see TE Williams not making the cut.

_________________
Driver of the Jim Caldwell bandwagon. Climb aboard.


May 19th, 2014, 3:20 pm
Profile
NFL Veteran

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1386
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
m2karateman wrote:
rao wrote:
I don't think anyone actually thinks Ebron will be listed as a WR.

See the Legends post above. It was the reason for my note.

rao wrote:
The only differences I would make to your predictions are:

OT - Lucas gets kept over Shugarts because of upside and they already have Hillard to be the primary backup at OT.

OLB/RB - I think Greenwood doesn't make the roster and the Lions keep Leshoure.


Both are very possible. I have the Lions canning LeShoure because with Jed Collins on the roster, I think they only need to keep three more backs. Riddick is far more versatile than LeShoure.

thelomasbrowns wrote:
With Van Noy in the mix, I don't think Tapp is a lock to make the roster. If Webster can show anything, I think he'll be the fourth and final DE.


I know this is a new coaching staff, but the Lions have usually kept five DEs on the roster, and four DTs. I understand that could change, but I'm sticking with that template for my prediction.


whoops sorry, I missed that he put him in that spot.

I would also keep Riddick over Leshoure, it just seems hard to believe the team would just let him go given the stance Mayhew has taken over trading him away(not that I think there is a good market for him).

I'm not sure who would get dropped for him, but I also forgot about Lawson. I think he makes the roster too. He's a scrappy nickleback that has a lot of special teams experience and along with being a draft pick I think he gives himself an edge to stick.


May 19th, 2014, 4:41 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.