View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently February 13th, 2016, 5:26 pm



Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions 
Author Message
League MVP

Joined: January 13th, 2006, 4:18 am
Posts: 3548
Location: Maryland
Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
I didn't think about it when I made my prediction, but I think Tapp being able to play both DE and LB will cause us to keep 1 less LB. I could see us going with 5 instead of 6. I read a bleacher report roster prediction that had us going with only 4 which I can't see happening.

If we move down to 5 LBs I think we'll keep an extra DB since that's the most unsettled position.


May 19th, 2014, 6:08 pm
Profile
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 4417
Location: WSU
Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
Pett s the starting TE and for all intents and purposes Ebron will be a WR who lines up next to the tackle at times. I doubt he sees much time as the only TE on the field. In my eyes, he s a WR more than anything else - I know he wont be listed as such.


May 20th, 2014, 8:17 am
Profile
NFL Veteran

Joined: October 19th, 2005, 1:24 pm
Posts: 1372
Location: Nottingham, England
Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
I expect him to be listed as a TE, but that his presence may well mean they carry one less WR than usual. So Legend's listing makes sense to me.


May 20th, 2014, 9:15 am
Profile
All State
User avatar

Joined: January 17th, 2006, 10:53 am
Posts: 346
Location: Detroit
Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
m2karateman wrote:
Detroit_LIons wrote:
I feel as if Jonte is very underrated, granted last season want he didn't play well, but he was injured, and his rookie season he was one of our most reliable.


Sorry, I disagree. His rookie season he played OK for a sixth round rookie. However, that is barely acceptable by NFL standards. He may have been injured last season, but he still showed no real improvement in his play recognition or awareness. He was a sixth rounder for a reason. After the signing of Cassius Vaughn, I think Green either moves to safety or he is shown the door.



He showed promise as a sixth rounder, and now with a new staff that I believe can help develop him, I feel he'll be a competent db for us.


May 20th, 2014, 4:37 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2742
Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
Interesting development:


_________________
"Good teams don't worry about a whole lot of stuff. They travel, they play, they win. And it doesn't matter where they go, what the time block is, all those kinds of things. They never seem to bother teams that play well, and we want to be one of those teams." -Jim Caldwell


May 21st, 2014, 9:36 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10613
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
With Lucas and Hilliard, we really don't have room for another OT

_________________
_____
Fire everyone; clean house!
Image


May 21st, 2014, 10:10 am
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2742
Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
I got a chuckle from this:


_________________
"Good teams don't worry about a whole lot of stuff. They travel, they play, they win. And it doesn't matter where they go, what the time block is, all those kinds of things. They never seem to bother teams that play well, and we want to be one of those teams." -Jim Caldwell


May 21st, 2014, 12:01 pm
Profile
Online
Color Commentator - John Madden

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1853
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
conversion02 wrote:
With Lucas and Hilliard, we really don't have room for another OT


I think it just shows they have no interest in a pure blocking TE, so making the team as an OT is probably his only chance. The good thing is he should make it to the PS because no one has had a chance to see him play since college. A lot of people thought he might be better suited to the OT position in the pros anyways.


May 21st, 2014, 1:39 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2742
Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
rao wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
With Lucas and Hilliard, we really don't have room for another OT


I think it just shows they have no interest in a pure blocking TE, so making the team as an OT is probably his only chance. The good thing is he should make it to the PS because no one has had a chance to see him play since college. A lot of people thought he might be better suited to the OT position in the pros anyways.


Yep. This is good news for Fauria as well.

_________________
"Good teams don't worry about a whole lot of stuff. They travel, they play, they win. And it doesn't matter where they go, what the time block is, all those kinds of things. They never seem to bother teams that play well, and we want to be one of those teams." -Jim Caldwell


May 21st, 2014, 2:07 pm
Profile
All State
User avatar

Joined: January 17th, 2006, 10:53 am
Posts: 346
Location: Detroit
Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
I actually believe jc3 will be the one we true fans have been hoping for when it comes to udfa.


May 22nd, 2014, 4:03 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 10332
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
Detroit_LIons wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
Detroit_LIons wrote:
I feel as if Jonte is very underrated, granted last season want he didn't play well, but he was injured, and his rookie season he was one of our most reliable.


Sorry, I disagree. His rookie season he played OK for a sixth round rookie. However, that is barely acceptable by NFL standards. He may have been injured last season, but he still showed no real improvement in his play recognition or awareness. He was a sixth rounder for a reason. After the signing of Cassius Vaughn, I think Green either moves to safety or he is shown the door.



He showed promise as a sixth rounder, and now with a new staff that I believe can help develop him, I feel he'll be a competent db for us.


Yes, he showed some promise AS A SIXTH ROUND ROOKIE. However, since that time his play has been about the same, he never really showed any improvements in his awareness or his ball skills. It's nice that you think a new coaching staff will somehow extract better play out of him. If they do, I'll be happy. However, I think his sixth round selection status has been verified by the fact that his play has not improved since that rookie season where he was basically shoved into a starting role due to injuries and general lack of talent at the position rather than his being an outstanding player.

_________________
I will not put on blinders when it comes to our QBs performances.


May 23rd, 2014, 2:34 pm
Profile
League MVP

Joined: January 13th, 2006, 4:18 am
Posts: 3548
Location: Maryland
Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
What about Terrell Thomas at corner? Houston may not bounce back so quickly from his toe surgery and I know Thomas had two major injuries in the past but he played 16 games started 7 last season. Could be a solid fill in if the young guys don't step up.



Brought him in for a visit yesterday. Also has visited with about 4 other teams. Sources say teams are waiting to sign him til after June 1 so he doesn't affect compensatory picks.


May 29th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Profile
Off. Coordinator – Joe Lombardi
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 4060
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
What about Terrell Thomas at corner? Houston may not bounce back so quickly from his toe surgery and I know Thomas had two major injuries in the past but he played 16 games started 7 last season. Could be a solid fill in if the young guys don't step up.



Brought him in for a visit yesterday. Also has visited with about 4 other teams. Sources say teams are waiting to sign him til after June 1 so he doesn't affect compensatory picks.


who did we lose this year that would cause us to care?
Nate, and Delmas are all I can think of.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


May 29th, 2014, 12:51 pm
Profile
League MVP

Joined: January 13th, 2006, 4:18 am
Posts: 3548
Location: Maryland
Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
They were both cut so they wouldn't count anyway. The article was talking more about teams in general waiting to sign him, not the Lions specifically. We've added Tate, Ihedigbo, Tapp, Vaughn, Collins, Martin, Orlosky (not sure how many of those will actually count since contract also plays into the formula) and lost Young, Hill, Fox and Idonije.


May 29th, 2014, 12:57 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame General Manager
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 8234
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
I don't see us getting any comp picks for the FA's we "lost". More like we did not want them back.


May 29th, 2014, 2:00 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.