View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 26th, 2014, 1:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions 
QB Coach

Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
I didn't think about it when I made my prediction, but I think Tapp being able to play both DE and LB will cause us to keep 1 less LB. I could see us going with 5 instead of 6. I read a bleacher report roster prediction that had us going with only 4 which I can't see happening.

If we move down to 5 LBs I think we'll keep an extra DB since that's the most unsettled position.

May 19th, 2014, 6:08 pm
League MVP

Pett s the starting TE and for all intents and purposes Ebron will be a WR who lines up next to the tackle at times. I doubt he sees much time as the only TE on the field. In my eyes, he s a WR more than anything else - I know he wont be listed as such.

May 20th, 2014, 8:17 am
3rd Round Selection

I expect him to be listed as a TE, but that his presence may well mean they carry one less WR than usual. So Legend's listing makes sense to me.

May 20th, 2014, 9:15 am
All State

m2karateman wrote:
Detroit_LIons wrote:
I feel as if Jonte is very underrated, granted last season want he didn't play well, but he was injured, and his rookie season he was one of our most reliable.

Sorry, I disagree. His rookie season he played OK for a sixth round rookie. However, that is barely acceptable by NFL standards. He may have been injured last season, but he still showed no real improvement in his play recognition or awareness. He was a sixth rounder for a reason. After the signing of Cassius Vaughn, I think Green either moves to safety or he is shown the door.

He showed promise as a sixth rounder, and now with a new staff that I believe can help develop him, I feel he'll be a competent db for us.

May 20th, 2014, 4:37 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Interesting development:

May 21st, 2014, 9:36 am
RIP Killer

With Lucas and Hilliard, we really don't have room for another OT

May 21st, 2014, 10:10 am

I got a chuckle from this:

May 21st, 2014, 12:01 pm
NFL Veteran

conversion02 wrote:

I think it just shows they have no interest in a pure blocking TE, so making the team as an OT is probably his only chance. The good thing is he should make it to the PS because no one has had a chance to see him play since college. A lot of people thought he might be better suited to the OT position in the pros anyways.

May 21st, 2014, 1:39 pm

rao wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

I think it just shows they have no interest in a pure blocking TE, so making the team as an OT is probably his only chance. The good thing is he should make it to the PS because no one has had a chance to see him play since college. A lot of people thought he might be better suited to the OT position in the pros anyways.

Yep. This is good news for Fauria as well.

May 21st, 2014, 2:07 pm
All State

I actually believe jc3 will be the one we true fans have been hoping for when it comes to udfa.

May 22nd, 2014, 4:03 am
RIP Killer

Detroit_LIons wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
Detroit_LIons wrote:
I feel as if Jonte is very underrated, granted last season want he didn't play well, but he was injured, and his rookie season he was one of our most reliable.

Sorry, I disagree. His rookie season he played OK for a sixth round rookie. However, that is barely acceptable by NFL standards. He may have been injured last season, but he still showed no real improvement in his play recognition or awareness. He was a sixth rounder for a reason. After the signing of Cassius Vaughn, I think Green either moves to safety or he is shown the door.

He showed promise as a sixth rounder, and now with a new staff that I believe can help develop him, I feel he'll be a competent db for us.

Yes, he showed some promise AS A SIXTH ROUND ROOKIE. However, since that time his play has been about the same, he never really showed any improvements in his awareness or his ball skills. It's nice that you think a new coaching staff will somehow extract better play out of him. If they do, I'll be happy. However, I think his sixth round selection status has been verified by the fact that his play has not improved since that rookie season where he was basically shoved into a starting role due to injuries and general lack of talent at the position rather than his being an outstanding player.

May 23rd, 2014, 2:34 pm
QB Coach

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
What about Terrell Thomas at corner? Houston may not bounce back so quickly from his toe surgery and I know Thomas had two major injuries in the past but he played 16 games started 7 last season. Could be a solid fill in if the young guys don't step up.

Brought him in for a visit yesterday. Also has visited with about 4 other teams. Sources say teams are waiting to sign him til after June 1 so he doesn't affect compensatory picks.

May 29th, 2014, 12:48 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
What about Terrell Thomas at corner? Houston may not bounce back so quickly from his toe surgery and I know Thomas had two major injuries in the past but he played 16 games started 7 last season. Could be a solid fill in if the young guys don't step up.

Brought him in for a visit yesterday. Also has visited with about 4 other teams. Sources say teams are waiting to sign him til after June 1 so he doesn't affect compensatory picks.

who did we lose this year that would cause us to care?
Nate, and Delmas are all I can think of.

May 29th, 2014, 12:51 pm
QB Coach

They were both cut so they wouldn't count anyway. The article was talking more about teams in general waiting to sign him, not the Lions specifically. We've added Tate, Ihedigbo, Tapp, Vaughn, Collins, Martin, Orlosky (not sure how many of those will actually count since contract also plays into the formula) and lost Young, Hill, Fox and Idonije.

May 29th, 2014, 12:57 pm
Hall of Fame Player

I don't see us getting any comp picks for the FA's we "lost". More like we did not want them back.

May 29th, 2014, 2:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next