View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 8:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions 
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
QB - Stafford, Orlovsky (the fact that Franklin doesnt even get team reps cant be a good sign. the only question is if they go with 2 or 3 Qbs. I think with Stafford learning a new offense/needing a lot of reps plus Moore s limited upside that the Lions go with just 2)

TB - Bush, Bell, Riddick (LeShoure should be dangled as he s too good to be 4th and Wynn is good depth for the PS)

FB - Collins, Owens (Owens is too valuable on Special teams and could be the 4th TB in a pinch. Collins is too familiar with the Saints/new Lions offense and played a big role)

TE - Ebron, Pettigrew, Fauria (I believe these guys are locks not even sure what other TEs are in camp)

WR - Johnson, Tate, Durham, Ogletree, Fuller

OT - Reiff, Waddle, Hilliard

OG - Warford, Sims, Reynolds, Austin

C - Raiola, Swanson

K - Tavecchio (seems to be ahead at this point but this is still wide open, Freese wasnt a big talent like Zeurlein, Walsh, etc available in last couple drafts)

P - Martin

KR/PR - Ross

LS - Muhlbach

DE - Ansah/Jones/Taylor/Webster (Tapp likely to get cut over Webster's upside esp if Ansah starts practicing soon)

DT - Suh/Fairley/Mosley/Reid (Jones can play some DT also)

OLB - Levy/Van Noy/Palmer/Greenwood (Greenwood is the superior ST to T Lewis)

MLB - Tulloch/Whitehead (suspension last year doesnt help Lewis)

CB - Mathis/Slay/Bentley/Lawson/Vaughn/Green (Vaughn is a lil more proven and Green has been better than Greenwood in camp but these spots are open)

S - Quinn, Ihedigbo, Carey, Abdul-Qudus, Gomes (Ihedigbo concerns me but he s clearly projected as a starter. Abdul Qudus or Carey could play big roles in heavy passing games)

August 4th, 2014, 11:48 pm

update after the preseason game vs the browns

QB(3) - Stafford/Orlovsky/Moore: Moore looked decent enough although it was vs 3rd stringers
TB(3) - Bush/Bell/Riddick: LeShoure was Ok but not enough and this team wants a FB this year
FB(2) - Owens/Collins: Owens is a ST with some running skills, Collins more the classic FB who the OC knows
WR(5) - Johnson/Tate/Broyles/Fuller/Durham: Edwards still not making the best of his chances, Broyles did and looked better than Ogletree also.
TE (3) - Pett/Ebron/Fauria
OT(4) - Reiff/Waddle/Hilliard/Lucas: room for Lucas to be inactive most weeks
OG(3) - Warford/Sims/Austin (Austin s looked good enough, Hilliard can play G in a pinch and so can Swanson, Reynolds last man out)
C(2) - Raiola/Swanson (Keyton w a shot too if Lions dont feel Swanson is ready to play for Dom in a pinch)

KR - Ross
K - Tevecchio (seems to have a lil more power and at least equal accuracy to Freese if u believe the beat writers)
P - Martin
LS - Muhlbach

DE (4) - Ansah/Jones/Taylor/Webster (Webster looks like he can play and that they wont need another vet for depth, looks like Johnson ahead of Tapp anyway)
DT (4) - Suh/Fairley/Mosley/Reid (might bring in Fluellen for DE/DT after week 1 when his contract isnt guaranteed)
OLB (4) - Levy/Palmer/Van Noy/Whitehead (Corey Greenwood cut already)
MLB (2) - Tulloch/Lewis
CB (5) - Slay/Mathis/Bentley/Lawson/Vaughn (still waiting to see something from Green and to "sit back and enjoy" Greenwood)
S (5) - Quinn/Ihedigbo/Carey/Gomes/Abdul-Quddus (Carey can play some corner and has developed into a good backup safety. 5th spot up for grabs)

PS: Wynn/Couplin/Peacock/Maxwell/Hickman/Hepburn/Hester/Proctor
IR - TJ Jones

August 12th, 2014, 10:01 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

I picked up on this in the first preseason game:

Quote:
*** After raving about Jonte Green's performance early in camp, he's seemed to level off. Chris Greenwood has been taken second-team reps for much of the past week, opposite Vaughn.
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... tes_3.html

August 14th, 2014, 10:58 am

thelomasbrowns wrote:
I picked up on this in the first preseason game:

Quote:
*** After raving about Jonte Green's performance early in camp, he's seemed to level off. Chris Greenwood has been taken second-team reps for much of the past week, opposite Vaughn.
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... tes_3.html

good link, looks like they are thinking that ogletree and fuller have inside tracks on roster spots and maybe its greenwood and vaughn battling at CB

August 14th, 2014, 5:33 pm

After the 2nd preseason game:

QB - Stafford/Orlovsky
TB - Bush/Bell/Riddick
FB - Owens/Collins
TE - Pettigrew/Ebron/Fauria
WR - Johnson/Tate/Ogletree/Durham/Fuller
OT - Reiff/Waddle/Hilliard/Lucas
OG - Sims/Warford/Reynolds/Austin
C - Raiola/Swanson

DE - Jones/Ansah/Johnson/Taylor/Webster
DT - Suh/Mosley/Fairley/Reid
MLB - Tulloch/T Lewis
OLB - Levy/Palmer/VanNoy/Whitehead
CB - Slay/Mathis/Bentley/Greenwood/Lawson
S - Quinn/Ihedigbo/Carey/Gomes/

K - Tevecchio
P - Martin
KR/PR - Ross
LS - Muhlbach

PS - Couplin/Wynn/Hickman/Proctor/Keyton/Maxwell/Peacock/Hepburn

August 17th, 2014, 10:37 am
1st Round Pick

Agree with the above, except I think they'll find a spot for Broyles on the roster.

August 18th, 2014, 8:58 am
Rookie Player of the Year

UK Lion wrote:
Agree with the above, except I think they'll find a spot for Broyles on the roster.

Me too. I think Fuller's upside will he mean he replaces either Durham or Ogletree on the final roster, so I'd go with:

WR - Johnson/Tate/Broyles/Durham/Fuller

August 18th, 2014, 9:16 am

thelomasbrowns wrote:
UK Lion wrote:

Me too. I think Fuller's upside will he mean he replaces either Durham or Ogletree on the final roster, so I'd go with:

we need to see another week of work, but Durham looks improved. Did anyone else catch on to him actuallly CATCHING a jump ball for a TD this weekend? Thats new for him!

August 18th, 2014, 9:22 am
#1 Overall Pick

regularjoe12 wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
UK Lion wrote:

we need to see another week of work, but Durham looks improved. Did anyone else catch on to him actuallly CATCHING a jump ball for a TD this weekend? Thats new for him!

Even when Durham does well it still looks ugly to me. I'm not sure if it was just a sloppy throw, but that DB had the better position the whole time. IMO if that DB was a vet instead of a 7th round rookie that play is most likely an incomplete pass if not an INT.

August 18th, 2014, 10:35 am

rao wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
UK Lion wrote:

Even when Durham does well it still looks ugly to me. I'm not sure if it was just a sloppy throw, but that DB had the better position the whole time. IMO if that DB was a vet instead of a 7th round rookie that play is most likely an incomplete pass if not an INT.

I wont disagree with you, Im only pointing out that this was a guarenteed drop by Durham last year.

August 18th, 2014, 11:20 am
#1 Overall Pick

regularjoe12 wrote:
rao wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
UK Lion wrote:

I wont disagree with you, Im only pointing out that this was a guarenteed drop by Durham last year.

I don't agree with that. I feel like he is no different from last season. He made a big catch here and there before, it's just that when he is out there for an extended period of time he is non-existent for most of it. That and the guy trips and stumbles all the time when running routes. He is just incredibly uncoordinated for NFL standards, but when he isn't stepping on himself his physical gifts show up.

August 18th, 2014, 1:17 pm

im not a fan of durham myself but the fact that him and ogletree have been starting while broyles is with the 2nd unit makes me think that durham may have the upper hand at this point.

August 18th, 2014, 2:46 pm
Modmin Dude

The Legend wrote:
im not a fan of durham myself but the fact that him and ogletree have been starting while broyles is with the 2nd unit makes me think that durham may have the upper hand at this point.
Could be, but also could be that Broyles has 3 consecutive injuries to recover from and they're taking it slow with him. I'm pulling for him (Broyles) and hope he can get some meaningful time against the 1's in the next game.

August 18th, 2014, 4:05 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

C- Dom

T- Rieff, Lucas, Waddle, Hilliard

G- Warford, Sims, Austin

QB- Stafford, Moore, Dano

RB- Bush, Bell, Riddick, Winn

FB- Collins

WR- CJ, Tate, Fuller, Broyles, Ross, Durham( #-o )

TE- Pett, Ebron, Fauria

DE- Ziggy, Taylor, Jones, Webster(who is playing his rectum off)

DT- Suh, Ried, Mosely, Fairly

MLB- Tully, Whitehead, Lewis

OLB- Levy, Palmer, Van Noy,

CB-Mathis, Slay, Greenwood(Who I think is better than Slay), Vaughn, Bentley, Lawson

S- Quin, Ihedigbo, Carey, Abdul-Quddus, Couplin(I think Gomes might be IR'd)

K- Freese(at the moment)
P-Martin

August 18th, 2014, 6:54 pm

Killwill25 wrote:
C- Dom

T- Rieff, Lucas, Waddle, Hilliard

G- Warford, Sims, Austin

QB- Stafford, Moore, Dano

RB- Bush, Bell, Riddick, Winn

FB- Collins

WR- CJ, Tate, Fuller, Broyles, Ross, Durham( #-o )

TE- Pett, Ebron, Fauria

DE- Ziggy, Taylor, Jones, Webster(who is playing his rectum off)

DT- Suh, Ried, Mosely, Fairly

MLB- Tully, Whitehead, Lewis

OLB- Levy, Palmer, Van Noy,

CB-Mathis, Slay, Greenwood(Who I think is better than Slay), Vaughn, Bentley, Lawson

S- Quin, Ihedigbo, Carey, Abdul-Quddus, Couplin(I think Gomes might be IR'd)

K- Freese(at the moment)
P-Martin

You dont think Swanson makes the roster?

August 19th, 2014, 9:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next