View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2014, 12:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions 
National Champion

Post Re: Early Early Early 53 man Roster predictions
regularjoe12 wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
C- Dom

T- Rieff, Lucas, Waddle, Hilliard

G- Warford, Sims, Austin

QB- Stafford, Moore, Dano

RB- Bush, Bell, Riddick, Winn

FB- Collins

WR- CJ, Tate, Fuller, Broyles, Ross, Durham( #-o )

TE- Pett, Ebron, Fauria

DE- Ziggy, Taylor, Jones, Webster(who is playing his rectum off)

DT- Suh, Ried, Mosely, Fairly

MLB- Tully, Whitehead, Lewis

OLB- Levy, Palmer, Van Noy,

CB-Mathis, Slay, Greenwood(Who I think is better than Slay), Vaughn, Bentley, Lawson

S- Quin, Ihedigbo, Carey, Abdul-Quddus, Couplin(I think Gomes might be IR'd)

K- Freese(at the moment)
P-Martin

You dont think Swanson makes the roster?

I agree with Joe, I'm questioning that as well. I hope we wouldn't cut a 3rd rounder.

August 19th, 2014, 11:19 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

My bad. I forgot about him but if he plays, our line is in trouble

August 19th, 2014, 11:44 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Killwill25 wrote:

Its RARE when a rookie O-lineman makes a posative impacty in his first year. Both Warford and Waddle were exceptions last year. Give Swanson another year (2 is more than likely needed) then we'll see his real value.

August 19th, 2014, 11:53 am

regularjoe12 wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

Its RARE when a rookie O-lineman makes a posative impacty in his first year. Both Warford and Waddle were exceptions last year. Give Swanson another year (2 is more than likely needed) then we'll see his real value.

Ya. He didn't look horrible, I'd just worry about Stafford's comfort level with him. He's only taken snaps from Dom

August 19th, 2014, 2:03 pm

Killwill25 wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

Ya. He didn't look horrible, I'd just worry about Stafford's comfort level with him. He's only taken snaps from Dom

Hopefully Dom stays healthy all year and that won't be a concern, with enough reps between now and next offseason that shouldn't (key word there ;) ) be a concern.

August 19th, 2014, 2:50 pm
RIP Killer

OFFENSE (25)
QB (2) Staff, Dan O
RB/FB (5) Bush, Bell, Riddick, Owens, Collins
WR (6) CJ, Tate, Ogletree, Broyles, Durham, Ross
TE (3) Pett, Ebron, Fauria
OL (9) (T) Reiff, Waddle, Hilliard, Lucas, (G) Sims, Warford, Austin, (C) Dom, Swanson

DEFENSE (25)
DL (9) (E) Ziggy, Jones, Taylor, Johnson, Webster, (T) Suh, Mosley, Fairley, Reid
LB (6) Tulloch, Levy, Van Noy, Palmer, Whitehead, Lewis
DB (10) (C) Slay, Mathis, Bentley, Vaughn, Greenwood, Lawson, (S) Quin, Ihedigbo, Carey, Gomes

SPECIAL TEAMS (3)
(K) Tavecchio, (P) Sam Martin, (LS) Don Muhlbach

Notes:
TJ Jones to IR (I was also tempted to add Broyles to the IR and add Fuller to the WR group)
I don't see the value in keeping a 3rd QB (Moore) on the active roster
I think Tavecchio has looked better than Freese although he was a draft pick so the Lions might lean that way
I was tempted to cut Fairley from the squad but left him on as a backup at this point
Couple of tough calls, Couplin vs Gomes and K for example, but mostly straight forward
Some of the young favorites go to the PS, I'll let you figure those out

August 19th, 2014, 4:00 pm
Profile WWW

Pablo wrote:
OFFENSE (25)
QB (2) Staff, Dan O
RB/FB (5) Bush, Bell, Riddick, Owens, Collins
WR (6) CJ, Tate, Ogletree, Broyles, Durham, Ross
TE (3) Pett, Ebron, Fauria
OL (9) (T) Reiff, Waddle, Hilliard, Lucas, (G) Sims, Warford, Austin, (C) Dom, Swanson

DEFENSE (25)
DL (9) (E) Ziggy, Jones, Taylor, Johnson, Webster, (T) Suh, Mosley, Fairley, Reid
LB (6) Tulloch, Levy, Van Noy, Palmer, Whitehead, Lewis
DB (10) (C) Slay, Mathis, Bentley, Vaughn, Greenwood, Lawson, (S) Quin, Ihedigbo, Carey, Gomes

SPECIAL TEAMS (3)
(K) Tavecchio, (P) Sam Martin, (LS) Don Muhlbach

Notes:
TJ Jones to IR (I was also tempted to add Broyles to the IR and add Fuller to the WR group)
I don't see the value in keeping a 3rd QB (Moore) on the active roster
I think Tavecchio has looked better than Freese although he was a draft pick so the Lions might lean that way
I was tempted to cut Fairley from the squad but left him on as a backup at this point
Couple of tough calls, Couplin vs Gomes and K for example, but mostly straight forward
Some of the young favorites go to the PS, I'll let you figure those out

I like it, with the exception of "The Albatros" I like what Couplin could become with a year under his belt. He's worth the gamble of a roster spot IMO. the Dude can damn near touch the ceiling of Ford Field! :idea: :idea: :idea:

Ok, ok, so MAAAYYYYBEEE im exageratng a lil bit :wink:

August 19th, 2014, 4:23 pm

when is the first rounds of cuts due? I know we're getting close. I know it's right around week 3 of the preseason.

August 20th, 2014, 9:42 am

on a semi related note...per NFL.com

The NFL Competition Committee discussed expanding practice squads from eight to 10 players back in March. The owners tabled the idea back then, but the measure has now passed.

The NFL announced Tuesday that change will go into place for only the 2014 and 2015 seasons. Absent a further agreement, the league will go back to an eight-player practice squad in 2016. This is essentially a two-year trial to see how the league likes the new rule.

We can't imagine anyone having a problem with the adjustment. It gives 64 more NFL players jobs during the 2014 season and provides greater roster flexibility for teams to develop young talent.

There is almost no downside to this rule. Without a true developmental league, teams struggle to work with young talent that isn't ready to truly compete at the pro level. A bigger practice squad could help teams teach diamonds in the rough.

August 20th, 2014, 9:45 am
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:
when is the first rounds of cuts due? I know we're getting close. I know it's right around week 3 of the preseason.

8/30, 4pm EST. The claiming period for players on waivers is noon the following day at which time teams can establish their practice squads.

With 10 PS spots, I'd argue that for most teams it makes sense to just carry 2 QBs on the active roster with a developmental QB on the PS. If you are down to your 3rd QB, your chances of making the playoffs are minimal and if you do (because you already have a great record), your chances of making a run are limited.

Ideally the NFL should have a developmental league like NFL Europe to develop QBs like Warner, Delhomme, Kitna, etc.

FYI - Kellen Moore will be PS eligible this year again as teams are now allowed to carry up to 2 players on the practice squad with 2 accrued seasons on a 53-man roster - that is where he belongs IMO. Could see someone like Chris Greenwood also added to the PS.

August 20th, 2014, 11:10 am
Profile WWW

Pablo wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

8/30, 4pm EST. The claiming period for players on waivers is noon the following day at which time teams can establish their practice squads.

With 10 PS spots, I'd argue that for most teams it makes sense to just carry 2 QBs on the active roster with a developmental QB on the PS. If you are down to your 3rd QB, your chances of making the playoffs are minimal and if you do (because you already have a great record), your chances of making a run are limited.

Ideally the NFL should have a developmental league like NFL Europe to develop QBs like Warner, Delhomme, Kitna, etc.

FYI - Kellen Moore will be PS eligible this year again as teams are now allowed to carry up to 2 players on the practice squad with 2 accrued seasons on a 53-man roster - that is where he belongs IMO. Could see someone like Chris Greenwood also added to the PS.

Greenwood, really?...I thinks he's been the second best CB on the team so far in preseason.

Somebody wake me when Darius Slay makes a play

August 20th, 2014, 6:23 pm

Killwill25 wrote:
Pablo wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

Greenwood, really?...I thinks he's been the second best CB on the team so far in preseason.

Agree about Greenwood. He's been taking 2nd team snaps, and you don't see a lot of passes thrown against him in the preseason games, which I take as a positive sign. He also had that great pass defense in the Oakland game (on the touchdown that was ultimately ruled an incomplete pass.)

August 21st, 2014, 9:14 am
Hall of Fame Player

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
Pablo wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

Agree about Greenwood. He's been taking 2nd team snaps, and you don't see a lot of passes thrown against him in the preseason games, which I take as a positive sign. He also had that great pass defense in the Oakland game (on the touchdown that was ultimately ruled an incomplete pass.)

The fact that teams aren't throwing towards Greenwood, doesn't necessarily, mean that Greenwood is that good. It just means that they are finding easier pickings on the other side.

August 21st, 2014, 9:41 am
NFL Veteran

BillySims wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
Pablo wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

The fact that teams aren't throwing towards Greenwood, doesn't necessarily, mean that Greenwood is that good. It just means that they are finding easier pickings on the other side.

That still means he's better than the other guy so in comparison to what the Lions have access to he is good.

August 21st, 2014, 9:46 am

rao wrote:
BillySims wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
Pablo wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

That still means he's better than the other guy so in comparison to what the Lions have access to he is good.

Yep, it's all relative. Along with Greenwood's physical abilities, I think it makes it easier to justify keeping him.

August 21st, 2014, 10:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next