View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 30th, 2014, 9:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Lions Draft picks signed contacts 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Lions Draft picks signed contacts
Killwill25 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
I'm just saying what they're likely to do, not what I approve of. Who else are they going to release? Already trimmed the roster down to 90 (including unsigned draft picks) and there's nobody that we don't need that could save us enough room. Who would you cut?

KRIS f*****G DURHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good God, let it go. He wasn't that bad, and nobody expected him to be thrust into a starting role. There are plenty of other receivers in the league that are MUCH higher paid that dropped more passes.

Please tell me one positive thing about his game. I'll wait

Kris Durham was thrust into a starting role. It wasn't his fault that he had that pressure and that responsibility put on him. He caught far more passes than he dropped, and there were times he made plays when he had to. Now, you tell me, WHO ELSE ON THE LIONS ROSTER LAST YEAR would have done better? Don't bring up possible free agents. Don't talk about players on other teams. He wasn't perfect. Neither was Calvin, or Nate, or anyone else on that team.

Let. It. Go.

June 8th, 2014, 10:11 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Not to follow the off topic stuff buy my favorite thing about Durham has always been all the b****ing that he was kept around to make Stafford feel more comfortable throwing to somebody he threw to in college. He caught like 30 passes from Stafford in college, he was kept around because at the price Detroit could afford he was their best option. Durham is a #4 or #5 WR in the NFL and has played up to that level, it's not his fault that at times because of a weak and fragile WR group he was at times asked to be the #2 and even the #1 option this past season.

June 9th, 2014, 12:34 pm
RIP Killer

sweetd20 wrote:
Not to follow the off topic stuff buy my favorite thing about Durham has always been all the b****ing that he was kept around to make Stafford feel more comfortable throwing to somebody he threw to in college. He caught like 30 passes from Stafford in college, he was kept around because at the price Detroit could afford he was their best option. Durham is a #4 or #5 WR in the NFL and has played up to that level, it's not his fault that at times because of a weak and fragile WR group he was at times asked to be the #2 and even the #1 option this past season.

=D> \:D/

Someone that gets it....

June 9th, 2014, 2:22 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

As far as someone who could've done better, I wanted us to keep Matt Willis and cut Durham.

June 9th, 2014, 6:47 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Killwill25 wrote:
As far as someone who could've done better, I wanted us to keep Matt Willis and cut Durham.

To be honest I really liked Willis in the preseason as well, but to be fair, those few games wernt enough to say he would have done better than Durham. ( I personally think he could have played as well though)

June 10th, 2014, 11:40 am
Hall of Fame Player

Has anyone picked Willis up? If not, case closed on him.

June 10th, 2014, 12:09 pm
NFL Veteran

BillySims wrote:
Has anyone picked Willis up? If not, case closed on him.

That's not really fair given Willis is already 30yrs old. With his age, UDFA status, and lack of playing time over the years he would be fighting an up hill battle just for a try out. The guy did look better than Durham and if he was still as young as Durham he would most likely be on someones roster right now. Durham is a pretty big failure in comparison to Willis. Willis managed to stick around the NFL from 2007-2013 as an UDFA where Durham was a 4th round pick released after his 1st year and has made little improvement in his 3 years. Durham is purely around due to his size and I question the idea he even deserves to be a 4th or 5th WR since the guy's only good quality is he can block a little and help a bit on special teams.

June 10th, 2014, 2:54 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

It's perfectly fair to say Willis couldn't cut it. Durham is an outside receiver, Willis was a slot receiver. Willis shined against the 3's in the preseason, but in the final 2 preseason games when he played with the 1's he completely disappeared. You get limited chances at the top level. And when you get them, you have to take advantage of them. Like you said, he's 30 and he's failed to show something when he's been given the chance against starting DB's.

Durham isn't supposed to be a starting 1 or 2. But he was thrust into that position due to injuries and he didn't suck up the joint anymore than any other receiver on our roster. If you want to replace him, you have to find a guy that will step up when he's given the chance. Maybe someone will this year.

June 11th, 2014, 10:49 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

njroar wrote:
It's perfectly fair to say Willis couldn't cut it. Durham is an outside receiver, Willis was a slot receiver. Willis shined against the 3's in the preseason, but in the final 2 preseason games when he played with the 1's he completely disappeared. You get limited chances at the top level. And when you get them, you have to take advantage of them. Like you said, he's 30 and he's failed to show something when he's been given the chance against starting DB's.

Durham isn't supposed to be a starting 1 or 2. But he was thrust into that position due to injuries and he didn't suck up the joint anymore than any other receiver on our roster. If you want to replace him, you have to find a guy that will step up when he's given the chance. Maybe someone will this year.

The bolded part is what I am optamistic about. With the new coordinators I am hoping we are better at evaluating WR tallent. They seem to have good expierience at finding and grooming diamonds in the rough. Im optamistic about them finding a guy who can come in and play the #3 role better than anyone played our #2 last year.(excluding Nate of course. I liked Nate!)

June 11th, 2014, 12:56 pm
Team MVP

njroar wrote:

Odell Beckham Jr would have. Did I say that out loud?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

June 11th, 2014, 12:57 pm
NFL Veteran

njroar wrote:

But that's not what is really being said. Both Kill and Joe remarked that they felt Willis could have at least done as well as Durham if not better. Billy remarked that since no one has picked up Willis that that the case was closed. I interpreted that as because Willis is no longer on a roster and Durham is that Durham is then better than Willis. I don't think that's a valid way to look at it. Teams often keep players on potential/age over immediate production. I don't think anyone can definitively state Willis isn't as good of a player as Durham and the only thing Durham really has over the guy is potential that he very likely will never come close to realizing.

I don't disagree that Willis may not be able to cut it in the NFL anymore, but I think the same could and probably should be said about Durham.

June 11th, 2014, 1:23 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Durham's ability to not get swallowed up by a defense and disappear makes him a better player than Willis. Hands down. Does that make Durham a top flight receiver? No. But he had 38 receptions last season. Willis has 30 in his entire 6 seasons as a player. The ability to get open is a key factor in how good a receiver is. It really is that simple. Potential means nothing. How anyone could see Willis doing better than Durham is beyond me. He had zero receptions when he was the top option here. He showed nothing when it counted.

June 11th, 2014, 6:37 pm
NFL Veteran

njroar wrote:
Durham's ability to not get swallowed up by a defense and disappear makes him a better player than Willis. Hands down. Does that make Durham a top flight receiver? No. But he had 38 receptions last season. Willis has 30 in his entire 6 seasons as a player. The ability to get open is a key factor in how good a receiver is. It really is that simple. Potential means nothing. How anyone could see Willis doing better than Durham is beyond me. He had zero receptions when he was the top option here. He showed nothing when it counted.

Durham was targeted 86 times and couldn't even catch half the passes thrown to him. The guy had the 3rd worst reception percentage in the NFL last season. He can't get separation, he has an awful first step and doesn't use his body or size well.

June 11th, 2014, 7:17 pm
Hall of Fame Player

rao wrote:
njroar wrote:

Durham was targeted 86 times and couldn't even catch half the passes thrown to him. The guy had the 3rd worst reception percentage in the NFL last season. He can't get separation, he has an awful first step and doesn't use his body or size well.

And he most likely won't be on an NFL roster after last cuts. If he makes it that far. This whole argument is akin to: Which do you prefer to eat? Hershey Squirts or constipation?

They both suck.

June 11th, 2014, 8:00 pm
NFL Veteran

BillySims wrote:
rao wrote:
njroar wrote:

And he most likely won't be on an NFL roster after last cuts. If he makes it that far. This whole argument is akin to: Which do you prefer to eat? Hershey Squirts or constipation?

They both suck.

I can definitely agree with that. At least with Willis a team never wasted a 4th round pick on him.

June 11th, 2014, 8:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next