View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 3:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Andre Johnson 
Varsity Captain

Post Andre Johnson
WR Andre Johnson isn't sure Houston is the place for him! Anybody think Detroit might be? Rumor has it that he could be on he trading block. What would it cost us and could we fit him under the cap?

May 17th, 2014, 9:53 pm
Team MVP

Post Re: Andre Johnson
It'll never happen.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

May 17th, 2014, 10:09 pm
NFL Veteran

He has base salaries of 10M, 10.5M, and 11M along with some option and roster bonuses, so even if they somehow could find a way to add him to the roster it would be incredibly hard to restructure his deal in a way you won't regret later. I don't think it's impossible for them to do, but it is very improbable. If he does get moved it'll probably be for something like a 4th or 5th round pick maybe even a 3rd given his production is still top tier.

May 17th, 2014, 10:15 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I doubt the Texans would take anything less than a 2nd round+, but no matter what the price is trading for a high priced 33 year old WR the move a team wants to make to be a perennial contender? The only teams I can really see making the move and Johnson agreeing to are the Patriots, 49er, Seahawks, Panthers, Steelers, and maybe the Cardinals. Is an aging player with a career full of nagging injuries really the answer as an insurance policy for Calvin? The Lions have enough to get it done on offense, I would have liked to have seen a guy like Jordan Matthews picked up in the 2nd round but I think they will be fine with what they have for right now.

May 18th, 2014, 7:38 am
RIP Killer

I'd love to see him on this team. However, I don't love the salary and don't think Houston would be reasonable in what they would want in return for him. Not. Gonna. Happen.

May 18th, 2014, 4:39 pm
RIP Killer

maybe we can flip picks with them, the 2003 #2 for the #3 - do you think they want CRog?

May 19th, 2014, 8:53 am
Profile WWW
League MVP

Boz wrote:
WR Andre Johnson isn't sure Houston is the place for him! Anybody think Detroit might be? Rumor has it that he could be on he trading block. What would it cost us and could we fit him under the cap?

our people said "Charles Rogers" and alas that ship has sailed

May 20th, 2014, 8:18 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Pablo wrote:
maybe we can flip picks with them, the 2003 #2 for the #3 - do you think they want CRog?

I doubt they'd want him Pablo. His community serice was to keep the Silverdome in good condition, and you see what kind of job he did there ;)

May 20th, 2014, 9:21 am
Div 1 - Starter

I'm more interested in the double standard between Johnson and Suh. Both of them have new head and defensive coaches, but Johnson's been gone from all voluntary workouts and got 0 national attention until he said he wanted out of Houston. Suh meanwhile, doesn't show up for voluntary workouts and it's national news, with whole NOVELS written about why he's a scumbag.

Johnson to the Lions? No thanks. First it will never happen, second Andre is too old, and would command too much money.

May 20th, 2014, 1:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]